• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Air dodge VS Brawl Air dodge! Discuss, which one should be in Brawl+?

zxeon

Smash Lord
This whole thread should be closed since there is no reason there should be a fight about it. What we should be doing is looking for a way to put them both in or combine both methods.

storm92

Smash Ace
Or we could simply continue discussion, seeing as no one declared MAD the winner in this thread.
I could also say alright MADs gone guys, BAD wins this argument. Let's just close this thread.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Or we could simply continue discussion, seeing as no one declared MAD the winner in this thread.
I could also say alright MADs gone guys, BAD wins this argument. Let's just close this thread.
There is no need to fight. There never was one in the first place. That's why this thread should be closed.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
This whole thread should be closed since there is no reason there should be a fight about it. What we should be doing is looking for a way to put them both in or combine both methods.
Because not all of us are coders we might as well spend our time arguing which direction the Brawl+ meta game should go eh? No sense letting backroom have all the backroom fun should a set of codes emerge that would affect the game right?

Starscream

Smash Ace
On the contrary, word use is very important, especially when looking at things logically -- which I am.
Mmmmkay. Like I said, I was merely using a word I've heard thrown around before, not representing my own personal thoughts or anything. Either way, I think we can agree that vanilla Brawl isn't a very good competitive fighting game.

I plan on contacting a coder...
Good to know.

Even if we made it work EXACTLY the same way it did in Melee (which we won't) we'd still have added viable movement options.
You're right it would. But I still wouldn't place it over everything else we can have if it ended up being too large of a code (don't know yet). But what is it exactly that you want to do to the code? Add frames of lag after a wavedash? If so, how many? Disable gimp mode? Both?

If we make it apparent that there's no need for a hacker to step up to the challenge than no one will. The code space that it takes up can be justified in that it's not just ONE change, but it adds MULTIPLE things to Brawl+.
That's fine, it's not a big deal to me either way as long as we don't use the current MAD code as a Brawl+ standard. That is what I'll be against.

There is no need to fight. There never was one in the first place. That's why this thread should be closed.
There is no fight, it's a discussion/debate. Just relax, afterall it's just a game.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
There should be an option after you pick your character to choose what kind of air-dodge you want. Either Brawl's or Melee's.... That way, I can **** all of you idiots who say Melee's is better... muhuahahaa!!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
There should be an option after you pick your character to choose what kind of air-dodge you want. Either Brawl's or Melee's.... That way, I can **** all of you idiots who say Melee's is better... muhuahahaa!!
Reminds me of CvsS2 Grooves and SFA3's -isms. Also please stop trolling this thread...

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Ever thought of, hmm, leaving a perfectly good game (save online) alone? Don't kill the dog any more than you have to. There is nothing wrong with the current air dodge system, and even if there was trying to implement a hack into mainstream play is stupid.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Ever thought of, hmm, leaving a perfectly good game (save online) alone? Don't kill the dog any more than you have to. There is nothing wrong with the current air dodge system, and even if there was trying to implement a hack into mainstream play is stupid.
My god...

READ BEFORE YOU ******* POST!

Starscream

Smash Ace
Oh my god you are completely right. How could we have been so blind all this time? I have seen the light, I'm going to go uninstall my Homebrew Channel right now. Thank you soooo much.

Lol wut.

Revven

FrankerZ
They do say ignorance is bliss, and I must say, this is some fiiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeee ignorance. Can I have some? ;)

Mr.T 07

Smash Journeyman
dude is that even a real question? brawl dodge for sure!!! you cant even move after the dodge in melee

Finns7

Smash Ace
I played today ganon vs meta and Im dont see anyway of ganon surviving without wd. Maybe the DD codes will help but as of now there are no finalized ones (i think). The meta ganon matchup is not as gay now imo because if ganon gets a grab in at over 90 there basically dead and the hitstun allows him to combo meta. Meta still has the advantage though, and with no wd he cant waveland or directional airdodge out of a **** combo.

This is for ganon though how do other chars do with MAD/BAD

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
the fact that every character can combo means we have completely rewritten the tier list and have given everyone a chance to win. before, brawl was about the best character. in every other smash bros, if you find an opening, you can potentially destroy your opponent if you can out think him. i don't think we need to worry about individual match ups right now.

gamegeek27

Smash Rookie
How about in the rules options before brawling you just pick whether you want melee airdodge or brawl airdodge?

Revven

FrankerZ
How about in the rules options before brawling you just pick whether you want melee airdodge or brawl airdodge?
You can't do that as if you load up MAD first, it'll already be on. It'd have t be button activated and that would only add MORE lines to the code (probably one or two more). It would be a pain if it wasn't button activated (you'd have to turn off the Wii, take off MAD from the SD Card and put it back into the Wii and start up Brawl+ again).

Not worth it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think MAD helps some characters like Gannon the most. All that's really missing is a taking away the Stun after the Air dodge. I accidentally have it on 1 of my SD cards. The only problem is it allows me to Air dodge forever up into the air. It's really funny. The only way to end the argument is to somehow have both codes. How about this. If you don't press a direction you do a BAD and if you do you do a MAD. Fair?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
That would be my ideal. However, that would take an abundance of lines.

Revven

FrankerZ
That would be my ideal. However, that would take an abundance of lines.
Exactly, because the code would be telling the game how to differentiate the two from one another. It just wouldn't work for us, we can't have MAD and BAD together, it's one or the other. No HAD, forget it.

zxeon

Smash Lord
BAD doesn't encourage aerial combat. Why would I go after an opponent in midair when they can become invincible an unlimited amount of times when I can just wait on the ground and wait 'till they land when they'll be vulnerable on landing? There is no screwing up a BAD.

This thread really shouldn't of been revived.

Top Bottom