• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm donating $50 tonight or tomorrow and I'm going to put a video on our YouTube channel

:phone:

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
We'll be talking about this tomorrow on the Podcast, and I'll be doing a personal promotion during it.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Damn the competition between Melee and Skull Girls is intense at this point so close, Melee is ahead by ONLY $18. I will try donating $30, but I don't have common access to a credit card so it may not come soon. :(

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
@fat your local convenince store wiill sell prepaid creditcards. Usually in 25, 50 and 100$ options. Buy one if you want don't take my word it'll work though...I mean, it should but I know PSN randomly stopped accepting them after they cracked down on security. google if you can use one with paypal.

I was reading threads from other communities, hilarious how they went through the same evolutions as we did with this fund lol

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
@fat your local convenince store wiill sell prepaid creditcards. Usually in 25, 50 and 100$ options. Buy one if you want don't take my word it'll work though...I mean, it should but I know PSN randomly stopped accepting them after they cracked down on security. google if you can use one with paypal.

I was reading threads from other communities, hilarious how they went through the same evolutions as we did with this fund lol
Thanks for the tip, I'll stop by and hopefully I can donate when I get the chance to.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Good lord, the SG community means serious business. Definitely going to donate some more when my bank balance doesn't look so grim.

Super

Smash Apprentice
Good lord, the SG community means serious business. Definitely going to donate some more when my bank balance doesn't look so grim.
I think it`s that several individuals dropped big bucks, judging by their sudden jumps.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that Skullgirls' donation page has way more likes and tweets than Melee's does.

Skullgirls: 527 Likes and 54 Tweets
Melee: 350 Likes and 23 Tweets

If everybody were to use the tweet button that makes an automatic post with the link or everybody liked the page on facebook, it would go a long way toward spreading the word about this. It scares me to keep using "Oh, all our big moneymakers are still on their way home from the tournament." We can't just rely on them, especially when some of the organizers knew about this contest and we didn't hear anything from them as far as setting up a fund at the tournament to be put into the donation box.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that Skullgirls' donation page has way more likes and tweets than Melee's does.

Skullgirls: 527 Likes and 54 Tweets
Melee: 350 Likes and 23 Tweets

If everybody were to use the tweet button that makes an automatic post with the link or everybody liked the page on facebook, it would go a long way toward spreading the word about this. It scares me to keep using "Oh, all our big moneymakers are still on their way home from the tournament." We can't just rely on them, especially when some of the organizers knew about this contest and we didn't hear anything from them as far as setting up a fund at the tournament to be put into the donation box.
You are right we can't always rely on our big money people, every dollar would be appreciated to contributing to this, we need to spread this, not every smasher is isolated at Smashboards. Tweet, Like, +1 even would help us tremendously at the end.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
You are right we can't always rely on our big money people, every dollar would be appreciated to contributing to this, we need to spread this, not every smasher is isolated at Smashboards. Tweet, Like, +1 even would help us tremendously at the end.
I posted about it to 2 of the hyper melee videos of melee from Apex on youtube. I have HW, but it might be a brilliant idea to go through and post to a bunch of different Melee videos especially from Apex if anyone has time for that. Otherwise I'll get to it slowly throughout the week.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I posted about it to 2 of the hyper melee videos of melee from Apex on youtube. I have HW, but it might be a brilliant idea to go through and post to a bunch of different Melee videos especially from Apex if anyone has time for that. Otherwise I'll get to it slowly throughout the week.
lolno go post it on random melee TAS and sound track videos and try to catch some nostalgia players.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright! I'm finally home and looking over my bank statement! I'm still waiting on some charges to clear up AND I was charged an extra night at the Hyatt! :( Once the charges clear and get my refund back, it's on!

Acryte

Smash Ace
I really hope Melee beats out SG. I will be donating again later. Hopefully we can spread the word and get some Melee love going. COME ON MELEE!!!!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Our community is much larger than SG's, I don't see them keeping up with us for an extended period of time.

That said, don't lose any steam.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think an important thing is to have a constant flow of donations. SG might have some big donations at first, but at the days go on they might run out of big donors. And after Apex 2013, I'm sure quite a lot of people who weren't interested in Smash now might actually donate for it after seeing GFs for both games. One can hope so, anyway.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I think an important thing is to have a constant flow of donations. SG might have some big donations at first, but at the days go on they might run out of big donors. And after Apex 2013, I'm sure quite a lot of people who weren't interested in Smash now might actually donate for it after seeing GFs for both games. One can hope so, anyway.
That's only the case if we get the word out to them though.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
This doesn't look good atm, maybe smashboards admin could make a public announcement here on this forum to get everybody's attention? Just like they did for the Facebook poll

Atlus8

Smash Master
It kinda hurts to see people not stepping up for DOA5 after someone dropped $600 for it! Maybe they might 'snipe' the leader in the end! Also, like someone mentioned earlier, people are still getting home from Apex and still need some time before they can dish out some dough!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
This doesn't look good atm, maybe smashboards admin could make a public announcement here on this forum to get everybody's attention? Just like they did for the Facebook poll
Top right...they did. There's 2 weeks left, calm down because we were passed so late at night. Start worrying if the gap grows by 2k next week.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Dang SG is up by $200 now, they're at $2,781.22, we're at $2,579.47.
I stand by an earlier post that if we keep it close we will win in the end. Smash has more followers and we will let more and more of them know before the end of the donation period. This must happen because I want M2K to go because I want to watch more hype MARF.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I stand by an earlier post that if we keep it close we will win in the end. Smash has more followers and we will let more and more of them know before the end of the donation period. This must happen because I want M2K to go because I want to watch more hype MARF.
YES M2K MUST HAVE HIS MARF ENTER EVO 2013!!!!
:marth::marthmelee::marthmelee::marthmelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom