• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

S l o X

Smash Champion
do you have a older wii?
it's not mine but it's the same Wii as mine (which I have updated and stuff) except it's system menu is 3.3

Which I figured out makes me unable to install HBC using Bannerbomb.

-_-

Now I have to use the Twilight hack and somehow get LOZ: TPrincess.
/
thanks for replying though.

Pi

Smash Hero
This is kind of related but..

I downloaded dolphin & ssbm ISO
Got it all working and set up and linked to my controller
Now
How would I go about doing AR stuff? Like frame by frame mode specifically, or even hitboxes that would be sexy ;o

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I'm assuming trying to run Dolphin on labtop is a no-go >_>
it depends on your laptop's specs
one of my desktop computers(got it for free) absolutely sucks, and can't create any 3d models (integrated nvidia graphics card from ~10 years ago
this other one can with its integrated intel card, but it only works with directX which dolphin no longer supports; i have to use one of the older versions to get it to work and even then i get like 2fps

smakis

Smash Ace
recently bought a new comp, it runs melee at 60 fps on all legal stages except FoD where i have 53, but i guess that can be fixed if i tweak it some and shut down unecessary things like aero. might also be because i ran it from my dvd drive and it was sleepy's iso which my dolphin seems to dislike.

Now to my question, i forgot to transfer my melee hack stuff from my old comp (which is now in a different country lol), so I want to extract the iso from the burned dvd disc i brought with me so i dont have to start over completly, how do i do that?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Now to my question, i forgot to transfer my melee hack stuff from my old comp (which is now in a different country lol), so I want to extract the iso from the burned dvd disc i brought with me so i dont have to start over completly, how do i do that?
IMGBurn -> Create Image File From Disc -> Set Destination to Desktop or wherever's most convenient for you, saving as type .ISO

Piece of cake. ;)

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
it's not mine but it's the same Wii as mine (which I have updated and stuff) except it's system menu is 3.3

Which I figured out makes me unable to install HBC using Bannerbomb.

-_-

Now I have to use the Twilight hack and somehow get LOZ: TPrincess.
/
thanks for replying though.
you have to update to 4.2 but you need boot Mii 2 and preloader so you have the options to turn off updates and force region games.its pretty crucial for all the new wii games..

leffen

Smash Champion
Guys, so tomorrow ima get texture hacks for melee ( was gonna get them yesterday but i bought DVD+R disc by mistake and it errored after starting every time :/, burned at 2,4, maybe thats the problem?) Anyway, how much does texture hacks lag? Melee players from Stockholm reeeaaally hate lag, and at berlin calling the textures made it lag according to them.
Whats everyone else experience? Tbh i don't think mango /lucky and eggz/ silentwolf would play if the lag increase was big :o

Rykard

Smash Ace
Guys, so tomorrow ima get texture hacks for melee ( was gonna get them yesterday but i bought DVD+R disc by mistake and it errored after starting every time :/, burned at 2,4, maybe thats the problem?) Anyway, how much does texture hacks lag? Melee players from Stockholm reeeaaally hate lag, and at berlin calling the textures made it lag according to them.
Whats everyone else experience? Tbh i don't think mango /lucky and eggz/ silentwolf would play if the lag increase was big :o
It doesn't lag for me, at least for matches. The only difference i experience is that loading times are a little bit longer but it isn't a problem at all

`DNS`

Smash Lord
it shouldn't make it lag at all

D1

Banned via Administration
There's like 3 NTSC versions.

1.0/1.1/1.2

I thought people knew this since way back.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
speaking of versions. when you load the "pal" from the loader-is it just video compatible or is it actually PAL like with all the game changes?

Pi

Smash Hero

Now
How would I go about doing AR stuff? Like frame by frame mode specifically, or even hitboxes that would be sexy ;o
Does anyone have this information or know someone/somewhere I would be better off asking? :o

SleepyK

Can someone make a guide on how to make CSP's on GIMP or adapt Steelia's CSP making guide? No matter how much I try, I can't seem to get them to work :x
just get photoshop. if you need help procuring a copy of whatever version, PM me.

Is there away to change move color, like falcon punch and not have it be red?

Or change fox/falcos lazer color or the shine?
qual and steelia were working on hex code editing those colors, so yes, it's possible. just not yet.

speaking of versions. when you load the "pal" from the loader-is it just video compatible or is it actually PAL like with all the game changes?
not sure, i would imagine it would mean mainly video compatible. perhaps the different regions have different loading processes also.

Does anyone have this information or know someone/somewhere I would be better off asking? :o
not the best place to ask. check dolphin forums.

smakis

Smash Ace
almost completly sure that loading it as pal is just changing the video, from 60 to 50 hz

to change the game the disc would need to contain all the pal files aswell which i doubt the ntsc iso has.

stuffed in a ton of textures and songs into my disc and it plays with no lag whatsoever =)

SleepyK

leffen, it actually can't make it lag. everything is just replaced. nothing is added. the game actually has LESS data on the disc with the methods we are currently using.

`DNS`

Smash Lord

Now
you need the debug menu [i believe]
the code isn't in the pack dolphin supplies you with

it would be funny to make a mewtwo texture for falcon and make all his moves purple

even though it would look nothing like mewtwo lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It would look like a dude in a m2 suit.

I hella want that texture now lol. combine that with moveswap and m2 is prob a solid mid tier character.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol Foxtwo. ***** looks ********.

idk if this makes much of a diff, but if fox had falcos moveset you think he would be better than fox currently?

Does anyone know why adding text over an image makes it fail to compile or whatever. To add "text" could you take the image into another program and then flatten it and then use it.

Or can you only use the paint brush and color swaps?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Lol Foxtwo. ***** looks ********.

idk if this makes much of a diff, but if fox had falcos moveset you think he would be better than fox currently?

Does anyone know why adding text over an image makes it fail to compile or whatever. To add "text" could you take the image into another program and then flatten it and then use it.

Or can you only use the paint brush and color swaps?
You can add text; just be sure to Flatten Layers (no multiple layers, or the file won't save correctly). That's it. I know I have to do that when I make textures with words, i.e. stage selection "Special Stages: Final Destination" kind of thing.
That's if you're using Photoshop, though. Not sure about other programs.

Top Bottom