• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Thanks, ill do that.

it still gave me an error, but then i noticed the gcm file was read only for some reason lol. it works now

Szopanator

Smash Rookie
How do you change the picture shown for the character on the selection screen when you change their color?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
When I open the .tga files in Steelia's texture pack, they don't have any layers. I'm using paint.net if that's why, but it has layer support

Edit: Nvm, I am dumb. Paint.net has an auto-detect bit depth feature and was getting rid of the alpha layer

DRGN

Technowizard
How difficult would it be to make the buttons, text, and menu borders of the initial main menu (when choosing between "1-P Mode", "VS Mode", "Trophies", etc.) transparent, or removed? So all you would see is the background elements.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
plco offsets that are fun to mess with

A174 20 Max number of frames of hitlag

A178 .333 damage multiplier for frames of hitlag

A17C 3 Base hitlag

A180 .667 hitlag multiplier on crouching?

A184 1.5 Electric Element Hitlag multiplier

A288 .75 power shield size ratio
A28C .5 reflected projectiles damage multiplier

crush

Smash Master
plco offsets that are fun to mess with

A174 20 Max number of frames of hitlag

A178 .333 damage multiplier for frames of hitlag

A17C 3 Base hitlag

A180 .667 hitlag multiplier on crouching?

A184 1.5 Electric Element Hitlag multiplier

A288 .75 power shield size ratio
A28C .5 reflected projectiles damage multiplier
thanks .

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
main.dol 3B5A18 starts....

Close the Disc Cover....Insert the Super Smash Bros. Melee Game Disc....The inserted Game Disc is not...Super Smash Bros. Melee.....The Game Disc could not be read.....Read the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet..for more information....An error has occurred. Turn the power OFF and...check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet.for further instructions....Reading the Game Disc.......

have fun messing with people if you replace these messages if you can even get them to appear that is :p

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I made another modded ganondorf attack.

He raises his hand while leaning forward and then after 30 or so frames his slams his fist down into the ground and causes an earthquake in front of him the extends to the ends of the stage.

really fun to use but still working on how the damage and knock back should work.

I started with set knock back with a value of 200 on the weight calculation and 100 in the KBG part and it nearly kills jiggs but she can also crouch cancel it, which is super weird.

Kou

Smash Apprentice

He raises his hand while leaning forward and then after 30 or so frames his slams his fist down into the ground and causes an earthquake in front of him the extends to the ends of the stage.

really fun to use but still working on how the damage and knock back should work.

I started with set knock back with a value of 200 on the weight calculation and 100 in the KBG part and it nearly kills jiggs but she can also crouch cancel it, which is super weird.
wanna try to watch it :)

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Video plz

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I have absolutely no knowledge about melee hacks, but would it be possible to get the C-stick to do smashes/aerials in the single player modes instead of zooming the camera, or is that still completely beyond what anyone is capable of?

Vark

Smash Rookie
I've gotten almost everything I need, but trying to find the audio clip for Captain America Captain Falcon Captain Punch, Kick and taunt is starting to be the death of me, does anyone have these files that can PM me?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I have absolutely no knowledge about melee hacks, but would it be possible to get the C-stick to do smashes/aerials in the single player modes instead of zooming the camera, or is that still completely beyond what anyone is capable of?
You've actually got a couple options. You can use either the Action Replay codes, or you can edit/replace the .dol of your ISO to have the function built in.

Action Replay codes from Zauron's Lair
C-stick 1p mode code: v1.0
  1. T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
  2. GCH0-5WBT-26FY8
C-stick 1p mode code: 1.2
  1. JN4B-39JC-U0HP1
  2. 6WQH-WZFF-RRCA
C-Stick in 1P Mode
-C-Stick functions in 1P modes like it does in VS mode
[Zauron]
Version ── DOL Offset ────── Hex to Replace ───── ASM Code
1.00 ────── 0x167744 ──── 48000008 -> 60000000 ──── (b 0x08 -> nop)
1.01 ────── 0x167D6C ──── 48000008 -> 60000000 ──── (b 0x08 -> nop)
1.02 ────── 0x168060 ──── 48000008 -> 60000000 ──── (b 0x08 -> nop)
PAL ─────── 0x168A30 ──── 48000008 -> 60000000 ──── (b 0x08 -> nop)
If the above doesn't make any sense to you, check out this thread for more details.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
how come nobody's thought of repatching the Melee ISO with the IDs of a wii ISO

eg: SSBM for wii instead of GCN
(a much safer hacking environment than DIOS MIOS) :)

