• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ur crap, i didn't even play g and w =p

edit: jei count me in <3
looks like plenty of time for autographs

i'm also trying to get in touch with a local.. uh.... statue maker, to make statues of us. would be the ultimate prize for rocky

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I don't know...a statue of us would probably be put into a museum. It's simply too much for a prize at a tourney as small as Rocky. The winner (Cobalt) will make millions off of it.

Yeah a` I understand if you guys can't come. It's ages away from any Eastsider.

Only 2 spots left (not really, a few people won't show up) so get your name down if you want to come ^_^

Edit: I've just updated the additional rules. Any suicide attack that results in a sudden death will be ignored and the win goes to the one who performed the attack. It used to be just Bowser's and Ganondorf's forward B but now it also goes for Dedede and Kirbycide.
Is there any disagreements there or is this a good idea?...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i like that rule, namely cause i dont use any of those characters.

but i would add:
ps is not neutral and is ddd banned
shadow moses should totally be legal to cp
chaingrabs should be limited to use up to 100% (dont expect this to go through)
any mk player has only 2 stock to play with :)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Edit: I've just updated the additional rules. Any suicide attack that results in a sudden death will be ignored and the win goes to the one who performed the attack. It used to be just Bowser's and Ganondorf's forward B but now it also goes for Dedede and Kirbycide.
Is there any disagreements there or is this a good idea?...
imo, it isn't really necessary, because these suicide manouvres with Dedede and Kirby are escapable anyway. The only way to make them "inescapable" is to have the enemy at a much higher % before inhaling them, but even by doing so, Dedede and Kirby are both more than capable of getting the KO via another means.

It should also be taken into account that most successful Dedede/Kirbycides are done without the Kirby or Dedede actually suicide. The frantic swallowed indivual usually breaks free and lacks the ability to recovery from such a long vertical drop, whereas the balloons, Dedede and Kirby easily take advantage of this and have no issue returning, anyway.

Just some info I thout might help the decision. Not being in Vic, it doesn't really concern me though. =/

Vermy

Smash Champion
I HAVE MELTY BLOOD.
ALL WHO WANT?

Also, just thought id reiterate; Alfa and Haydino. If anyone knows their main(s) and/or suburb much appreciated. I will be writing up the ranbats list all pretty like within the next couple days.

And anyone wanting shirts this month? Here's a rough outline of details and such:

T-shirts are $35-$40 for a single sided print shirt and $45-$55 for a double sided shirt as you may have seen at the tourney. I can also do pullover hoodies, but they're a fair bit more.
As for designs, I do all of that myself. So if you have an idea you'd like to see on a shirt, possibilities are near endless. The only thing I ask is that you don't have other artists work in the design. With the exception of logos (ie. The triforce/smash logo) I can also make mock images. For example, I took the uncle sam "I Want you in the U.S Army" and photoshopped kirby's face in and changed it to "I want you inside of me".
The most popular design is the Sports Jersey, where the shirt has the Stigma-B logo on the front with the players name and a chosen number.
Any other questions, give me a buzz on msn:
Darkvermiis@hotmail.com

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I don't know about the stage changes. I think the scene is getting pretty lazy (including myself) and are just trying to get everything banned instead of mastering the obstacle.

First it was Halberd and Delfino, I take the blame for that because I was the one who wanted to ban them in the first place. Then Pokemon Stadium for various reason (stage changes, the lip under the stage, the tv screen in the back is too distracting, the floor is too green, I'm just making sh*t up now) and then what's next?

After Pokemon Stadium is taken off the Starter list then people will be complaining about Final Destination catching too many people under the edge of the stage when they upB. Yoshi's Island having ShyGuys all over the place and the floor isn't straight enough. Then Battlefield is too neutral for our liking lol. Exaggerating is fun.

I know exactly where you're all coming from though, I groan everytime Poke Stadium comes up in random. Then there's this convo I just had in MSN:

Khoa says: i guess ur right
Khoa says: but yea when me and alfa were playing on ps
Khoa says: on one of the changes
Khoa says: we just stood on one side of the stage
Khoa says: and waited until it changed into another scene
Jei says: yeah lol its always been the case :(
Khoa says: we were like taunting for one min or so

I'm actually considering switching PS to the Counterpick list but then that will leave us with four Starters...I don't want to really be the TO that reduces the Starter list to four because Melbourne as a whole can't handle minor obstacles :(

@Attila: Dedede banning PS isn't really fair on the Dedede players because the only wall that will come up for their chain grabbing pleasures only lasts about a minute and I don't see D3 as a premature ejaculator. Also it's very easy to avoid them during that time.
Shadow Moses only really works for characters that can kill upwards. There was this huge discussion about the ways this level works only a little while ago and using all of the arguments it was decided best to ban this stage ie. dtilts against walls, living to high 200% etc.
Chaingrabs will be chaingrabs and unfortunately Brawl is full of them. There is really only one chaingrab that can surpass 100% anyway and that's the Ice Climber's alt. grabbing which has been capped at 300%
As for Metaknight lol. Being a Snake main I would figure you would laugh in the faces of MK mains. Not only is there so many ways to get around Metaknight these days but there really isn't any Melbourne players who have proved that MK is broken. Chris and Cobalt can use him and dominate but these are two players who can use any character and dominate. IMO there isn't anything we can do about banning high skill levels :lick:

Anyway long post I apologize, I seem to be full of them lately. Keep discussing I guess, I like it when my thread is active..

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I swear, if Pokemon Stadium 1 becomes a CP ..... .... :mad:

If Pokemon Stadium 1 is neutral why not Castle Siege? I know they are different but they share similarities. The stage in itself evolves into different neutral ones. Where the stage is "transitioning", that is also neutral. Saying that the stage can save people from dying when it goes into 'transition', this is not random, the stage changes at set times. And i can sing along to the music.

Unless, what you mean: neutral = boring stages :p

Vermy

Smash Champion
Castle seige 2nd stage turns into a walkoff ko area. I.e. Chaingrabbers can get you to the end and kill you with little to no effort. That makes it non neutral.

And yeah. Neutral = boring.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
One thing - I used snake for one match for the entire day. Didn't even use it in a friendly nor for a whole set. Does that still count for my main?

tibs7

Smash Champion
PS definately not a CP, attila just hates it because he normally loses on it :p and ofcourse he wants shadow moses...........d*mn snake mains

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I would ask Jei to put my main as random, but I'll only do that for any monthlies that I go to in the future. I just wanted to see how well I would do being *** and abusing top tiers =)

Attila_

BRoomer
obviously certain characters have a hard time killing on shadow moses, but even more characters have trouble keeping up with rc imo. its a bit of a double standard. but this is an obstacle im learning to overcome... although it is taking a while...

i still think ps is not neutral, if for no other reason than the example jei gave of khoa's match, which pretty much happens everytime i play on that stage. when either the tree or the rocks pop out, no one moves until they disappear. this is rather dull. and if you consider a stage that continually changes features and has one of the dodgiest ledges in existance neutral, then we should put lylat cruise back on the neutral list. i actually like that stage, and have never seen someone gimped by the moving ledge. it happens to infrequently, and moves such a small distance that it really doesnt matter. its suppose to work against my lucas, but this is something ive never noticed. ever. i consider lylat cruise far more neutral than yoshi's island for instance, as shy guys make it hard to camp, the stage is hard to slide up, and those stages appear often when a ko is imminent. ps also suffers from the 'fall through' glitch, which has unfairly koed me a few times. for the record, i consider both halberd and delfino's to be more neutral than ps.

oh, and the mk comment was a jk, btw

@bryan: castle seige is definately not neutral, cause of multiple walkoffs and very odd stage construction. but i understand the comparison. if cs didnt have walkoffs, would it be neutral? i pretty sure the answer would be no. the same goes for delfino.

@tibs: i generally win that stage; the windmill, rocks, and trees help snake literally live forever.

@mezza: i dont wear tank tops. it was a singlet.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If you take out PS, add in one of either Delfino or Halberd.

@attila: CGs are not going away EVAR!!! >:D

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Confirmed:

1. Jei
2. Khoa
3. Lee
4. Vermy <3
5. Nay
6. Ugly
7. Atlas
8. Condog
9. Nixernator
10. Dekar <3
11. Tak
12. Bryan

page 77 of this thread for details. Let's fill up the last three available slots :)

N2C meet probably next week...

Vermy

Smash Champion
I demand a <3 next to my name or I will be </3

Also, would anyone buy this if it was on a shirt:

Vermy

Smash Champion
Do it bryan.
Do it so I can get my aaaaaassss kicked by that nana throwing chimp.

Srsly. If you wanna beat me, play diddy.

Attila_

BRoomer
a snake counter? my snake laughs at snake counters hahahahaha

besides, ive always got oli, marth, zss, dk, sheik and lucas, of course ;)

i challenge you, vermy!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Confirmed:

1. Jei
2. Khoa
3. Lee
4. Vermy <3
5. Nay
6. Ugly
7. Atlas
8. Condog
9. Nixernator
10. Dekar <3
11. Tak
12. Bryan
13. Tibz
14. Attila??
15. ...

page 77 of this thread for details. Let's fill up the last three available slots :)

N2C meet probably next week...
So I expect these people to be at my house tomorrow...
I'm guessing Vermy is going with Ugly, Tak is riding with Wayne and Dekar, Tibz and Attila come with Bryan...
The rest need picking up from the train station at whatever time they arrive.

Call me if you need to be picked up.
0432 043 681

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
I am EdgeGames, If anyone remembers me from Stigma-B, I'm not sure who I should try to main, Sheik or Pit.

In my eyes Pit is Awesome, =D
but then agian Sheik is awesome. =D

Yeah, so, my question is "what are peoples opinion on these characters?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom