• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Tanman: Seriously I don't understand how you land your kills so easily with your sonic, teach me. TEACH ME!!!. Also I don't think I'll be able to pull a sexy 3 stock **** unless you sandbag as hard as I did (I'm telling you I was sandbagging/johns).

And Cao I was the sonic who Sd'ed against wolf in pools and our peach sonic match took like 7 minutes and 500% at least.

Also Splice wherever you are, lol your G&W opened up the **** on me, worst part was Khoa was the next opponent and I actually have a chance against him.
And Khoa wth man you were all like "I'm playing so bad" for the last like 2 weeks and you're top 12 again? MOAR diddy.
Bendigo guys I will friendly you next tourny I'm so sorry for leaving early, and yes I will lose.
Lee nice to meet you, and make sure to bring hot babes on your phone next time :p.
Mezer, dude what happened to our rematch? Your ness has like improved so much, I was seriously like wow, and also PKT2 **** against lee.
Nix don't ban Onett against Sonic, ever. Lol at in the finals when your telling everyone whos playing tan to ban FD.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
RESULTS!!1!ONE!!

Doubles

1. Buttsecks Parade (Jei + Dekar) [Pit + Game & Watch/Marth]
2. Foxy Woxy (Tak + CAOTIC) [Fox + Peach/Wolf]
3. Team 7 (Tibz + Attila) [Diddy Kong + Snake]
4. Toshiba + Afropony [Diddy Kong + Pit]
5. BBoys (Tanman + Drixon Sypher)
5. Haydino + Alfa
7. Team Awesome (Earl + Nix)
7. Team Fail (Viva + Leisha)
9. Death of the Incredible Pimps (Nay + X)
9. Ruben + Sam
9. Out of the Blue (Elm + Splice)
9. Jumbo Pimps (Justyn + Bryan)
13. Black Jack (Devil + IceK)
13. Team Blazeknight (Hunter + Blazeknight)
13. Supreme Finishers (Gary + Condog)
13. Mots (JR + Mike)
17. Potplant Lobsters (Ugly + Vermy)
17. The Tacos (Lucas + Alex)
17. SPAM B! (Lee + Khoa)

Singles

1. Tibz [Diddy Kong]
2. Tanman [Hax Sonic]
3. Afropony (DQ) [Pit]
4. CAOTIC [Peach]
5. Toshiba [Diddy Kong]
5. Attila [Snake]
7. Forte [Metaknight]
7. Earl [Link + Snake]
9. Jei [Pit]
9. Nay [Toon Link]
9. Dekar [Game & Watch/Marth]
9. Khoa [Diddy Kong/Metaknight]
13. Justyn
13. Drixon Sypher
13. Devil
13. Alfa
17. Vermy
17. Bryan
17. Mezer
17. Tak
17. Haydino
17. Edge Games
17. Splice
17. Viral (DQ)
25. Dlux
25. X
25. Lee
25. Rob
25. Sam (DQ)
25. Condog (DQ)
25. Nixenator
25. Ledge
33. Angelo (DQ)
33. JR (DQ)
33. Viva
33. Myst
33. IceK
33. Alex
33. Elm
33. Leisha (DQ)
33. Mike (DQ)
33. Ugly
33. Nix
33. Dan (DQ)

Shoutouts tonight, busy now.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I won the first match against Dekar, but it was close. Second match he pretty much owned me.

And with the third... I stupidly went Falco... Match was over in less then a minute.
never played such an aggressive fox, or any character for that matter
love the way you play, fast and aggressive, and yet it somehow works in a game as campy and shieldy as brawl

yer never pick falco again =)

RESULTS!!1!ONE!!

Singles

1. Tibz [Diddy Kong]
2. Tanman [Hax Sonic]
3. Afropony (DQ) [Pit]
4. CAOTIC [Peach]

Shoutouts tonight, busy now.

ZOMG totally would have liek come 1st *nod*
tanman? afropony? caotic?
this sickens me

Dekar289

Smash Hero
btw afropony, dw if people say you're like a total douche because of the way you play, if it works, and you win, good for you
still, you won't beat pros like me ;)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i know dekar i know... i am under cao and tibs and a draw with toshi despite the fact i pwn them all... ill concentrate properly next time ;)

teams was horrible... i kept killing tibs.... soz haha next time

actually afro played ok yesterday, barely camped... maybe cause i used oli and lucas haha... still keep sding against him...

@bryan: you have uni on wed? it might be better then...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
You were sniped by Vermysaur.
You got spiked by Zard.
Squirtle brought the ****.
You got served foo'!
^.^
Sorry.

I don't get excuses much to be cocky. My kirbys average, but my pt kills it. Your grab to ful charge upsmash wtf! Hatechu. =p
Psh squirtle aint so tough ;P But that snipe was epic. Through the god**** fin of corneria. And yeah, that was the only cg i was doing right lol

Melty Blood is best game ever.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
DQ? Disqualifications? :S

Was this because of having to leave or for other reasons?

And wow at a Sonic coming second in such a competitive melbourne place :p WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS DTILT OR SOMETHING.

If only good players like I or Cobalt were there.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it ran really late because pools took 2 hours longer than expected and teams had already run overtime and there were less tvs than last time and people showed up really late and people left and came back while tournaments were running

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wish I could play Cobalt on "Wi-fi". :(

Pssh, you're lucky Cobalt, YOU'RE LUCKY there isn't enough room for the 2 of us, so I'll continue to win Sydney, while you continue to NOT WIN Melbourne and Chris continues to win QLD.

There seems to be a missing link in the ultimate trio...

Afropony

Smash Lord
The reason I got DQ'ed is because I had to go home, Tibz and I were way ahead of everyone in the brackets.

Also there was no planking from me.

Shoutouts?

Splice: Thanks for coming with me, hope you come next time
Toshiba: Thanks for being my doubles partner. Team with me next month? We need to think of a doubles name as well.
Rob: GG's in pools, keep it up.
Myst(sam?): GG's in pools, not sure why we had to play in the brackets as well.
Condog: never played an Ice Climbers. Keep practicing the chaingrabs and you'll be awesome.
Alfa: The last person I played in pools, you've got much better then last month. keep it up!
Elm: Haha took a stock off your Lucario without getting hit. Hope you can come next month.
Viral: Nice Olimar, I will need to remember to ban Luigi's Mansion for next time.
Nay: I've never played a good Tlink, really close matches, interesting CP with Mario Circuit.
Attila: Hope you enjoyed the match more then last month. Maybe if you stop killing yourself at 70% you'll be able to beat me. Also just like to say that your Lucas is awesome;)
Tibz: you're to good at reading the play. Congratulations on coming 1st!
Ledge(Gary): Had a nice time talking to you, thanks for the friendlies at the end. Sorry about having to come back and return while we were playing.
Tanman: Aha that doubles match was intense, having to take 2 of you on and struggling to get out of that grab release thing. Mirror shield gimp was pretty lucky, I remember seeing Dekar in the background just saying "wow".

Thanks Jei and X for the tournament. Not sure if the pools worked out that well but I still really enjoyed it.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Time for shout-outs (20 hours late):

CAO: Hax much? 3 bomb-ombs in 4 matches. Also, stop floating over my bananas, it's annoying. =P
Tibs: Wow, just wow. I could not do a thing againt you. Stop turning my bananas against me. >=(
Afro: Fantastic doubles partner. Mirror shield gimp = win. One day, I will beat your Pit. One day...
Vermy: Wow, your Pokemon Trainer threw me off. Totally different playing style to what I'm used too.
Dan: Where did you go? I spent 10 minutes waiting for you, only to realise you had left. =(
Tan: Awesome Sonic. The matches were really close and I had a hard time trying to read your movements.
Everyone else: I had fun with all the matches. There were some epic/lol moments. There were a lot of Pit and Diddy mains. What ever happened to Metaknight?

Browny

Smash Hater
Lolwut

Sonic ***** ahahaha

There are decent Sonics in Melbourne but they can't place high because it's Sonic. That's what I meant when I said our scene knows better than to let them place high. We just use cheaper **** and shut them down. :)
Tanman do u have wifi or something we gotta play :D

I LAG

Smash Lord
SONIC COMING 2nd THIS IS TOTAL BULL****!!!
THATS WORST THAN PT COMING 2nd.

come on guys melbourne needs more MKs.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Tanman: Aha that doubles match was intense, having to take 2 of you on and struggling to get out of that grab release thing. Mirror shield gimp was pretty lucky, I remember seeing Dekar in the background just saying "wow".
I blame DS for Grab release failure. Though I can't talk due to bucket failure from me. Bah, if only I could play Sonic without hitting my teammate. =/

Also, Uair spam off edge against my DK. Very annoying, and very little I could do. Next time I'll have the balls to jump off and try to stage spike you.

And Wi-Fi makes me the sux dj. Seriously, my bair targeting goes to hell unlike landing about 6 or 7 in a row against peoples inexperienced against the Sonic matchup :laugh:

As for the MK's, I beat the only one I went up against ^^; Hurrah for Fsmash beating 'nado.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts.

Cobalt - What a legend, congratulations on another victory again. I think you should stop coming to these because you keep winning all the time.
Tibs - What a legend, congratulations on your victory with Diddy. People say Brawl takes no skill but when I see you're Diddy I just shake my head and look in awe. +1 for being one of the nicest people in the scene.
Chris - What a legend, training paid off LOL
Bryan - What a legend, we should have done a blind for characters haha. I wasn't really going to play Snake but when you changed from Kirby to Peach I was like why the hell not. I was pretty lucky in that match, cuz I haven't touched Snake since last year (no joke).
IceK - What a legend, beating me in pools but I still placed higher than you in Singles =)
X - What a legend, but sif go to the airport =(
Devil - What a legend, still in brackets even though IceK got DQed LAWL
Jei - What a legend, you'll learn from your mistakes today.
Cao - What a legend, doing what Bryan couldn't.
Dekar - What a legend, failing so hard today, but making Tak rage! LOL
Tak - What a legend, make your mind up on your opinions FFS
Nay - What a G, bad luck in the final match =x
Lee - What a legend, nice Sonic xD
Toshiba - What a legend, pro at Brawl and Melee.
Sam - What a legend, Ness is LOL
Attila - What a legend, making Ness fanboys cry since March 09
The people I played in pools - What a legendary bunch of people, I went 2/10 in pools and didn't win a set and still placed 7th? Hacks. Or maybe counterpicking stages is more integral to the game than I thought...

I had fun. Must abuse top tiers more though.

~Vince.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I blame DS for Grab release failure. Though I can't talk due to bucket failure from me. Bah, if only I could play Sonic without hitting my teammate. =/

Also, Uair spam off edge against my DK. Very annoying, and very little I could do. Next time I'll have the balls to jump off and try to stage spike you.

And Wi-Fi makes me the sux dj. Seriously, my bair targeting goes to hell unlike landing about 6 or 7 in a row against peoples inexperienced against the Sonic matchup :laugh:

As for the MK's, I beat the only one I went up against ^^; Hurrah for Fsmash beating 'nado.
I wish I could have played your sonic, sounds like it was amazing.
I don't think I ever played your Donkey Kong. Are sure that was me you were playing?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could have played your sonic, sounds like it was amazing.
I don't think I ever played your Donkey Kong. Are sure that was me you were playing?
I think it was in the friendlies. My G&W had the same problem though regardless. As for a singles match, next time. If I come next time. 4am starts are not cool. Can't you all bring the tourny to Bendigo so I can be on top of my game?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Ok I'm done being busy. Shoutouts time.

First, I'll never do pools again any time soon unless not many people come, only top 2-3 people from each pool get into the bracket or I somehow get my hands on a program that allows pools to run quicker.
Also it seems a few people (Foxy Woxy) were counter picking banned stages (Green Greens/Onett) so I've been informed. A good idea suggested to me was to make printouts of certain info to give out to people at the tournament eg. list of stages, tiers and rule set to make things easier.
Lastly, I apologise to everyone for such a long-run tourney, I tried something new and it failed. I also apologise to those who had to leave early because of it. Everyone with a DQ next to their name (there may be a few mistakes there as I wasn't 100% on who had to leave early) I'm talking about you.

Dekar - Buttsecks Parade is lol. Too bad we can't team every month. We will rise again at Rocky.
Nay - Wtf were you on drugs or something? You had way too much energy. I told you Afropony will beat you.
Attila - I already faced the fact that Snake is no longer a 'lol' character at the EB tourney. GG's you really showed me Snake's potential.
Earl - Same thing, nice Snake. You're already pro for your second tourney. Congrats on placing (and whooping me)
Jei - Get better, you're sh*t.
Devil - Nice counterpick ahaha. 2 stocked both matches. I still think you're one of the best smashers there.
IceK - I'm so sorry I had to DQ you. I truly am. I really failed this tournament.
X - I'm falling for you more and more each day.
Forte - Stop wh*ring high tiers lol. Congrats on your placement you defeated a heap of good players.
Tibz - I failed lol. The Snakes ganged up on me and I couldn't meet you in finals. Next time lol. Congrats on first, I knew you would win the whole thing.
Tak - Stop distracting me with Melee lol. I have a tournament to run. Also really sorry about your bracket placement, I have no idea how to seed. We all know you're good though, you didn't deserve 17th.
CAOTIC - You said you wanted to improve at Brawl and you have. Greatly.
Team Fail - @Viva: Didn't even get to rematch. Next time. @Leisha: Good player lol. Shouldn't be long until you start beasting with MK.
Tanman - Congrats on 2nd place, your Sonic amazed me. Sorry for not remembering you from GotGames.
Afropony - Another person I really apologise to for having to DQ. You are a fantastic player and it won't be long until you come 1st place.

Anyway lesson learnt and next tournament should run a hell of a lot better.
~Jei

Splice

Smash Hero
My Shoutouts:

Afro: Thanks for informing me about Stigma and inviting me along
Nixernator: If only you had played as Fox....
Tibz: Bad match-up for me to start with, but fun anyway.
Khoa: I thought I had your Diddy, but apparently you have mad skills... :laugh:
Ledge: Improved since I last saw you, Falco is a much better main for you than Lucario
Haydino: Great use of GaW Uair. Very... annoying. Must get better with it myself :chuckle:
Vermy: Enjoyed the Brawls, but loved the Melty Blood matches!
Tak: LOL at thinking the pools were best out of 3 and playing as Pikachu :laugh:
Elm: Thanks for coming along and playing Doubles with me
Jei and X: Thanks for Hosting :)

This was my first (proper) tournament and i really enjoyed it.
Hope to brawl you all again in April!

:gw:

Browny

Smash Hater
pfft shaya marth has multiple invincibility frame attacks what are you complaining about, other characters have it far worse vs the rock smash of doom :D

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
Dude, yesterday was awesome fun. With the power of hindsight I know that coffee comes before brawling, and that yoyo comes after when sonic presses 'B'.
It's official that I'm bringing my little set next time, so yeah.
And... is it too early for me to declare myself the local brawl scene's resident nutcase?

Shoutouts? (I don't know any names, except in special cases. I'm a very special case.)

Organising guy: Pools were a great idea, And the tournament was great fun. Thank you!
Yellow tank-top: You scare the hell outta me with those grenades, and Ness >>>>>>> Lucas.
Ness flavoured M-cap: Yeah, we really need that rematch! Feel the yoyo!
Guy who I ness dittoed: Epic fun matches! I look forward to playing you again!
Cao: So, When begins the dojo?
Awesome hair sonic user: You got me at the peak of my caffeiene hit. ;)
Small-in-stature GaW player: Holy ****, dude. Keep it up!
That guy who teams with devil: I'll get a few more hits in each time, I promise!!
Devil: 'Sup!
Sox: You were so quiet!
Fox users worldwide: I'm scared of you!
Everyone else: Thank you for putting up with me! It was an honour. :)

Vermy

Smash Champion
PT being low tier is the biggest trump card. Constantly being underestimated and people not having experience against good pt mainers gets me wins. PT is easily one of (if not the most) the most complex characters in brawl. If you win against 1, odds are another will take 1 and a half stock off you and pick up the slack.

SH rock smash,
Bullet seed
Squirtles utilt lock

All do 30% plus. PT is pro at building damage. This paired with a massive arsenal of kill moves makes PT awesome. He has flaws, but that's what makes him for the pros. =)
If sonic can come 2nd and tcranter's pt can come 2nd, that's not "blasphemy" its proof that tiers mean nothing to the individual.

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Ty Splice your G&W is good too
I noticed there were waaaaaaay more G&W this time. Last time I only saw 1 other game and watch. Its good i need the ditto practice ;D

@Cao thanks for destroying me in Doubles AND Singles your Peach is insane
@Devil we had a good match to bad about my stupid nooby SD :mad: wont happen next time

Also w00t for 5th in doubles

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Next tourney will be April 26th ya'll

OP updated (not much just the date change and minor tweaks) but you will probably notice the schedule no longer has lunch time. You've all been bad children and will not get a lunch time next month. Bad!

Nah I'm going to try to kick off Singles as soon as Doubles is finished to help things run quicker. Most people went off to get food between matches anyway. Just find a time during the tournament when you don't have to play for a little while (ahead in the bracket or knocked out already) if you find yourself hungry.

If we can pull this off then a low tier tournament can occur. I will try to use X's big-boy voice and the whiteboard to keep things going so try to frequently check the whiteboard for the upcoming event.

One last thing. Too many people played friendlies during the tournament and by the end of the day there were even 2 tv's taken up by Melee. This is a Brawl tournament and the tv's are for Brawl only.

Because the lunch break is being taken out I will allow a few friendlies to occur on a couple of conditions: If there isn't many matches going on, there will be a couple of free tv's. You can use that time to get a few friendlies in but you MUST report it to me. That way if a new match needs to be played I know what tv's are free for tournament matches instead of trying to guess who's playing a real match and who's playing friendlies.

Sorry for the long post.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah. So turned out in the rush to ctach my train I left my controller behind. If anyone has a new style controller with two z buttons and a turbo button, please PM me. It is really ****, but the alternative is ****ing terrible until i can find an old school one.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@jei: lol i was just teasing about the lol character thing. youd probs own me if you spammed more *phew* and im pretty sure i saw you playing melee haha

oh yeah, an example of awesome quality snake ditto-ness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmW1-jOAqs

one day i will play like that. one day...

@vermii: lucas > PT and everyone in high tier > lucas...

in general: im trying to get my hands on a gamebridge or similar so i can start recording matches properly. quality was horrible, very hard to see what's going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom