• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Sure. If you're down, I'm willing to do a $2 best of 5 with every character (or as many as you feel like MMing). I keep getting people saying they will MM me in 64 and then it never happens, so I want to get as many in as I can get lol.
Trust me. I'm doing them, lol. But like I said, only if they get recorded.

I want to do everything I can to improve tremendously from this tournament.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Tim, you may have the ability to predict the future. Literally yesterday they found a new glitch to take OoT runs down to 20 minutes.

LongDong

Smash Rookie
Are you implying I'm hustling him? The only reason I even knew what an mm was is because I read some of the posts before I decided to post. I am flattered that I sounded knowledgeable enough to come off as a hustler instead of a newbie though :). I do have one question though. How exactly do you guys meet to play if you all live in different places?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I'm gonna do you a favor and suggest you post up in the 64 forums here and play a few for-fun matches online first. While you might just be the most amazing 64 player on the planet that no one's ever heard of, the odds are that the tournament community is aware of a few more tricks that you might not know. So, on the contrary, most people are probably of the opinion that anyone that took you up on your offer would be hustling you.

For Melee, we all have to travel to each other, but for 64 there's a fairly strong online community where you can get an idea how good you really are. That said, online is still second-best to live play. There will be a 64 tournament here and you're not likely to find a closer one! If you're offering a $100 money match, though, you just might find someone to drive out to you.

LongDong

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna do you a favor and suggest you post up in the 64 forums here and play a few for-fun matches online first. While you might just be the most amazing 64 player on the planet that no one's ever heard of, the odds are that the tournament community is aware of a few more tricks that you might not know. So, on the contrary, most people are probably of the opinion that anyone that took you up on your offer would be hustling you.

For Melee, we all have to travel to each other, but for 64 there's a fairly strong online community where you can get an idea how good you really are. That said, online is still second-best to live play. There will be a 64 tournament here and you're not likely to find a closer one! If you're offering a $100 money match, though, you just might find someone to drive out to you.
Haha thank you. First helpful post I've gotten. I was wondering where some 64 forums were. I'm assuming by "here" you're referring to South Bend?

LongDong

Smash Rookie
The word "here" is actually a hyperlink and you can click on it to go where "here" actually is.
No I saw that. I was referring to the "here" when he says "There will be a 64 tournament HERE and you're not likely to find a closer one."

LongDong

Smash Rookie
Thanks, as per your previous comment about how good I may or may not be. Compared to my friends I'm a god, but after watching some of the videos there's no way I could take some of those players. I'm just looking to get better. If somebody would be willing to help me set up online I'd be very gracious.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Are you implying I'm hustling him? The only reason I even knew what an mm was is because I read some of the posts before I decided to post. I am flattered that I sounded knowledgeable enough to come off as a hustler instead of a newbie though :). I do have one question though. How exactly do you guys meet to play if you all live in different places?
hahaha, I was just playin' and it seemed like a really relevant time to post that. More power to you man. Although, if you and your friends don't go to tournies much, you should probably just play a bunch of friendlies instead because they're endless and free. (Unless you guys are hella good despite never going to tournies, I guess 64 does have legit online after all).

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
this is a ways away, but it looks sweet. Southwest Michigan will try to make it

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Hell yea. Kish bros, glad to see you guys are still alive and kickin
Almost overlooked! Was happy to see you were still active and heading out for tournaments...hopefully we'll see you out here again!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Thanks, as per your previous comment about how good I may or may not be. Compared to my friends I'm a god, but after watching some of the videos there's no way I could take some of those players. I'm just looking to get better. If somebody would be willing to help me set up online I'd be very gracious.
Hey!

The place to ask about online is the 64 forum "ask a question" thread. Everyone's helpful and stuff. I'm more than willing to MM you for however much or little you want and just to play friendly matches if you come to this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom