• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee-FC D Results, Over $10000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
Call me stupid, but I don't understand the point of listing what state everyone is from in the top 32 results and then the 1-4 list after them?

It's not labeled anyway <_<

malva00

Smash Master
just so everyone knows..Isai failed out his 3rd pool on purpose.
I was watching him play friend Juju's Marth..and i could tell something was udderly wrong.
They were going about EVEN...i knew isai was sandbagging like hell...and he proved my hypothesis by accepting my challenge their 3rd match.
"Isai...........PICK KIRBY!"
..and he did, and lost significantly.

His next oponent...he could have beat as well but i yelled, "Isai.....PICK YOSHI!"
and he did.
I mean...he deffinately lost...but he was having alot of fun.
I think he just didn't care anymore about winning. Afterall, he did already make 300 bucks at the SSB64 tournament...and the competition in this tournament was the toughest its ever been...it would have been a most difficult battle for him to even make it in the top 10.

So yea..i figure, he just felt "the hell w/ it...lets have fun this 3rd pool"
His good spirit even helped my boy Juju have some fun, since he knew he wasn't going to make it out his 3rd pool. He ended up dropping his marth for Roy and Pichu in his next matches versus Luigi-Ka-Master...and losing miserably..but at the least..having a real good time.
u don't know what ur talking about

Cort

Apple Head
I still don't understand

4 - Virgina, Ohio, Florida
3 - Washington, Indiana
2 - Arizona, Michigan, Canada
1 - New Jersey, New York, Missouri, Connecticut, Tennessee, Alaska, Kentucky, Illinois

I'm usually pretty good at reading weird tables/lists >_>

edit// Nevermind. What a horrible way to organize the top 32. It doesn't mean anything.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
4 - Virgina, Ohio, Florida (Chu Dat, Chillindude, Plairnkk, Doll - virginia) (drephen, vidjo, 4%, mathos) etc
3 - Washington, Indiana (Washington - Luigi KM, Eggz, Silent) etc
2 - Arizona, Michigan, Canada (az - Taj/forward)

1 - New Jersey (m2k), New York(pc), Missouri, Connecticut, Tennessee, Alaska, Kentucky, Illinois

etc.

edit: nevermind.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Dodgeball - Rugburn FTW? Haha I missed out on dodgeball at my first FC (fc3), but I wasn't gonna let that happen this time. This game is friggin deep, we were doing all sorts of crazy throws, hand offs and passes, sheilds, hiding, LOL. ****, dodge ball tournament next FC? Let's do it!
You have no idea how badly I got Rugburned, my feet are still recovering.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Drephen is the one who did that just to show that Ohio had solid representation. I'm not sure why Iggy put it in the first post :/

Plairnkk, your shoes were in the pile, but we didn't notice it until the day after the tournament when I went dumpster diving to try and find Chu's MLG bag. We pulled out a couple shoes that said "Plank" on them, and I figured you wouldn't want them anymore, so I left them there :(

FC seriously has about 20 articles of clothes left every year. We used to keep everything, but no one ever asked for any of it back, so we just started throwing it all away. Not sure what else to do. Obviously, anything that looks valuable is kept since its owner usually ends up calling for it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
wow. i specifically asked if ANY shoes were found to contact me. Not to mention I literally had my name written on my shoes because multiple smashers have the same shoes as me.

Honestly, it just really makes me mad that you guys would throw it away without asking or posting on here, especially when i requested to be contacted personally at the finding of any shoes.

it's not usually a big deal, but i was robbed right before FC and am ALREADY low on money, and now i have to spend at least like $50 on a decent new pair of shoes. Not to mention i had them for five years so they had slight sentimental value.

GRRR

ive never been so mad about losing shoes

edit: and as far as assuming i didn't want them, i do have a washer and dryer at my house.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Drephen is the one who did that just to show that Ohio had solid representation. I'm not sure why Iggy put it in the first post :/

Plairnkk, your shoes were in the pile, but we didn't notice it until the day after the tournament when I went dumpster diving to try and find Chu's MLG bag. We pulled out a couple shoes that said "Plank" on them, and I figured you wouldn't want them anymore, so I left them there :(

FC seriously has about 20 articles of clothes left every year. We used to keep everything, but no one ever asked for any of it back, so we just started throwing it all away. Not sure what else to do. Obviously, anything that looks valuable is kept since its owner usually ends up calling for it.
I just liked the list <.<

-Chad-

Slackerator
wow. i specifically asked if ANY shoes were found to contact me. Not to mention I literally had my name written on my shoes because multiple smashers have the same shoes as me.

Honestly, it just really makes me mad that you guys would throw it away without asking or posting on here, especially when i requested to be contacted personally at the finding of any shoes.

it's not usually a big deal, but i was robbed right before FC and am ALREADY low on money, and now i have to spend at least like $50 on a decent new pair of shoes. Not to mention i had them for five years so they had slight sentimental value.

GRRR

ive never been so mad about losing shoes

edit: and as far as assuming i didn't want them, i do have a washer and dryer at my house.
Uh...how is this their fault for you forgetting them there?

ganon543

Smash Cadet
Linguini's too good, his ganon is awesome. He got 5th seed in his last pool so that means he got 33rd..

theLEMON

Smash Cadet
first of all thanks to the kishes for holding the top tier of smash fests and having delicious dinner and (somewhat) comforatble places for us to sleep. thanks to you and all your disciples for keepin us well fed.

and for the shoutouts.

chillin and chu - i shall cherish the dollar i made from both of you forever... 2 good at torpedo ball.

Isai - we need some real matches bro... it felt nice to beat ya... but i know i most certainly should not and want to get beat when i deserve it

Pyrogamer - good **** in the first round pools, that mario is 2 good... especially on mute city. im just 2 good on falcos

dark iori mewtwo guy - that mewtwo is hellacious.

viper******* - what a fro

trail - what is this down b to down smash ****? oh yeah... and nice laugh on ya.

umbreonMow - fun teams matches with you and dopey... me and viper decided that you kinda look like wooly willy. rofls

to anyone i forgot... gg's all. look forward to another good fc next year.

Raftbuilder

Smash Cadet
Uh...how is this their fault for you forgetting them there?
i'm not so stupid that i would forget my shoes. Somebody must have mistaken them for theirs, or something, and moved them. When i went to leave I couldn't find them anywhere, so that's when i asked kishes to let me know if they found any shoes anywhere.

im really not mad at anyone, just a little disappointed at the sequence of events.

Vegard

Smash Lord
lol having one pair of shoes for five years, and you only used them? Lol, sounds like you really needed to buy new shoes anyway. -__-

Raftbuilder

Smash Cadet
lol having one pair of shoes for five years, and you only used them? Lol, sounds like you really needed to buy new shoes anyway. -__-
i bought new shoes like a year ago, but they fell in a river.

long story, lol

BUT THEY WERE HOLDING UP SO WELL FOR 5 YEARS!!

edit: yep doodah, thats exactly why. lol

kiwiii

Smash Lord
gonna do shoutouts after i get home from oc3
but this was a hella good tournament
thanks for all the matches to everyone i played =]
good **** to m2k, pc, chu, etc
and also to team arlington *pound*

but yea
shoutouts later !
:D

(LOL@fc montage, btw hahaha)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Woo DS found. Thanks!

So I guess that accounts for all thievery. Now everything was just lost. :(

BIG C

Smash Master
FC was fun it would have been mad boring if not for Papa D4V3. dave is too good.

bigy and crew - u guys r too good cant wait to see u at teh smashfests.

kishes - good **** on the tourny

chillin and chu - too good hangin with u guys mopar wobbling FTW.

AZ and amy - too good hangin wit u guys as always. fuxing with fuxing too good.

dopey - u need to come to more tournies dammit.

viperboy, ike, lemon - too good chillin wit u guys as always even though we see each other all the **** time.

jobrown - keep playing u were pretty good learn to master the claw and u will be as good as me maybe.

plank - ur too cool

tope - heh what a fun night that 2nd night was right. even tho u lost like 20 bux to kirkq

I apologize to every1 i said i would play and didnt that was a real **** move. next tourny u see me at pull me aside and play me.

I <3 EC they are too cool for school mangz.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Plank, I apologize for making you angry. Please know that I did not know they were your shoes when I threw them away and I never knew you had asked to be alerted if we found them.

Once again, we found WAY more than your shoes, and lots of it was nasty stuff like socks and underwear. We can't keep all of that stuff laying around for people to claim them. Still, once again, I apologize for throwing them away without asking.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
my family once tried donating our sofa to the salvation army.
they drove a truck to our house....came to pick up our sofa..and saw a tear in the corner and said they COULD NOT TAKE IT BECAUSE OF THE TEAR.

W...........T...........F???
that is just ****ing SAD. Our Furniture got turned down by the Salvation Army! WOW....
I mean..did they expect us to give them a shiny-new, leather seated sofa w/ reclining seats?!!? wtf, honestly.

vZakat

Half Genie
You could wash them. >_>

I'm one of the people that lost socks (though mine were clean). I'm glad that's all I lost.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
my family once tried donating our sofa to the salvation army.
they drove a truck to our house....came to pick up our sofa..and saw a tear in the corner and said they COULD NOT TAKE IT BECAUSE OF THE TEAR.

W...........T...........F???
that is just ****ing SAD. Our Furniture got turned down by the Salvation Army! WOW....
I mean..did they expect us to give them a shiny-new, leather seated sofa w/ reclining seats?!!? wtf, honestly.

they cant do that actully...

i gave damaged stuff to them all the time when my parents did and they didnt care =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Give dirty underwear and socks to the Salvation Army?
My Uncle used to work in construction and was often sent to tar and blacktop roads. His clothes would be near ruined, so instead of having an entire weeks worth of "work clothes" with stains on them or spending $100 to clean his clothes, he would just "donate" them to various thrift stores or the Salvation army.

They'd clean them, he'd buy them back for anwyhere from a nickel to a buck fifty.

Cyphus, as for the tear, either Salvation army is crazy, or the tear was in a place that exposed the framework/springs/made stuffing fall out. They aren't allowed to take things that could be considered dangerous, so if the tear was in the back and it exposed the framework or metal pokey bits, that may have been why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom