• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
haha well you are most welcome.

BTW i think the links in the first two posts in this thread could be made a lot easier to use. For example, just going with the ones from stack smash, you could say that the visual pictures for the textures can be located at http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/ whereas the actual download links to them can be found at http://stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/SSBM/

That way there is less confusion about where stuff is. Just my opinion at least
why does Labyrinth link you back to stack smash?thats kinda weird

Rykard

Smash Ace
its just like the spinoff site for it. I think it was made so that the melee players could have their own site instead of having to rummage through all the brawl textures to find a melee one. it's still stack smash at heart though i think. I just started with getting my hacked copy of melee though so i'm sure someone that's been here longer could let you know

Steelia

Smash Champion
its just like the spinoff site for it. I think it was made so that the melee players could have their own site instead of having to rummage through all the brawl textures to find a melee one. it's still stack smash at heart though i think. I just started with getting my hacked copy of melee though so i'm sure someone that's been here longer could let you know
Pretty much the reason I made the extension; there was a looooot of heat going back and forth in both the Brawl and Melee side of things (though it chilled when I brought up I would be "splitting" from the team to make the extension), but in the end a Melee side site was for the best. There was just going to be way too much content to post on the main site, and I didn't want to have to cluster it all together anyway.
I originally made Illusory Labyrinth to show off other works, but go figure it would come in handy for something deeper in the future.

So yeah, pardon the confusion with the location of the downloads being different from the main site, but the supply source is far more reliable than, say, Megaupload or something.

Rykard

Smash Ace
i wanted to know if anyone has made a pack with updated textures for stages and characters
do you mean the actual ISO or just the textures and stuff so you can add them by yourself? i have a folder sitting on my computer that has all the DAT files on my version of it but it's far from complete and probably missing a bunch of the textures out there that i haven't found yet. I could see about if i could email it or something though

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
tichinde has posted his pack of all his stuff, fairly updated.
or you can use the iso i have on my emaily thingy

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
do you mean the actual ISO or just the textures and stuff so you can add them by yourself? i have a folder sitting on my computer that has all the DAT files on my version of it but it's far from complete and probably missing a bunch of the textures out there that i haven't found yet. I could see about if i could email it or something though
nah i just wanted textures really really not and iso, ive been organizing songs and textures for a iso.

BattlePenguin

Smash Rookie
Hi, I was messing with texture hacking and am stuck >.> I understand everything up to putting the TPL files into the DAT. I have the hex editor, and I know where to locate the line where I need to insert the code, I just dont know how to go about it. I was wondering if anyone could help

SleepyK

you just copy your stuff
highlight the stuff you want to erase
paste

BattlePenguin

Smash Rookie
What is the best way to see how many lines you are going to replace, just count how much you copy from the TPL file? That might get a little tedious with some of the larger files, and was wondering if there was an easier way? I realize now that when I was editing the TGA files in photoshop, I wasnt saving as 32 bit, could this lead to a problem? Thanks for your help, I'm not very good at this lol

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm just wondering if someone has an iso uploaded somewhere that already has textures. if so, PM me since it's copy write stuff and can't be discussed publicly.

* i'm in the process of reading comments to see if this is already done* so i'm trying to do my part... well kind of :p

I'm downloading stuff from sleepys email, is the stage texture link, include the iso and character textures

EDIT: nvm, i found it and got it working.

Rykard

Smash Ace
I'm beginning to wonder where half of the texture hacks and character selection screen images are coming from on ninfantic's channel. any ideas?

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
well if people are lazy i plan to make a prehacked iso with new songs and up to date textures for characters and satges if someone is interested.i include multiple genres of tunes as well

r3d d09

Smash Master
Hit me up with that nocturnalist, I'd like that.

I had my melee disk, but it got stolen :/

is there any way to transfer stuff from the GC memory card to the wii system, i don't want to have to carry a card with me in order to have access to all the characters for melee.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Hit me up with that nocturnalist, I'd like that.

I had my melee disk, but it got stolen :/

is there any way to transfer stuff from the GC memory card to the wii system, i don't want to have to carry a card with me in order to have access to all the characters for melee.
no but what you can do is unlock everything with AR. and save it thats the easiest way if you have HBC and the Ar Loader

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
btw my ISO wont be down till at least a week and a half.maybe or a little less becuase a friend and are are sorting the through things.so ill post when its finished

shanus

Smash Hero
nocturnalist

does melee use .pac files?

If so, have you seen any called fighter.pac on the ISO?

Steelia

Smash Champion
nocturnalist

does melee use .pac files?

If so, have you seen any called fighter.pac on the ISO?
No.
Melee uses .DAT files; nearly all data for each respective character can be found under them (PlMt.dat; PlMr.dat; etc.).

SleepyK

I'm assuming trying to run Dolphin on labtop is a no-go >_>
it depends on the laptop.

i have a dual core 2.0 ghz 3 gig of ram laptop, which is fine for specs, but my gfx card is *** terrible so it won't run.

action replay card. is there any way that i can someone get a data file for melee on the wii so i don't hvae to carry a memory card.
i'm still not sure what you are asking, so i will answer every question.
1) the wii does not traditionally run gamecube action replay.
2) you can transfer save files to non official gc memory cards
3) you can hack the memory card to make the wii work with action replay with a non official memory card
4) the wii does not communicate with any of the wii functions while it is in gamecube mode. that means NO SD CARD / WIFI / NETWORK ADAPTER / WIIMOTE / INTERNAL MEMORY SUPPORT. THE WII DOES NOT support these features while in GC mode.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
soooooooooooo story time

i tried extracting sleepy's blank iso a little while ago

the mother****er said it was damaged/unrecognizable (idk), so i say '**** it' and try burning it straight to CD

it's about 702 MB i think
the CD only holds 700

.................................................................................................................

SleepyK

1) tai had the same problem extracting it for some reason. idk other people and i can extract it no problem.
2) the .rar is not an iso file.
3) you have to burn the game to a dvd anyway
4) just make your own blank one if this doesn't work dood

the reason it's oly 700 mbish is because the iso has a lot of empty space that the rar can compress.

Top Bottom