• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Have you guys ever thought of, just for fun, using what cross country runners use for scoring to conclude who is the best overall team.

Take top 5 of each team and add up each of their placings, whichever team has the lowest sum is the best overall team, except in this case team=state

:phone:

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
That's not as effective for this since it isn't evenly distributed. For XC, each place has a different/unique "score". With double elim and pool brackets, there are more ties the higher you look in the bracket. It essentially skews scores very heavily in favor of the top-most placers, rather than looking at the general overall performance. It would also be possible to "stuff" the scores with an abundance of people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just do top X placings of a state in attendance. If 10 from Texas show up, 5 from California show up, and 3 from New York show up, you could use the top 5 from Texas, top 5 from California, and New York doesn't get counted because they don't have 5 players.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I found it!

1. Overswarm (R.O.B.)
2. KishSquared (Bowser)
3. Joshu (King Dedede)
4. Tink (Wario)
5. Kel (MetaKnight)
5. Iggy (MetaKnight)
7. Blood Hawk (Lucario)
7. KirkQ (R.O.B.)
9. Scarecrow (MetaKnight)
9. Dr. X (Pit)
9. KishPrime (Wolf)
9. Quivo (Toon Link)
13. RDK (Kirby)
13. Smash64 (Ness)
13. Infern (Ike)
13. Reside (Donkey Kong)
17. Paradigm (Samus)
17. Izmo (MetaKnight)
17. Nano (Pit)
17. KyAG (Wolf)
17. Steak
17. Jay (R.O.B.)

Doubles:

1. Overswarm + Joshu (R.O.B. and King Dedede)
2. Iggy + Blood Hawk (MetaKnight + Snake)
3. Smash 64 + Infern (Ness + Ike)
4. Tink + KirkQ (Wario + ROB)
5. KishPrime + KishSquared (Wolf + Bowser)
5. Dr. X + Quivo (Pit + Toon Link)
7. Scarecrow + Izmo (MetaKnight + MetaKnight)
7. Jay + KyAG (R.O.B. + Wolf)
9. Trevor + The Blue Blade (R.O.B. + Lucario)
9. Paradigm + Reside (Samus + Donkey Kong)
The first and last time there was a ROB vs. Bowser finals. Also, Joshu eliminated Kel on corneria by using Dedede's jab because Kel didn't know how to SDI out of it yet.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
BigGman is going? Woohoo... I won't be the eldest at a tourney for the first time in yeeeeears.

Also I'm still salty about my Ken/Azen/Sastopher/MikeG/Eddie/Arash pool at FC3. Worst death pool in history of smash? Some kind of grudge match is required.
I had at a VLS

Myself/Cort/Azen/Cactuar/Mathos/Hitman/N64/Skler in one pool

I feel you :(.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Oh no. It has been revealed that I went to a Brawl tournament.

:(

Oh wellz. I thought i played Ike in bracket too but could be wrong.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It's just me and monk. It's going to be a long 8 hours there, but I think it will definitely be worth it. I assume setups and stuff will be marked to know which setups belong to people. I'm bringing 4-5 tvs, 4 gamecubes, and 1 wii (for project m). However, I only have 2 melee discs.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Sweet. And yes, there will be a check-in system so extensive that you will wish you were dead by the end of it.

There is still time to find people to add to the vehicle as well, but I love the 5 TVs, too.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We have a VCR TV that needs to have headphone speakers plugged into it to have sound. If we have enough room left in our car, do you guys want us to bring it? Or do you think there will be enough TVs?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If we will be throwing out counts, my car will have 4 people and most likely one TV, one melee setup and one Project:M setup.

MasterC

Smash Ace
is there anyway you guys could organize it such that I could watch all the finals on stream?

ya know, like instead of most tourneys ending around the same time...? that'd be cool...

KishPrime

BRoomer
I don't think this will be a problem.

Counts will be a part of registration, so no need to throw them out unless you are trying to inspire the masses with your good works!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
dunno how many ppl im taking yet but ill very likely be bringing 3-5 TVs and a setup of each of N64, Melee and Project: M

KishSquared

Smash Master
Counts will be a part of registration, so no need to throw them out unless you are trying to inspire the masses with your good works!
I am bringing 84 TVs, 96 Wiis, and 137 copies of Melee. I am also bringing a beach volleyball court and hockey arena for those who want to play. Finally, I will not have room in my car for a laptop, so would someone please bring one so we can make Smashboards posts during the tournament? Much obliged.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm working on the metrics but I think I can bring a hot tub to this. Charging $1 for a 5 minute sit. I think we'll have the venue paid for.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I am bringing 84 TVs, 96 Wiis, and 137 copies of Melee. I am also bringing a beach volleyball court and hockey arena for those who want to play. Finally, I will not have room in my car for a laptop, so would someone please bring one so we can make Smashboards posts during the tournament? Much obliged.
I'll bring the laptop.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm working on the metrics but I think I can bring a hot tub to this. Charging $1 for a 5 minute sit. I think we'll have the venue paid for.
Also known as "nerd stew".

Tempted to actually practice Melee for this...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will be bringing complimentary deodorant and I will give people $3 to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom