• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrabfestBowser

Sexiest Bowser
It's been so long I didn't remember if I even got a kill and was nervous watching that sad display. I could pick up a controller right now and do a better job after not having held a gamecube controller for over 2 years and not having played smash for probably 5.

Luke

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ah snap. Legendary old school Bowser up in this thread. You should totally main take a spin with Bowser in PM, I'm sure you'd love it.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Yeah, actually. Jeff's Bowser is ridiculous in that game. I'm certain you would enjoy it much.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Just so you don't have to read the entire thread, yes. The $85 includes access to all events throughout the weekend and two meals, plus we negotiated extremely steep discounts on the hotel room cost for all with our out-of-state travelers in mind. Once you budget for hotel and entry fees, FC is actually the same price or cheaper than APEX, Evo, or MLG events typically run.

If there was a way to change it, we would, but that's the price that came out once the budget pieces were resolved. It's going to be a top-level event, and you will not regret attending.

KishPrime

BRoomer
As long as you let us know early, then we will give the $5. As some point we may cut off certain field if we think we have enough. But I don't think that will ever happen.

If one person brings 8.5 full setups BY THEMSELVES, I might pay them a bounty bonus. Still, the sign-up is programmed to reject anything more than 10 pieces. If you have more than that, talk to me in PM and we'll work it out.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Do power strips/extension cords also get 5$ off? If so, how many strips/cords are needed to get each 5$ discount?

Is there a way to see how many of what things someone is bringing? On the attendees list, I only saw who are entering what tournament.
:phone:

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Watching the old stuff with Luke reminds me, is the availability of 1.0/1.1 discs going to be a concern for that small minority of players that main Zelda/Bowser?

Metà

Smash Master
I think 1.2 should be the standard. It's too hard to find 1.0 discs these days

that being said, I always bring my 1.0, lol. I like being able to up-smash with Zelda

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Him and Yakal both

Washington might be coming too, but I won't be on that train :<

KishSquared

Smash Master
So even if you are playing one event it's $85....
lameeeeesauce
Incorrect, depending on the event. There is a B-only pass that allows for you to enter at a reduced rate. And really not sure how many times we need to say that you save money by bringing equipment (hence the topic at hand), so there are quite a few options for reducing your rate.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Incorrect, depending on the event. There is a B-only pass that allows for you to enter at a reduced rate. And really not sure how many times we need to say that you save money by bringing equipment (hence the topic at hand), so there are quite a few options for reducing your rate.
Ah, I see now. So if I bring a copy of brawl that is on a HDD do you consider that pirated? The disc drive on my Wii is broken.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
people that complain about paying so much for 85 dollars need to see the bigger picture.

1. two whole meals. you basically eat your fill. no money spent on food the entire tournament. how often does that get included into a tournament fee?
2. 85 dollars covers more than just one tournament. it coves three tournaments. you play to your hearts ****ing content.
3. if entering the motherload of all tournaments wasn't enough, you get to play friendlies with hundreds upon hundreds of people from around the nation for three days straight.

this is worth far more than 85 dollars.

and as mentioned, the price can be easily reduced by bringing equipment.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I guess no one plays 64 Teams?

The reason we even added the C events was purely for Brawl/64 players. As we stated, they have a chance to overlap with Melee if you are one of the better Melee players. We can only fit in what we can fit in.

That said, you won't find a bigger advocate for a PM Doubles Side tournament than KishSquared, so plan on it happening somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom