• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Oh wow, tuning in for sure.

You guys are amazing and should feel amazing.
We do :D thanks for tuning in - the more people we can get on this episode the better chance we have of DESTROYING breast cancer and getting Melee at EVO 2013 <3

twitch.tv/bobby_scar (follow now if you will forget)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
An idea I think top players shoudl consider. Clashtournaments had a fundraiser for themselves at apex, donate 1$ and get 1 chance to win a brand new controller for every dollar donated. The box was signed by a bunch of top players, maybe we can do something similar again? Unfortunately apex has passed and getting those signatures would be....impossible. But a promise might make some money.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
I think the donation drive tournament is a great idea.

10$ entry-half goes to pot/half to donation etc.

singles+doubles

any TO's willing? I would but I'm in the worlds most barren area for smash.

Djent

Smash Champion
That pic is funny, but people should keep donating to the games they love anyway. EVO won't be a "miracle cure" for every problem the Melee community faces, but it could still help a lot.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
"Mike Z has shown he is a straight up G to ManeSix, so yeah, a lot of the pony fans are backing Skullgirls now."

smopup

Smash Journeyman
We do :D thanks for tuning in - the more people we can get on this episode the better chance we have of DESTROYING breast cancer and getting Melee at EVO 2013 <3

twitch.tv/bobby_scar (follow now if you will forget)
Following! This episode NEEDS to get the most exposure it can possibly get. You guys should definitely hit up whoever is in charge of the "Smash News" on the top of the site, as well as the people with the keys to the Smashboards Twitter and Facebook accounts.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think the donation drive tournament is a great idea.

10$ entry-half goes to pot/half to donation etc.

singles+doubles

any TO's willing? I would but I'm in the worlds most barren area for smash.
I like it too. Would be great if every tournament donated a portion of their entry fees to EVO. I haven't participated in one in a while but I would come out to a local tourney if it does this.

Also, what happened to SMYN? Is it still around? If so they should also make a discussion about EVO

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Armada/PP/Mew2King all won a ton of money this past weekend. Can't those three alone can throw in a good amount of money Melee's way. Like seriously, they would just be investing to have a chance to win more money.
They win wayyy less than you'd expect from these things. If SSB4 is actually hype as hell and melee and brawl fans alike both agree it's btr I might start a thread aimed at counting letters people send to Nintendo requesting it be sponsored regardless of how polite or impolite people choose for those letters to be. I believe there was a tournament not to long ago that never payed its winners despite owing over 600$ to one person and perhaps more to others I believe. I think it happened to M2K, but it might have been somebody else.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I like it too. Would be great if every tournament donated a portion of their entry fees to EVO. I haven't participated in one in a while but I would come out to a local tourney if it does this.

Also, what happened to SMYN? Is it still around? If so they should also make a discussion about EVO
http://showmeyournews.com/

Yes, SMYN is still around. They lost a sizable chunk of their fanbase when they switched from a Brawl-focused to a General Gaming-focused podcast and a HUGE chunk when MLG screwed up the iTunes server that it had been using. They promised to set them back up but never did so the hundreds of subscribers probably don't even know that the podcast is still going and has expanded. We've slowly gotten back some old fans over the years and if the forums seem barren at times it's because many of the biggest fans communicate with each other through Skype.

But yeah, SMYN still talks about Smash Bros whenever something big comes up relating to a national tournament or Smash 4 rumors. They even have two episodes in which they talk with some of the major developers behind Project M about upcoming demos before they happen. They're all fans of Smash and that's how most of the current fans came to learn about the podcast. You can bet that the next episode will make mention of APEX and EVO.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yo Atlus, if you're planning on making a big donation, save it for the Melee It On Me podcast. 5 people will be matching donations made during the stream.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow someone just upped Melee to $3400, we're only about $150 behind Skullgirls now.

kupo15

Smash Hero
http://showmeyournews.com/

Yes, SMYN is still around. They lost a sizable chunk of their fanbase when they switched from a Brawl-focused to a General Gaming-focused podcast and a HUGE chunk when MLG screwed up the iTunes server that it had been using. They promised to set them back up but never did so the hundreds of subscribers probably don't even know that the podcast is still going and has expanded. We've slowly gotten back some old fans over the years and if the forums seem barren at times it's because many of the biggest fans communicate with each other through Skype.

But yeah, SMYN still talks about Smash Bros whenever something big comes up relating to a national tournament or Smash 4 rumors. They even have two episodes in which they talk with some of the major developers behind Project M about upcoming demos before they happen. They're all fans of Smash and that's how most of the current fans came to learn about the podcast. You can bet that the next episode will make mention of APEX and EVO.

Nice! Looking forward to tuning into that next ep!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Guys matching donations on the Melee It On Me podcast - make sure you include that in the title of a reddit post. You're sure to reach a gigantic audience that way.

I'll be saving my donation for that podcast. How does that work though? While it's going on do I just post a pic of my receipt to the chat?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Guys matching donations on the Melee It On Me podcast - make sure you include that in the title of a reddit post. You're sure to reach a gigantic audience that way.

I'll be saving my donation for that podcast. How does that work though? While it's going on do I just post a pic of my receipt to the chat?

I was thinking the same thing.
Perhaps they'll look at the amount at the beginning of the show, then match whatever it increased by at the end of the show.
*shrug*

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Tomorrow night at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST on Scar's twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar and potentially on VGBC's channel: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

EVERYBODY should hold off until then, IMO. Spread the word though! We gotta make a huge splash in one night.
Can't be quoted enough.

Everyone please spread the word. Smashboards should make this an announcement on the Smash News tab.

Mad props to Scar, TCB and the rest of the awesome dudes willing to match donations!

Scar

#HarveyDent
Can't be quoted enough.

Everyone please spread the word. Smashboards should make this an announcement on the Smash News tab.

Mad props to Scar, TCB and the rest of the awesome dudes willing to match donations!
Thanks guys <3

-We changed it a bit - the episode is from 6pm-9pm PACIFIC...
-For every dollar you put in, up to $1,000 total for the night, we will put in $3
-If we hit our goal of $1,000 tomorrow night we will be putting in an additional $3,300 for a grand total of $4,300 in one night.

LET'S GO MELEE.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I wish I could tune in earlier than 7. I don't get off work til then :*(

Thanks guys <3

-We changed it a bit - the episode is from 6pm-9pm PACIFIC...
-For every dollar you put in, up to $1,000 total for the night, we will put in $3
-If we hit our goal of $1,000 tomorrow night we will be putting in an additional $3,300 for a grand total of $4,300 in one night.

LET'S GO MELEE.
THE WAR CHEST IS OPEN

Life

Smash Hero
I have been to roughly half a dozen tournaments and I have never been this hype. (Dunno if I'll be around during the podcast to get a matched donation tho)

Acryte

Smash Ace
This is what I'm talking about... I LOVE MELEE. I LOVE THE COMMUNITY, YOU GUYS ARE TOO AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom