• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hey idk where to ask this question so I thought this thread would be appropriate...

how do I play PAL version Melee on my NTSC wii without the screen going splitting weirdly and going black/white? the bottom half of the screen (that shows percents) is up at the top of the screen.

smakis

Smash Ace
hey idk where to ask this question so I thought this thread would be appropriate...

how do I play PAL version Melee on my NTSC wii without the screen going splitting weirdly and going black/white? the bottom half of the screen (that shows percents) is up at the top of the screen.

first off all what do you use to load the disc? second are you sure you have installed and activated the region free feature that whatever you are loading with should have?

If you are loading with gc backup launcher you should load the game by pressing B, it will automatically look up the correct settings for the game you are trying to load

GodFed

Smash Apprentice
Righto. Lot of stuff has changed. Sorry for my absence, again. A few things I want to say real fast.

@GSUB
You wrote a nice, simpler guide for HPS hacking which I like. I'm debating a few things here in terms of changing the first post - a)post a link to this guide, though I'm not sure that it would get the attention it deserves, or b)copy/paste your entire guide into the first post, if you're okay with that. Your guide also showed me some "show/hide" magic that will help so much with organizing the first post :p.

I'm contemplating a consolidated page with links for all non-Stack Smash textures here on SWF. A lot of people have been asking for textures whose links are either gone, or hard to find. It'd be nice to have them all in one place, like what Tichinde925 did for the music hacks. What are your thoughts, people?

I'm going to update the first post. What should I add/subtract/change?

And, I'm officially back in the hacking business for the summer :D.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sweet!
i would like to see if you could make a new hps_insert with the dsp coefficient part automatic.
but other things all sound pretty good so far.

i guess if anyone is interested in the slightest, i made some video guides also.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Awesome, welcome back, GodFed. (:

A consolidation page/topic would be great. Seems texturing has been picking up quite a bit recently (especially since we can now remake ISOs from the ground up thanks to GCRev), and I know once in a while I try to look through hacks to see what people've made. Hey, it may also encourage hacking as well.

...I was going to suggest adding libertyernie's KirbyTool page to the front page, as there've been some nice updates to include various other characters to it... but... seems that the link's down. I'll keep it here if it starts up again.
http://libertyernie.heliohost.org/KirbyTool/

LuCKy

Smash Master
Steelia O:!

is it possible to easily change captain falcons textures to different colors? like the pinstrip to red ?

i really want to use that outfit but i have no other falcon spots open >.>

SleepyK

i'm not working on anything big, just some texture and audio hacks.
you could easily just download a 1.1 or 1.2 iso and apply the hacks to it.

SleepyK

translates as
"i'm not going to learn to do it"
please don't try to flatter me, i hate flattery.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I could do it sleepy, i've hacked brawl, done my own textures and music hacks. although different than melee. just don't want to. maybe when i have the time, i'll make an image of my 1.2 and go from there.

smakis

Smash Ace
nothing hard about it, download sleepy's iso, download a ntsc 1.2 iso, extract both, replace all soundfiles on the ntsc 1.2 with sleepy's iso's soundfiles.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I'm contemplating a consolidated page with links for all non-Stack Smash textures here on SWF. A lot of people have been asking for textures whose links are either gone, or hard to find. It'd be nice to have them all in one place, like what Tichinde925 did for the music hacks. What are your thoughts, people?
I havent updated the Audio topic since February, March doesnt count.

Also, my pack only includes textures that are Team Friendly. Pinstripe falcon isnt in there because he wasnt team friendly. My pack also only includes textures that I was interested in.

When changing Pokemon Stadium (GrPS.usd), you must use the English Lanugage, as opposed to the Japanese Language, in SSBM otherwise nothing will happen.

Only the main stage will be Blue, the top 2 platforms will remain green.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
nothing hard about it, download sleepy's iso, download a ntsc 1.2 iso, extract both, replace all soundfiles on the ntsc 1.2 with sleepy's iso's soundfiles.
Without all the intellectual posting on the first page of this thread. This sums up a **** load of it for me. Though, I did get some look into the "how to" videos that are posted up on youtube. Also, with SleepyK's preset up ISO hack. It does save you a lot of time if you're in just a rush to have a quick copy made to be played.

Now I'm just stuck with having to figure out how I can get some blank DVDs that will actually work with my system. I has no job. (._. )

`DNS`

Smash Lord

r3d d09

Smash Master
if i was already downloading the 1.2, i could just swap it, unless i can specifically download just the nana ai. but i highly doubt they'd show that file, most likely just show the image.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Since HelioHost is down, I added an alternate download for KirbyTool in my sig.
HelioHost site is back up, libertyernie. (:
* http://libertyernie.heliohost.org/KirbyTool/

And just something I noticed on your site... here:

2. See INDEXING.txt. Many characters have indexed textures. (Mario and Pichu do not; neither does the CSS.)
You say Mario and the CSS have no Indexed textures, yet, they do. Mario's eyes are _9 textured, as are the CSS and applied transparency (all of which are 32 lines). The only character that doesn't from KirbyTool is Pichu... All others have some form of Indexing applied: Kirby with eyes; Jiggs with eyes; Link with eyes and some accessories; all Mario eyes; all CSS.
Either that, or you just worded it in a way that I'm not reading it right. :p

D1

Anyone here got the sexy purple and green Falcos that Rice made that SleepyK talked about?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Ok, so I made a Falcon skin using Steelia's texture package (Red-US) and the placements.txt offsets are apparently off. Does anyone have a correct version of his offsets?

Top Bottom