• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Top players should start donating tournament earnings as a sort of investment, that way they can come to Evo and make more moolah.

0sh

Smash Cadet
I've been following the discussion on various boards and it seems like the main reason people weren't donating to SG to begin with was that MLP was almost certainly going to win. So the latest spike is probably just an initial injection of cash from most people - I'd only start getting worried if they're still donating at this rate after a few days or so.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
If Skullgirls makes it as the 8th game, that makes three games I have to practice. :c

Hoping Melee gets back in this.

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
It kinda hurts to see people not stepping up for DOA5 after someone dropped $600 for it! Maybe they might 'snipe' the leader in the end! Also, like someone mentioned earlier, people are still getting home from Apex and still need some time before they can dish out some dough!
Well besides fanboys and such. A lot of the top players for DOA say DOA 5 isn't a good game. It's really busted my friend.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've got around 400 subs on my channel so I'm gonna try to put up a video to encourage people to donate. I've got some never before seen Genesis footage that might draw in a good number of views. :D

Super

Smash Apprentice
Would be good idea to get the major youtube channels like meleeatlnorth,meleepacwest, waffles, etc. involved

BizKit047 may be a Brawl player, but he's got a lot of subs

I know there's other Brawlers with good subcounts out there. The other side of the community might help us too

Others I can think up and find so far...
http://www.youtube.com/Izaw91
http://www.youtube.com/Rurounikeitaro
http://www.youtube.com/GimpStyleMadness
http://www.youtube.com/SmashTournoi
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBBgermany
http://www.youtube.com/fpsFALSE

Both
http://www.youtube.com/CLASHTournaments

Melee
http://www.youtube.com/Reneblade

Osennecho

Smash Ace

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i have 130+ subs on my channel (mostly TOHO PROJECT music arranges), but im sure theres quite a few that follow the melee scene - any chance that someone could make tthe video and upload it for me (since i dont have vegas on my current laptop, and i hav e the worst internet upload speed ever)?

i have 130+ subs on my channel (mostly TOHO PROJECT music arranges), but im sure theres quite a few that follow the melee scene - any chance that someone could make tthe video and upload it for me (since i dont have vegas on my current laptop, and i hav e the worst internet upload speed ever)?
What do you think about my video? I could upload it to your channel for you if you're comfortable with me using your account

I realize I should edit the current values to what they are now...

This can be either good or bad news because MLP FiM looks like it can't win anymore. Neither will Melee if we don't step up our game. For now, everything is on our shoulders

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Haven't played Melee in years but as a Young Link player, seeing Armada win got me to chip in $5. Hope I can watch some great Melee sets at Evo!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can someone make a general PSA video for people to upload? I have 2000+ subscribers to my YouTube channel but I won't have time this week to make a video myself.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
$500 lead for SG... DAFUQ... Those people have to much money.
Uhm no we're losing by $800, don't worry people still needs to recover from APEX, I'm sure we'll get more money to Melee soon.
EDIT: Also if anyone would be willing to help me use my debit card for this, that'll be awesome.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I was looking at SRK and apparently the lame *** bronies are supporting SG now for some strange reason. So thats two fronts to fight off. Its dumb because no one is going to show up to a ****ing SG tournament. I know, I haven't been into the melee scene for the past few years since I've been playing marvel but SG NEVER has a good turnout. The most I've seen in the last six months was like 7 people at a regional. It would be a travesty to let them win this knowing the amount of bodies and hype we can bring to Evo.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If paypal is peoples only option I'm willing to donate for them if they sent me the money VIA paypal, you may want to update this in the OP so people know I'm willing to do this.

PM me and we can sort it

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Sorry if any of this has been said; don't have time to read.

Some1 get a hold of Neo and tell that n1gg4 to rep his roots and push Melee over the top!

But seriously, get your rich friends to donate. If the don't play, bring the game over to their house, get them hooked, then tell them to donate.

Also, I surely hope the top players are talking about this among themselves, potentially coordinating some type of donation effort. I know that Smash doesn't bring in a lot of cash, but for gosh sakes, there's not way SG's players have made more than us in pots so far within the same time period. Put it this way: If .1% of the registered members on SWF voted for Melee (of which I'm sure there's plenty more than that on here for it) we would raise $11,553.60.

And to pros: this would be a great way for you to give back to all the players who give to you on a regular basis (the 99%+ of players who enter tournies but never win anything) and to take your skills to the grandest of stages. It would be truly awesome and an amazing testament to our community if we could make this happen.

I agree that we don't need the other FGC's approval to be satisfied with ourselves, but I think it would be great to make an impression none the less. I must have seen over 100 Marvel/SF players AT LEAST on the stream this past weekend after watching Apex GF's say how entertaining it was or at least how much they enjoyed it, never having watched a serious Smash match before. This would be such a good chance to show our game to many who wouldn't get the chance otherwise.

That's what I care about. I don't care if we get any1's approval. We don't need it. We've proven ourselves capable time and time again. But hot diggity damn would it be a good time had for all...

I donated. You do the same.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I was looking at SRK and apparently the lame *** bronies are supporting SG now for some strange reason. So thats two fronts to fight off. Its dumb because no one is going to show up to a ****ing SG tournament. I know, I haven't been into the melee scene for the past few years since I've been playing marvel but SG NEVER has a good turnout. The most I've seen in the last six months was like 7 people at a regional. It would be a travesty to let them win this knowing the amount of bodies and hype we can bring to Evo.
DUDE THE BRONIES NEED F*** OFF, FREAKING SMASH TROLLS/HATERS!!!! Also which part of the forum you found this under?

Chaos_Blasta

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's trolling, but probably just that the MLP guys would rather root for Skullgirls since FiM won't get them what they want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom