• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Re-Release? *SIGN NOW*

Skrlx

Smash Champion
If this really happens i wouldn't even bother with brawl anymore

TP

Smash Master
5 people have signed it so far. That should be enough to convince them to make a whole new game, so I won't bother signing it myself.

:034:

UberMario

Smash Master
Why would they want to re-release a game that already plays on the Wii?

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I lol'd at this thread.
I wouldn't even want a re release of Melee. Not that Nintendo would consider it in the first place. Why detract sales from the current Smash game?

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Why would they want to re-release a game that already plays on the Wii?
Because some people (myself included) would like to see Meele the exact way it is now, except with new characters and better graphics. And possibly more stages. But keep the old characters/stages exactly the same.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Because some people (myself included) would like to see Meele the exact way it is now, except with new characters and better graphics. And possibly more stages. But keep the old characters/stages exactly the same.
Dumbest thing I've ever read. The point of a re-release would be able to exand the game (NOT CHANGED) to a brauder audience, and to keep the game alive.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Do these online petitions really work?
No.

I would like to see a rerelease of Melee for more players to join the Melee community as well along with the Brawl community because casual gamers don't give a **** about Melee now that Brawl is out. But Nintendo doesn't care at all about online petitions. They hardly listen to us at all in any case.

L__

Smash Master
You guys, stop whining. Nintendo isn't going to re-release Melee with new characters, graphics, or stages. They're still trying to sell Brawl while they can, and the re-release of Melee would only make the small community of Melee happy. If you really want to keep the game alive, or to find "new" things about this game, keep playing it and who knows? Maybe you'll discover a new advanced technique.

I mean it's kind of annoying to keep hearing, "I WISH THEY'D RE-RELEASE MELEE WITH BETTER GRAPHICS"...

Then again, I could be completely delusional.

hubble

Smash Ace
INTRODUCE THIS GAME TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.

If our competitive community continues to grow, eventually someone will be smart enough to sponsor tournaments and then it'll keep growing more and more.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
this would be 100 times more effective if the petition was in japanese. They listen to their home land's fan base way better than they listen to us.

SDC

Smash Lord
Do these online petitions really work?
no.:(

nobody in nintendo cares about these petitions, or polls, or debates. they care about what sells. yes melee sold, but the wii and the dumbed-down games they market are much more profitable then the gamecube or melee ever was. as far as nintendo is concerned, melee is probably done :(:(:( sad truth.
i feel sad now lol.

keeper

Smash Champion
Nintendo, so far, has re-released on the Wii: Pikmin, Mario Power Tennis, and other games. They're putting Metroid Prime 1 & 2 with the trilogy pack. I read something about Chibi Robo.

I don't see why they wouldn't re-release Melee for any reason other than Brawl is out. Why not re-release their highest selling Gamecube game?

TP

Smash Master
Nintendo, so far, has re-released on the Wii: Pikmin, Mario Power Tennis, and other games. They're putting Metroid Prime 1 & 2 with the trilogy pack. I read something about Chibi Robo.

I don't see why they wouldn't re-release Melee for any reason other than Brawl is out. Why not re-release their highest selling Gamecube game?
The people in this thread are talking about a remake, not just an identical copy on a Wii disc.

not gOsu

Smash Rookie
i got excited when i read this thread.

*keeps dreaming*

but this is the real ****. stupid brawl.

EDIT: honestly, this idea isn't bad..i suppose it has potential
but an online petition is definitely not the way to go about making this happen.
sorry

keeper

Smash Champion
The people in this thread are talking about a remake, not just an identical copy on a Wii disc.

Oh, well I think they should just do the current sort of re-release. Maybe add the sort of stuff they're adding to the Metroid games, like widescreen support and such (and Wii controls for those sort of people).

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
like hell I'm going through another Smash where Kirby is the worst in the game.

because it was their best selling game. all the New play games are games that didn't sell well in the Cube era.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
like hell I'm going through another Smash where Kirby is the worst in the game. because it was their best selling game. all the New play games are games that didn't sell well in the Cube era.
Oh come on kirby isn't even in your top five melee characters. How can he/it mean so much to you? Besides, just because he's near the bottom of the tiers doesn't mean he's that bad. I've seen some really good pichu and mewtwo players. I'm sure some people can play kirby very well.

Edit: srry for the double post I forgot to edit my first one and realized to late. I haven't been on forums for years. I'm a little shaky.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I signed. I don't like a lot of the people in this thread, and I doubt it will do anything, but I'm bored and seeing my name is like.... 124123490 worth of smashers., So maybe they will listen.

lolsure

Steelia

Smash Champion
Now that I think of it, Luigi's Mansion with that new play control would be awesome...

...erhem... In any case, Signed.
I would LOVE to see a rekinked Melee. While I would NOT want to see most of the characters the same (Kirby, Mewtwo in particular need some work), if their overall movesets remained generally the same but were revamped via strengthening, quickening, slowing, weakening... Hey, that's fine. Same overall play style, so one doesn't have to relearn the character as hard. Why not.

Brawl was originally supposed to be a simple Melee-remake with online addition... Turned out to be much bigger (and much worse, to many).
Melee's full of glitches, true. But that is what made the game so GOOD. Those physics mechanics, playing as Master Hand... Good stuff, for many more.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Even if a lot of people were to sign it, Nintendo probably wouldn't care. A re-make of Melee would be cool, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Maybe if like 200,000 people sign it. Then they can price it at 50$ and put a 1 million dollar budget aside for creating the remake. And anyone who buys it that didn't sign the petition would be profit.

I"m not sure how much money it would be to pay the programmers to make this.

Sanu

Smash Champion
These petitions are jokes and will never amount to anything.

Sorry buddy, it's the truth.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Everyone on smashboards should find a nintendo programmer's paypal account and all donate 1$. If like 10,000 of us do it, maybe he will show his boss and do it or something lol.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Those crazy Earthbound/Mother fans from Starmen.net did something similar and look how that turned out :laugh:

Top Bottom