• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee-FC D Results, Over $10000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Jek - we have a smaller black TV that was left. It had AV connections on the front, but not stereo (only yellow and white). It's at the church, and I could probably get it on Sunday for you if it's yours.
Sorry for taking so long, but that sounds like my tv. I'm not sure what your schedule is like, but PM me whenever you would like me to pick it up and I could probably do it.

Thanks for keeping it safe. :p

KishSquared

Smash Master
No problem! Wait, was that sarcasm? I don't know a safer place to keep something than a church!

Haha, my sister left her purse and cell phone sitting out in that main hallway after FC on Saturday night. I went back on Monday and they were both still there. Gotta love that!

It looks like we're about set to begin processing checks. Just a reminder that if you didn't fill out a prize release form that you will need to do so in order to get your monies. Everyone else should be good to go, and the money should arrive within a few weeks!

chillindude829

Smash Master
oh yeah this is months late but boo @ 2-stock advantage to penguin patrol in crew finals. extremely unfair. also it was supposed to be a RR top 8 for singles and was changed to a bracket without anyone informing the players as far as i know. when i played my winners bracket matches, it was under the assumption that being put in loser's wasn't necessarily a bad thing since the last 4 left in winners and the last 4 left in loser's were supposed to be put into an RR.

obviously just things to improve on for next year.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I :('d when I saw the 2-stock advantage. When you're at as high a level as those two crews, the 2 stock can change the whole tide...

KishSquared

Smash Master
The 2-stock advantage was a take on MLG's method of keeping records of teams who had previously played each other. We'll reconsider it for next year. I don' t think it's such a bad thing, though, because the nature of crews is a stock-by-stock battle. Penguin Patrol had won by 2 stock earlier, so you could think of it as H4YL needing to knock out those two stock before breaking into the rest of their stocks. It was a 2-stock lead that they had earned.

Yeah, the format change from RR to double-elim was for time purposes. Sorry if word of the change didn't get propagated, but I'm pretty sure we announced it. I know announcements aren't always easy to hear, though. Our goal for next year will be to determine the time constraint in advance, so when you're going into the bracket you'll know what's up.

Thanks for the late late late comments :p We'll try to improve for next year.

chillindude829

Smash Master
at least if they were going to be given a 2-stock advantage, it could be changed from 15 stock per crew to 20 stock to balance it slightly more. my personal preference though is that it's treated as a regular bracket. if the stock had been made even and we beat them in finals (which we would've if it was 15 to 15 btw), then we'd do another match to determine the winner. that's the fairest way to do it, in my opinion.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Shrug. Keeping the stock was the plan from the start, and we'll revisit it next year. Still don't see anything inherently wrong with it though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Shrug. Keeping the stock was the plan from the start, and we'll revisit it next year. Still don't see anything inherently wrong with it though.
Brawl at FC would be the first real competitive Brawl tourney in my mind. They'll have enough practice by that time and everything and this time, IM COMING!!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
*removes body from the morgue and temporarily places it on life support...for the hundredth time*

no but really, vids would be nice I guess

vvv Really? And nobody told us?

Sliq

Smash Master
ya wtf smash tourneys can be dumb sometimes cuz whoever goes through losers bracket gets a lot more warmed up than the person who's in winners who has to wait

but seriously, mlgpro.com should step it up
Mew2King, I'm going to poop in your butt.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dear MLG,

I think it'd be awesome if we got those vids.

Signed,
OS

-----

Dear Mew2King,

Please quote Sliq's post and respond "IT THAT A CHALLEEEEEEEEEEEENGE?!?!?!?!?"

Signed,
OS

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Remember when I tackled you cause you touched that toothbrush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom