• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Just a quick reminder that the deal on hotel rates will be expiring soon. Reserve your room before July 23 to lock in the price at $70/night. If you can't reserve the room before then, try to find someone to room with and agree to split the costs. It's kind of scary how close this is getting...

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I told a old friend I'd team with him, if he bails or finds a different teams partner then count on it. But I think he and I are going to end up teaming though. Sorry man :(.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how could you steal jace from me austin
;_____;
you and jace are gonna do work at this tho

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Attention:

Me and PB&J need a ride from Chicago to South Bend, if possible. A ride back as well would be greatly appreciated.

We will help split for gas of course.

Please contact me or PM me or call me at 4074880510 so we can know what times you are planning to drive to and from South Bend so we can arrange our flights.

Thank you!!!!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Actually I wanted to catch up with you :). See how ya waz doin!

Strong bad: im sorry mate I'll let him have you next time!

:phone:

AXE 09

Smash Master
So a few people responded, but I never really got an answer to my question(s):

What is the tournament standard version of Melee for this tourney?

If I request to play on v1.0, may we do so? Or is my opponent allowed to refuse?

:phone:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
To be honest, I'm not really certain what normal policy on this is.

If there's not a standard, then I'd probably just run with the most common version as standard and allow people to choose alternate versions with opponent's consent.

Any precedent for this one?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
To be honest, I'm not really certain what normal policy on this is.

If there's not a standard, then I'd probably just run with the most common version as standard and allow people to choose alternate versions with opponent's consent.

Any precedent for this one?
I dont think any tournaments had that as a rule to begin with. But the other versions definitely hurt a few characters, like Samus.. it's much easier to DI out of her Up-B as this is a standard tool she uses for every match-up, just an example.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
characters with weak multihit moves (zelda, pikachu, samus) and bowser are marginally better in 1.0. Bowser has flame canceling and hitboxes that deal [i think] 1% damage cannot be SDI'd (zelda usmash/fsmash, pikachu fair [i assume], samus' upb).

1.0 discs are very rare these days. I had one but it got taken from me at POE3. 1.2 is the most common version. While there is no formal rule, I think its always been unspoken that 1.2 is the "standard".

My opinion would be that if either player declines playing on a 1.0 disc the match should be played on a 1.2 disc. I don't think 1.0 discs should be banned, however, and in fact I think having 1 or 2 at the tourney makes things a little more interesting :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom