• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
that was before dart became, conqueror of SMYM, 0_0....but i think he just has other obligations...tho this was posted at the beggining of the yearish -_-.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
As I head for bed, we're sitting at 152, plus about 4-5 waiting to clear PayPal and 5-10 who contacted me early about possibly needing a day or two to straighten it all out.

Looking like a fun tournament. And based on how setups were looking, we might well have under a 3:1 player-to-TV ratio...which would be incredible.

Everyone excited for 10-11 man pools in the first round?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
10 player pools are gonna be amazing, so much playing time. And I can't even imagine how hyped the final round of pools is going to be.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
idk man, i just based off of what the entrants page said.
just kidding bro lol

Ian if you're committed to someone else I could attempt to find another teammate. I'd rather not though
what a nice guy.

for real though rusty needs a teammate someone team with him, he's solid.

Real happy with the numbers now, I should have never doubted the hype.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
A study of Smashers' laziness:

MELEE-FC10R data
40 registrants on 6/1
45 registrants on 7/4
60 registrants on 7/22
66 registrants on 7/26
72 registrants on 7/28
88 registrants on 7/30
108 registrants on 7/31 @ 5pm
119 registrants on 7/31 @ 11pm
132 registrants on 8/1 @ 5pm
146 registrants on 8/1 @ 11pm

>_>

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Procrastination and Laziness aren't the same thing... Also I'm up on the list now, so everything is good.

I still want to know if it's possible for a spectator to get in on the food.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Looking at the rather unfortunate 64 Singles list, it looks like Battlecow might actually win Smash 64. Someone PLEEEEASE stop this from happening. You know ily Battlecow

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Please, I beat that kid on the laggiest tv in the world.

Why on earth does everyone comment on how smashers always reg on the deadline? There's a deadline for a reason. . . . so we can reg on it. Get your jaw off the floor, you look like a damn fool.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
10 players pool!? Holy!! That sounds fun! If there's enough setups for everybody (50) for like 150 people then omg.. the friendlies, the MMs.. so much play time indeed!!

KishPrime

BRoomer
My guess of the top of my head is 4. As long as it's well-seeded, no one in contention for anything will be eliminated, and everyone else gets 9-10 tournament matches. Should work out right.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
So would there only be two rounds of pools then or something? By my reckoning, pools of 10ish with top four making it out cuts it down to ~55 people, and then pools of five with top three or something gets it down to 32.

Never been to a major tourney before, I don't really know how this all comes together. Will there be amateur brackets for us folk with little/no chance of making it out of pools barring some ridiculous spot of brilliance? Also in doubles do we still only get two bans or do we get three given the larger stagelist? And does "MBR5 shortened stagelist" mean no Stadium?

Or maybe I should just wait until the updated rules/info packet, lol.

Excitement building in my bones.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Some thoughts
If Rusty Shacklefurd cannot find a teammate for Melee, I'm entering Melee teams twice.

Brawl will be amazing, just wait and see.

There will be 3 rounds of pools for Melee. There will not be an official amateur bracket, considering you get 9-10 tournament matches already...but there will be plenty of time for friendlies. Heck, with the number of TVs we have, there should be plenty of setups even during Round 2 pools for Melee and during all of the brackets. You could probably run an "amateur bracket" during Round 2 pools with all the players eliminated from Round 1.

It looks like the TV:player ratio will indeed be sub-3. Which is amazing. People came through big-time on setups, and we'll fill in the holes as much as we can. In the last-minute rush, we actually went up to 73 cubes with Melee...not even counting Wii's. Oh well. I'm sure people will find places to set the ones we can't use up in rooms at night and such, which will make the event as a whole better.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Some thoughts
If Rusty Shacklefurd cannot find a teammate for Melee, I'm entering Melee teams twice.

Brawl will be amazing, just wait and see.

There will be 3 rounds of pools for Melee. There will not be an official amateur bracket, considering you get 9-10 tournament matches already...but there will be plenty of time for friendlies. Heck, with the number of TVs we have, there should be plenty of setups even during Round 2 pools for Melee and during all of the brackets. You could probably run an "amateur bracket" during Round 2 pools with all the players eliminated from Round 1.

It looks like the TV:player ratio will indeed be sub-3. Which is amazing. People came through big-time on setups, and we'll fill in the holes as much as we can. In the last-minute rush, we actually went up to 73 cubes with Melee...not even counting Wii's. Oh well. I'm sure people will find places to set the ones we can't use up in rooms at night and such, which will make the event as a whole better.
You have no idea how much I longed for an event like this, omg....!!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We aren't in danger of a Pound 5 fiasco with such a low turn out are we Kishes?
Certainly not. No such contractual hotel room filling that could possibly cause that, and with the current turnout we've got a pretty decent prize pool as it is. Perhaps lower than e.g. Genesis or APEX, but that's to be expected with the lower turnout + no sponsorship.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
DoH I don't think you have the physical, mental, or genital stamina to even begin to fathom the amount of poo my DK has been slinging these days. If I have some extra money at the tournament I may mm you.

Also ANYBODY that doesn't have a teams partner and wants to team lemme know, I use peach in teams, not DK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom