• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
This really isn't time for childish Brawl vs. Melee hate, just donate on the game you want to see at EVO and so be it. Melee will be at EVO

E: We need to think of a way to get more donations, like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube channels, anything

smopup

Smash Journeyman

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I'd honestly rather Melee win than anything but Brawl, I was just kinda worried about what would happen and upset at the reaction I got for trying to rally support for Brawl.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i mentioned it once somehwere (cant remember what thread), but if anyone has a tumblr account, they should post the donation thing there because i know for a fact that people on tumblr will donate to anything if its for a good cause

it should prolly have links to the srk pages discussing the donation drive, this threads OP, and donation link to melee

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'd honestly rather Melee win than anything but Brawl, I was just kinda worried about what would happen and upset at the reaction I got for trying to rally support for Brawl.
lol haters literally got nottthhiinngggg on you. Much respect.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
While I don't know if Melee getting in will benefit Brawl, I at least know that it will benefit Smash 4 when it comes out. If they see how well competitive Smash turns out for them, they'll be more willing to give Smash 4 a chance when it comes out. And that's why people are saying it will benefit the Smash community and not just Melee. The Brawl vs Melee argument isn't black and white. I started out loving Melee, fell in love with Brawl before its release, slowly lost interest as it went on, and developed a love for Project M. Regardless of whatever rumors and speculation that Smash 4 will be similar to Brawl (I'm preparing myself for it too), I'm going to give it a chance when it comes out. And just like what happened with Brawl, everyone but the most hardcore Melee players will switch over to the new game to try it out. Brawl players, Melee players, even 64 players will be lining up to try out the next generation of Smash.

And maybe it won't be exactly what they wanted. Then in that case, they'll switch back to their favorite game and no harm done. And maybe through Melee, EVO will see how hype competitive Smash can still be when you're not using a bull**** ruleset like the one they forced on Brawl in '08. And because of that, we'll get the tournament we want with Smash 4. So remember. A vote for Melee is a vote for Smash 4.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
To be honest I thought you trying to rally the troops for Brawl was definitely ok and I'm sure most others were ok with it (just a few others were weird about it/really didn't want to lose to Brawl). It would have been cool to have both smash games battle it out. It really wasn't a lost cause until skullgirls decided they were actually in this and I really don't think Brawl could beat both melee and skullgirls at the now frantic pace this competition seems to have taken on. If melee gets to evo and gets streamed should have some commentators or something give some shoutouts some good Brawl streams and Brawl since you guys are helping us out so you guys can get some publicity out of it.

Landry

Smash Ace
Well, this race is getting pretty tight. We need to think of some creative ways to get money.

Maybe TOs could waive venue fees at their next tourney if a player brings a donation receipt or something like that. I dunno, just spit balling here. Anyone else got any good ideas?

Well, this race is getting pretty tight. We need to think of some creative ways to get money.

Maybe TOs could waive venue fees at their next tourney if a player brings a donation receipt or something like that. I dunno, just spit balling here. Anyone else got any good ideas?
Or how about bringing donation receipts gets you higher seeds

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, we only have until the end of the month so... how many tourneys are currently coming up? (Barely two weeks to be exact).

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^lol thank you.

So SG came over here to ask us to give up. I don't want to put their community down, good **** to them for getting on the board but we aren't slowing down and this fund is dog eat dog
y samich
and the random who came over here is just showing weakness.

Maybe Kage could have some inspiring words about warriors and mountain tops.

Seriously though, how could they think we'd give up? Are they going to refund our money?

anyways, @brawl thinking it won't get no recognition from us winning...more of the FGC stayed up longer to watch brawl top 8 than melee I'm guessing and they're hype for PP AND Salem. They want melee @ evo but many liked top level brawl. Let's do this.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
M2K should donate 100 bucks, he made a ****load of money out of APEX xDDDD

Also, ill drop 5$ lateh

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
So did ARmada and Salem (Just thinking that 1st in either game could be just as much as 3rd and 2nd in both. Idk payouts)
Armada could donate aswell, we can convince him that this is a inversion for his future :troll:

Being serious, keep donating guuuuuys, we cannot let SG catch us .

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
If there any players from countries other than US. please consider making an informative thread about this issue to your regional melee forums, I know for a fact that at least Sweden, Germany and Spain have regional smash forums. Remember that not everyone reads smashboards, most people in my community for example disregard this subforum (Melee discussion) entirely because they think it's crap.

If you have an Smash-related Youtube account with subscribers please make a short informal video with donation links and ask people to donate.

If you have a smash-related Twitter account (Prog, Dogy), tweet this

If you administer a smash related Facebook page (for example Project M is huge) please make a post about this

Let's get our game into EVO and show everyone that it's goddamn amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom