• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee-FC D Results, Over $10000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
You have no idea how badly I got Rugburned, my feet are still recovering.
My knee has a huge rugburn on it and everytime I bend my knee i reopen the wound which hurts like hell.

I also have massive amounts of bruises all over my body and was sore for 3 days.

Dodgeball is awesome. :laugh:

D. Disciple

Smash Master
My knee has a huge rugburn on it and everytime I bend my knee i reopen the wound which hurts like hell.

I also have massive amounts of bruises all over my body and was sore for 3 days.

Dodgeball is awesome. :laugh:
Welts on my elbows, bruises on my knees. The wounds on my feet keep opening and hurt like hell especially when I flex them. Yeah I love to get injured. It was a good day that day.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
FC was fun it would have been mad boring if not for Papa D4V3. dave is too good.

bigy and crew - u guys r too good cant wait to see u at teh smashfests.

kishes - good **** on the tourny

chillin and chu - too good hangin with u guys mopar wobbling FTW.

AZ and amy - too good hangin wit u guys as always. fuxing with fuxing too good.

dopey - u need to come to more tournies dammit.

viperboy, ike, lemon - too good chillin wit u guys as always even though we see each other all the **** time.

jobrown - keep playing u were pretty good learn to master the claw and u will be as good as me maybe.

plank - ur too cool

tope - heh what a fun night that 2nd night was right. even tho u lost like 20 bux to kirkq

I apologize to every1 i said i would play and didnt that was a real **** move. next tourny u see me at pull me aside and play me.

I <3 EC they are too cool for school mangz.

BIG C- You're the man.

Tink - Also the man, but not clearly as much of a man as big C

I'M ****ING AMAZING AT THIS GAME...

KIRKQ - Who the **** are you? I'll get you next time... when I'm sober.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Tope, I can't believe you forgot about me xD. If you don't remember me, we were playing all through the night thursday night I think, and Viperboy and lemon then Souroush and DaBear joined in and I only used Fox that whole time lol. Even if you don't remember, it was fun playin with ya.

N64

Smash Champion
yay belated shoutouts.

kishes, staff, etc: It was a hell of a tourney. Thanks for puting forth the millions of hours of work before, during, and after the tourney to make it the rousing success that it was. Also, good matches in pools Squared.

-chad-: pikaaaaaa

tope: sheeeeik. screw winning, main pikachu again imo.

d. disciple: good friendlies, we played right?, looks like your pika is coming along nicely. I saw you have some cool combos on Iggy's peach, good stuff.

g@be: also good friendlies. I'll think about picking up captain.

raptorhawk: I don't think I saw you all tourney. What a ninja. Hopefully you were rockin some faces with the chu.

zig, anther, other pika mains: way to not make it : /

rob gambino: glad i got to play you. pika vs. yoshi is such a dynamic fight, and advantages can change so quickly. Good stuff in crews too, sorry I kinda sucked it up that day : /

kwan, zozefup, verticalhop, and other crewmate whose name escapes me (slim? something): super fun gogo happy crew matches. glad i crewed with you guys.

gimpyFish: good friendlies, wish i got to play you a little longer though.

james sparrow: fun friendlies, most of them were really close.

lunaris: i don't get much practice vs. other low tier characters, so it was fun. We should have gotten some friendlies in the night before the tourney, but oh well. sleeping was probably better for us anyhow.

everyone else i did some friendlies with: goooood stuff

forward: I think the 4 alone got me to third pools. Because i'm terrible. Good **** owning me in first round pools.

big d: odds of being a captain main and having to play me in first pools and chad in second: slim. I hope you're more comfortable with the matchup now, it's a super fun one.
i.e. f&*#king knee

silent wolf: lol i got owned.

everyone else i played in pools: ggs

ka-master: jeeeez. your matches vs. dark were intense. way to be freakin amazing at luigi.

washington in general: way to step it up.

kip, cort, pc, milktea, etc.: good to see you guys as usual. many friendlies are demanded once i get back to school.

I probably missed a ton of people. whatever. ggs, super fun tourney, smash with you all again sometime hopefully.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Anyone who thinks they walked away with a free AR in a 2 disc gamecube case with no insert, that was mine. I did stupidly leave it unattended and forget, but KishPrime called on the PA four times for it (one of which I didn't even have to ask for) over the last two days of the event. I hear there was an AR going in the friendlies room, can anyone corroborate?

FC is undoubtedly my favorite tourney series. Congratulations to the Ship and volunteers for doing such a good job running this thing. I'd have to say the crowd rushing the bleachers for The Last Tier War was one of my favorite moments, as well, though to quote Lewis Black:

"You people are way too excited, and that puts a lot of pressure on me."

Luckily, it went over quite well, despite some slight sound problems. My hands were literally tingling all over by the time it was done. I sucked in the tourneys, and even when I played well, I got owned by better people. C'est la vie.

Competitor's fee: $75
Gas money: $100 split five ways
Seeing an electric toothbrush spinning on the floor: priceless.

Ironically, I use Visa. lol

D. Disciple

Smash Master
d. disciple: good friendlies, we played right?, looks like your pika is coming along nicely. I saw you have some cool combos on Iggy's peach, good stuff.
Thanks for the comment against Iggy, I don't know what happen there. My plan was to outcamp him the entire time with either Fox or Pika, Pika worked better than Fox. Also yes, yes we did play friendlies, then I had you play against James Sparrow too. He thinks your Pika is better than Zig-zags.

Playing friendlies with your Pika was fun, especially on Corneria, now I have more fun quick attack mindgames to incorporate in my game style. Hopefully expect a vid of Pika doing quick attack on different stages for edgeguarding and what not.

Quaz

Smash Master
your pika gave me trouble in teams Disciple =( I was sad I did so horrible with marth101 in that battle, next time I play you (if there is a next time..) I'll do better!

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Wow this sounded like a great tourney but, I could not make it lol. suprisingly I did not see koreanDJ lol
There is no better tourney. Also, following up on your comment;

Does anyone know where KDJ is? He hasnt been to any tourneys lately, he just went AWOL anyone know anything about him and why he's missing?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
There is no better tourney. Also, following up on your comment;

Does anyone know where KDJ is? He hasnt been to any tourneys lately, he just went AWOL anyone know anything about him and why he's missing?
KDJ is alive and well and ****** us all in local tourneys. I'm not sure why he didn't go to Pound/FC/OC... other priorities I guess. Hopefully we will see him beast up at some more big ones before Brawl.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They have the article, but the problem is everyone is here at MLG Dallas right now (including me), so Halo has priority. If I had to guess, in the middle or end of the coming week. So, for the sake of it, here is a lil teaser Cort:

MLG Doubles Article said:
Sensing that much of each loss was due to his early deaths, Chillin decided to switch characters, going with Sheik instead of Fox. Things looked promising early as ChuDat and Chillin jumped to a small percentage lead, this followed by a hectic battle, evened things out with each person at 3 stock and 0%. Chillin’s play seemed much improved over the previous matches as his team eventually came out with a small 2 stock lead. Things quickly went south though and they would find themselves down, each one their final stock while PC Chris and Cort still had 3 between them. Unable to win their final 1v1 battles, Chillin and ChuDat dropped the 6th and final game.

The shutout would be the worse loss for Chillin and ChuDat since they began teaming together. Meanwhile PC Chris and Cort’s victory would be a first and would also carry with it much significance. Cort, as a rising Peach player, was easily the standout player during teams. While PC Chris managed to rack up most of the kills (usually 5-6 to Cort’s 2-3), Cort easily put out more damage, thus allowing each players character to compliment the others. Aside from this, by avoiding early deaths similar to Chillin’s, Cort was able to help his teammate out for the entirety of the match. If PC Chris were left to fight ChuDat alone during any of the games, the result could have been entirely different.
This was the version I sent to them. If you read it, well...its obvious it needs proof reading and editing. Unfortunately for the doubles article I had to write it in a hurry because I left for Dallas on Thursday, so it had a few more errors than normal in terms of grammar and words that I just left out because my fingers couldn't keep up with my thinking. So yes, I know there are problems in these two paragraphs, but they will (probably) be corrected when the article is actually released.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
yeah yeah yeah but what about me and green? Its all about us in the end.

i mean... peach fox? old news overdone.

peach mario??? the gripping story of two life long lovers teaming together to overcome the same evil which not only threatens their life... but their love!

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol That's a pretty sexy article for you Cort. Maybe that "n00b question" I asked you would have been more appropriate if asked a few months later.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok a dumb reason to be happy. "Hey everyone I was a d!ck and ruined something that was funny to a lot of people and no one cared!! YEA!"

Nah ODIN I couldn't go to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom