• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Those animations. Where are they from. I know Gdorf's, but the others?
Mewtwo's is from his "Air Item Throw Down" animation, when he tosses a small item like a capsule; and Doc's is his "Sword Dash" animation, when he's holding the sword/bat/parasol/etc. and dashing to attack.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Been playing around with movie files and audio stuff.
WOMBO COMBO.zip (40.8 MB)
WOMBO COMBO.zip (40.6 MB)
WOMBO COMBO over 15 minute Special Movie
I don't think anybody's ISO would be truly complete without this.

Edit: A note for HACKED ISOs:
You MUST recompile the ISO for the video to work. You cannot simply use GC-Tool to replace, as the WOMBO COMBO is larger. UNHACKED ISOs do not have this problem.

Edit Too: Updated the archive with Steelia's resized HPS. Shouldn't be much of a problem now for hacked ISOs deleting one of their hacked HPS's.
That's an awesome movie.
How could we recompile the ISO for this video to work?

Acro_Mid

Smash Rookie
Anyone able to PM me a link to sleepy's ISO that is ready for music hacking? I can't seem to find it anywhere - Also the hssbm.rar file I need?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Extract whole iso, replace files, use GCRebuilder to rebuild ISO
Thank you.
What a complicated work it is! lol

1.Extract whole iso -> "root" folder is made
2.Launch GCRebuilder, Open ssbm iso
3.Replace all files in ssbm iso with all files in "root" folder

Is this correct?
If I do this, is the stuff the same as hssbm.rar?

Steelia

Smash Champion
DoctorKirby, I just tried out your new 15-min movie replacement... and it moves way~ too fast! The clip is literally double the speed. For some reason, footage like that moves at a much faster rate than on a computer. I'd recommend slowing the video down by 50% :) I think I saw a guide around here give a reason why that happens...

Doq

Smash Lord
Next project: HD Opening Movie (Widescreen)

But before I get to that, I need to know where the location of specific textures; moreso the Melee Logo, the "Nintendo's All-Stars In", and the title screen logo, as they're not part of the opening movie file itself.

[edit] Also I can't seem to find a solution to extract JPG's from MTH's. There's solutions for JPG's into MTH's (mth_make.exe) but I can't find one that works the other way around.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I've been pretty out of the loop here, so this might have been mentioned already, but I can finally dispel that dumb notion that the ability for a hitbox to clang is two bits in size (mentioned in this post as "Hitbox Interaction", P). It's actually a pair of bits with only the second one being the clang bit. The first bit is whether the move can rebound on clang. You can tell the difference by comparing Fox's f-smash with his other smashes.

TheOk4mi

Smash Rookie
Sry, quick question guys.
I deleted the original Green Greens stage and I need it back.
I remember Steelia posting a link for the Backup dats, but I can't find it.
Can somebody pls give it to me?
I have the NTSC version 1.0 with Flame Cancel and Super Jump etc.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it does matter for peach. otherwise she crashes if on the wrong version

t3h Icy

Smash Master
How feasible would it be to have the Evo Melee intro replace the Melee's game intro?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Then a simple solution would be adding 20 seconds at the end. That's pretty trivial; I'm concerned with the whole bit about actually getting the footage and music in the intro.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
NVM, I figured out a solution to my problem.

but, where can I find that animation swapping guide?

Szopanator

Smash Rookie
Ok actually I just have an issue adding some .hps files to some stages because i get a there is not enough space error when I try to import some hps files

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we need a new compendium of knowledge I think, far too many people asking questions with only 1 person knowing how to solve it or just pointing to a post in this thread.

that being said, I'm going to ask a question anyways with the hopes that someone could come up with a good way to find an answer.

I want to make specific body parts invincible, however the game doesn't give us a nice way of figuring out which value corresponds to which body part. and to make things worse, each character has different values for each body part with a few exceptions.

I've tried figuring out which values for which body part for some characters but it is extremely tedious because if the game gets a value that doesn't exist, it crashes.

anyone have any good ideas?

my gc-tool stopped being able to open iso/gcm files. i even redownloaded it and it still wont open them. it tells me this:

"Error: Could not open file C:\Users\Mumra\Documents\Melee Hacks\hacks.gcm."

what can i do?

Top Bottom