• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
there was so much horrible trolling both in the chat and prog of course.
prog's trolling was amusing but the chat was horrible so i went full screen stream :rock:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Seriously there needs to be chat mods to ban the offensive people. Its stupid that smashboards has a chat filter but on the top of the page is a stream full of people shouting the N word as well as lots of other things. It really wouldnt be hard to ban them from chat; its no more than 10 or 20 people. The vocal minority.

Varist

Smash Lord
wow who cares if people say ****** seriously? how the hell can you get offended by one word. unless it's like, "ugly" or something. or "fatty".

OH YEAH AND SERIOUSLY, NEITHER OF THOSE WORDS ARE CENSORED BUT ****** IS? CAN'T SAY "WHERE MY *****S AT" BUT I CAN SAY "YOU'RE SUCH POOR TRASHY GARBAGE. NO ONE CARES ABOUT UGLY PEOPLE, THERE'S A REASON NO ONE LOOKED AT YOU OR INVITED YOU TO PARTIES WHEN YOU WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. DISGUSTING FATTY"

lolol

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Yeah, a lot of idiots were on the stream.
wow who cares if people say ****** seriously? how the hell can you get offended by one word. unless it's like, "ugly" or something. or "fatty".

OH YEAH AND SERIOUSLY, NEITHER OF THOSE WORDS ARE CENSORED BUT ****** IS? CAN'T SAY "WHERE MY *****S AT" BUT I CAN SAY "YOU'RE SUCH POOR TRASHY GARBAGE. NO ONE CARES ABOUT UGLY PEOPLE, THERE'S A REASON NO ONE LOOKED AT YOU OR INVITED YOU TO PARTIES WHEN YOU WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. DISGUSTING FATTY"

lolol
Had to post this. ;)

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Make me a mod. I wouldn't even talk, I'd give people a warning, if they don't heed said warning- BAN HAMMA!

Varist

Smash Lord
makes me sad. gfs are so anti-hype, only thing left is tier wars. got an olimar versus one of dem evil MKs here to take the tournament.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol USA did not rep well at Apex I guess. But whatever haha. If my bro and I were there.... well it probably would've ended the same haha :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahahahha... i'm guessing people who didn't like the chat have never experienced stream monsters before

they will never change, just like how Jesus said there will always be poor people.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol

that pretty much happens in every stream chat ever. don't worry about it guys. think of a REALLY REALLY FAST 4chan that reacts to whatever happens on screen, and also reacts to whatever happens in the chat.

over half of the posts are there to troll, and the other half is people complaining about trolling, a small percent of serious posts, and then there's an ambiguous number of people who are saying nothing, just watching the stream and/or the stream chat

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I would say the vast majority of people were not talking in the stream. Maybe 10% of people were. In starcraft streams, the chats are so much better because each streamer gets a mod or two that just bans anyone that is disrupting chat. This isn't discussions or debates, but just trolling or obnoxious chatters (like people who spam copy paste or all caps).

For example, Liquid`Jinro has the best, chillest stream chat ever. I go in there and people just sit there and chat about the game and other things. Everyone is really nice. Its really easy to get that type of community in the chat, all you have to do is weed out the people that ruin it for everyone.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Posting a comment in the chat was like throwing a twig in a surging river. Nobody read the chat, they only posted garbage.

"Melee is a 3 button fighter"
This is really accurate. I would occasionally post something like "When does Melee start?" and get 12 responses like "STAY FREE SMASH****". The worst part is they weren't even addressing me, it was just Ctrl+V on full bast.

Isn't Melee essentially a 3-button fighter? There's A, B, and shield. I suppose jump could also count, but anything other than those three is a shortcut involving them, not a new function.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I would say 4 or 5 including jump and Z

but isnt that same number of buttons as marvel and mortal kombat?

Varist

Smash Lord
i went downstairs to get some coke and i didn't want to get another cup because dish washing

brought cup i put kool-aid in and tried to wash it off in sink real quick to get out kool-aid residue

****ing water came out my faucet right at me and sprayed me in the god damn nipple

it's ****ing cold i don't want wet nipples. anyone else have this problem?

Jonas

Smash Champion
Isn't Melee essentially a 3-button fighter? There's A, B, and shield. I suppose jump could also count, but anything other than those three is a shortcut involving them, not a new function.
Not really the point. In a way it is a two button fighter because most fighting games use the stick for blocking and jumping. These guys seem to believe Street Fighter has twice the depth because it has twice the amount of buttons.

Duuurr let's make a fighting game that uses 50 butansss!!!!!1

NTA

Smash Lord
Is there a way to find a tournament? I can't remember how but I found one for Atlanta a few years ago but idk where ShinBlanka went and I dunno how to find them anymore

Top Bottom