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Is it even possible?
the only difference between a GCM (ISO) and an ISO (aside from the header) is a small 32bit ID that identifies it as a wii or GCN ISO
and then the apploaders and such have minor alterations as well if I'm not mistaken (not sure if changing the filenames will work as-is)

but aside from that... everything's basically the same...

heck there's things in Brawl's SDK dating back to the N64, and if I'm right, G2D is the visual library for the SNES (not sure about the NES)
(G2D is the GX-2D library for visual sprites and such)

cjugs

Smash Ace
I've hacked my wii with bootmii and homebrew and the homebrew browser, my goal was to burn a hacked copy of melee because my disc broke. I'm pretty lost on what to do next i emailed sleepyk but the links he gave me didn't go anywhere, reason i emailed was because i knew i probably can't hack it myself due to lack of savy hack skill. I liked sleepyks stuf buti wanted to have the green ranger falcon but i'm really lost on what to do next.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've hacked my wii with bootmii and homebrew and the homebrew browser, my goal was to burn a hacked copy of melee because my disc broke. I'm pretty lost on what to do next i emailed sleepyk but the links he gave me didn't go anywhere, reason i emailed was because i knew i probably can't hack it myself due to lack of savy hack skill. I liked sleepyks stuf buti wanted to have the green ranger falcon but i'm really lost on what to do next.
This page has pretty much all the information you could need to figure out how to hack your Wii for Smash.

May I ask, how far in the process are you?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I use DIOS MIOS through CFG USB Loader to load SleepyK's ISO. (works like a charm)

just make sure your drive is formatted at 32k cluster size, or it takes longer to load.
(16k is decent if you can't do 32k)

as for installing DM(L) and CFG (or any other usb loader), I'll have to look for some docs tomorrow... heh

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think I figured out how to make characters ungrabbable like Gigabowser. will report results soon

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I did not figure out how to make bowser ungrabbable BUT I did find out how to make characters teleport to the stage when using up-b.

absolutely amazing

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
when trying to convert a .wav to a .dsp with DSPADPCM I get
"ERROR: Cannot open (filename).wav for reading!"
filename.wav is in the same folder as all the audio tools, so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.
Any ideas or alternatives?

Additionally, does anyone have the captain america audio hack for falcon? Can't find it.

Last edited:

thundrio

Smash Cadet
I really like the intro video that is in the 'Project Melee' hack and I'm just trying to put that in my own Melee image? Since the movie I want to put in is already in the right format, can I skip some of the steps that are in the tutorials for intro movie hacking?

thundrio

Smash Cadet
Thats what I figured but the post on replacing the intro video didn't seem to list the file that contains the intro video. Is there a good place that has documentation on the files?

DRGN

Technowizard
What is the process for changing a character texture so it can be used in a different color slot? For example, to change a costume set to be used for blue (PlCaBu) to be used for red (PlCaGy) instead?

I figure this information might be in here somewhere, but, this thread is over 100 pages. :p

Bluey

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is Bluey. and I am new at creating and loading textures on a SSBM iso file. I looked at many tutorials and tried everything that they told for me to do, but whenever I load my SSBM iso on dios mios, the textures NEVER appear on the character palettes when I want to change the colors... :(
Am I doing something wrong?

DRGN

Technowizard
You mean on the character select screen where it shows what character you've selected (not in a match), right? Those are separate files from the character textures. You need to create your own images for those and insert those as well if you want the custom textures to show up when you hit X/Y to change the character's costume color. If you go here and click on "Miscellaneous" you can find the original images and what needs to be replaced (in "MnSlChr.rar").

Top Bottom