• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
But but but but.... Bronies YYYYYY!!!!!.... I know several MLP fans/bronies, don't even ask me how way to long, but all of them like smash except one, and he still plays it from time to time. Why are you betraying us to support what should not be. I R disappoint.

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
Well you could try to appeal some brony support for smash in some MLP related web. We can try to play the same game, after all I bet there are nintendo fans among them.

PS: I hope what I just said makes sense, english is not my native language

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well you could try to appeal some brony support for smash in some MLP related web. We can try to play the same game, after all I bet there are nintendo fans among them.

PS: I hope what I just said makes sense, english is not my native language
Why is it always the ones with near-perfect english that apologize in case they aren't understandable. No worries man, your english is very good.
And yeah, that's a good idea. Anyone wanna see if they can get us some brony support? If you can't beat 'em join 'em recruit 'em.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Why is it always the ones with near-perfect english that apologize in case they aren't understandable. No worries man, your english is very good.
And yeah, that's a good idea. Anyone wanna see if they can get us some brony support? If you can't beat 'em join 'em recruit 'em.
Yea I never understand this too. Haha

I guess it's because foreigners take English more seriously than we do since it's not their first language.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Did you make that account just to keep us updated?
That's fantastic, thanks for keeping us informed :)
Also, SG doesn't deserve to be 600$ ahead of us :(
Someone with a deep wallet and a love of smash should fix that for us

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Yea I never understand this too. Haha

I guess it's because foreigners take English more seriously than we do since it's not their first language.
Imagine trying to communicate on a French website having been taught mostly formal and polite French without the colloquialisms. It's the same principle; you're never 100% sure if what you said is the correct translation from your native tongue so it's better to be safe and apologize ahead of time rather than risk someone riding you about your wording.

And thanks for the update; I sure hope if SkillGaps wins there are more than 20 entrants.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I'm a nice brony.:)
Yea I guess that was just me being ignorant and ignorance leads to discrimination. I should only hate those who hates me, but lets get on topic. SG is ahead, the thing won't accept my debit card, but I can tell my parents to let me use my life savings for this (which I might FULLY regret doing at some point). I really don't want to put more than $500 though so please keep donating guys and let's go do this. I have the money to win this, it's just that I really don't want to use it, but I don't know and my parents may not even let me use it for this soooo. They're really hard to talk about when it comes to gaming.

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
Yea I guess that was just me being ignorant and ignorance leads to discrimination. I should only hate those who hates me, but lets get on topic. SG is ahead, the thing won't accept my debit card, but I can tell my parents to let me use my life savings for this (which I might FULLY regret doing at some point). I really don't want to put more than $500 though so please keep donating guys and let's go do this. I have the money to win this, it's just that I really don't want to use it, but I don't know and my parents may not even let me use it for this soooo. They're really hard to talk about when it comes to gaming.
It's cool man. Skullgirls+Ponies teaming up will be hard to beat. DOA is done though.

Well there's no point in donating to MLP anymore, and smash is behind. Just sayin'.
Just trying to make sure MLP wins out on top, so it can get the pot bonus and see top 8 be played out on the main stage for EVO. I may also slip some to Skullgirls too. But man the DOA community is so ****ed in the head. Also the game is busted.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Are WePay and credit card the only payment options or can you donate with paypal as well?
You can't directly make a donation with PayPal, but Redact is willing to help people who have no other option:

If paypal is peoples only option I'm willing to donate for them if they sent me the money VIA paypal, you may want to update this in the OP so people know I'm willing to do this.

PM me and we can sort it

NNID
dansalvato
Didn't see this thread before posting in the other one. Posting the same message.

If Melee wins, that's a shoutout to Nintendo and NamcoBandai that Melee has huge respect as a competitive fighting game. It could influence Smash 4 more toward the direction of Melee gameplay.

If the race becomes neck and neck, I'll consider donating a few hundred to push Melee over the edge. So, please keep me updated with the standings as I may forget to check regularly.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I think it's crucial that we don't let Skullgirls get more far ahead because their big lead might prevent some people from donating because they would think it's a lost cause

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
Chipped in bit more ^^

Money is just money but dreams are dreams
lol I suck at Meele. I'm better at Brawl, but I know Brawl sucks. I'm donating because meele will bring more hype. Besides I think Armada wouldn't mind making a return trip to America.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
lol I suck at Meele. I'm better at Brawl, but I know Brawl sucks. I'm donating because meele will bring more hype. Besides I think Armada wouldn't mind making a return trip to America.
I'm pretty bad at Melee also but my biggest dream regarding Melee is seeing it become huge and this is absolutely one in a lifetime opportunity for the smash community.

Melee's at $2,830.07 now

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty bad at Melee also but my biggest dream regarding Melee is seeing it become huge and this is absolutely one in a lifetime opportunity for the smash community.

Melee's at $2,830.07 now
lol same here, but skullgirls could use the boost too.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's be nice if the top players chipped in some money to this since chances are they are the ones that will be winning the Evo prize money. They should think of it as an investment.

I'll be donating some money to this in a bit.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'll be matching some donations tomorrow night during the Melee It On Me podcast.

Acryte

Smash Ace
YOOOO WE GOT NUMBERS GUYS, WE NEED TO GET SOMETHING ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TWITCH AND RALLY SUPPORT. There aren't as many people in the SG community, make them break the bank! If we pull close near the end I'm reserving about $400 to push us ahead enough to be safe. I won't even get to watch this tournament because I'll probably be out at sea (Navy) but I just really want this opportunity for Melee and the community.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
YOOOO WE GOT NUMBERS GUYS, WE NEED TO GET SOMETHING ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TWITCH AND RALLY SUPPORT. There aren't as many people in the SG community, make them break the bank! If we pull close near the end I'm reserving about $400 to push us ahead enough to be safe.
We got this, we still have 14 days and are far from being fully mobilized.

I sent a mass PM to the Apex 2013 Winners excluding Otori

"Hello! As some of might be aware, Melee has a realistic shot at being featured at EVO 2013. The 8th game to be featured will be nominated by which game receives most donations going to the breast cancer research fund. MLP:FiM is not counted, at the moment Skullgirls is leading the fundraiser at $3,365.00, Melee has raised $2,840.07. I know this might be bit rude but please consider making a donation for Melee. Melee being at EVO would really get us a lot of publicity and grow the community, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Here's the link where you can donate:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

And here's the smashboards thread with more information:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332276

Thank you"

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
reposting what i said from the SRK players' choice thread:

you guys know i really want melee to win, but an independent game like skullgirls would definitely deserve that 8th spot. maybe melee will do a side tourney at EVO, but not as many people will go if it's not a main game, obviously. also genesis 3, a huge melee major, is planning to be right after EVO, so it won't be a huge loss imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom