• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Hacking - PAL/NTSC hybrid?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
So I was trying to transfer my hacks over to PAL but when I tested the game i noticed marth still fell over to fox's shine, and indeed all the other ntsc elements were still intact.
A bit of research led to the discovery that it was because of a single file that marth still retained his ntsc ****.
If this one file (marth.dat or something haha) was transferred over to the PAL iso then marth retained his ntsc wight and spike, but the rest of the game was PAL.

And so it is possible to create a PAL/NTSC hybrid on a character by character basis. Could balance the game even more with this... or not lol. NTSC falcon with easier moonwalking in PAL? yes plz

Thoughts?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
NTSC falcon with harder gentlemen, nooo :(.

Gotta say though that the thought sounds extremely interesting. I'd be more interested in say changing Ganon back so his fair was better and shiz. What other characters are worth the change?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
mm i'd definitely bring back ganon
mario heavier in ntsc
falco for the dair
link for up semi spike
samus for EXTENNNNDUUUR

help the low tiers a tiny bit... and nothing wrong with falco having a longer spike rite :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
if anything the idea is fox is just closer to the rest of the cast if you use a hybrid, so if anything its just pal fox and ntsc rest

either way wont happen, hacks never become standard/acceptable unless its non game defining hacks (no trip for brawl is a good example, never frowned upon)

Rad

Smash Ace
I thought people disliked the idea because once you remove tripping you're no longer playing brawl? Perhaps that's just naive on my part.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
*Wishes for smash hacks to be standard* Take Brawl+ for example. I think it should be used more for tournaments and stuff. If it was I'd quit Brawl instantly.

Anyways back to melee. I've found out a few key differences between NTSC chars and there PAL counterparts.. I was wondering if there is an actual list somewhere on the boards? XD Maybe someone could tell me them all?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think we should make a definite list of the changes we could make with this to balance the game. Working on this formula?:
Any character who is considered broken, use the worse version.
Any character who is considered bad, use the better version.

Sound good?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
This could bring a similar negative effect to the scene as Brawl+/-/balanced becoming a standard over vBrawl. It would possibly disencourage new players to attend due to their lack of possessing this "new game", and being unable to practice all the little tweaks to characters and/or gameplay that could very well affect the game as a whole.

Of course it wouldn't necessarily scare everyone away. But it's always nice to have as many happy players attending as possible.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
speaking of which does anyone have or know where I can find a list of all the character changes between pal and ntsc?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This could bring a similar negative effect to the scene as Brawl+/-/balanced becoming a standard over vBrawl. It would possibly disencourage new players to attend due to their lack of possessing this "new game", and being unable to practice all the little tweaks to characters and/or gameplay that could very well affect the game as a whole.

Of course it wouldn't necessarily scare everyone away. But it's always nice to have as many happy players attending as possible.
Ah, but vBrawl is still more popular than both BBrawl and Brawl+, presumably the same would happen with this. People who are interested in a more fair Smash and are able to do it would download the Hybrid (minority), while purists and people who aren't able to or down't want to download it stick with their version (majority).

Seems fine with me...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thanks syke, your a real charmer ;)

anyways I stopped being stupid and found it

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
wizard kick needs to be faster and stronger.
wizard punch needs to be faster and stronger.
ganons side b should be replaced with a no lag rest attack.
ganon should have pichus recovery + 6 quick attacks.
ganons invincbility frames extend past the spot dodge animation by 2 seconds.
k balanced.

Top Bottom