• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess we can arrange someone to drive to the station and back for people with TV's. Shouldn't be a problem.
man, that'd be one hell of a spine saver! =P
we can work something out on MSN a lil closer to go day.

oh, and throw me a PM if you want my msn... although, i think i mighta posted it a couple weeks back for the mailing list.

either way, dis gawna be gewd!

tibs7

Smash Champion
this tourney sounds awesome im coming :)
and ill bring bryan and my brother

might be able to take a wii.....not to sure tho

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if there's money prizes for teams and cobalt wants to team with me which he does i will come

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Can't let you do that douche' ***.

I might be having drinks the night before...

I kinda planned things ... wrong. And Sydney's coming that weekend so I'm thinking she'll have to endure the madness for the day.

Jesus this was bad timing.

In any case I'll have to get something happenin' so Saturday night is prolly the go, right?

I assumed you'd drink at my place and we might drive there (or Arun might).

ah okay well if you have that planned already then do that, ill get jack to take me if he doesnt have anything planned. If he cant take me i guess ill have to do a last resort which is ask nanna xD

hopefully i can just get there without troubles x3 lol

i should start playing brawl soonish so i can get some skill back, ive neglected it for a couple of weeks x.x lol

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Why is Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Skyworld and [glorious] Spear Pillar banned? They should be counter-picks! They should be no problem for team-battles too.

Vermy

Smash Champion
SKyworld and Big blue are "I'm fighting to stay alive on this stage, not from the player" kind of stage.

Eldin almost encourages stalling. Matches run into their time limit more often than not. And Falco is near unstoppable on this stage.

Spear pillar? Seriously? Cresselia kils EVERYTHING.
And the bottom level is almost as bad as the bottom half of Hyrule.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Also, on skyworld Sammy can jab>stage spike on most of the cast from about 45%-->

_X_

Smash Lord
Stage list will most likely stay as posted for this monthly, so we can all stop complaining for now.

However - any actually constructive comments are more than welcome and we will accommodate the opinions of the community respectively.

@Vermy: Edit next time, try not to double post.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
lol x the moderator. stage list i reckon is fine also, just saddened still by the absence of shadow moses but i can accept why its not there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'd assume i'd be right too, since I read the schedule on the first post. :)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
First post says

Singles Tournament: 11.00-3.00pm
One-hour lunch break*: 3.00pm-4.00pm
Doubles Tournament: 4.00pm-7.00pm
If Jei does chooses to switch singles and doubles, I'll be arriving later.

or not at all

Edit:I shouldn't have said that last part. Jei will definitely switch them now XD

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Oh snap....you're right.

I'll switch them now but then I'll have to somehow alert the people who don't visit this site =[
troublesome lulz

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Did you say switching doubles and singles? Sweet, I'll make singles then.
Also do we need to have a partner for doubles organised? I know no-one who is good at smash. Also is it going to be a low tier tourney?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
not a low tier tourney
all characters are allowed (cept maybe meta idk)

doubles teams are usually made on the day, and there's always people who dun have teammates who pair up etc

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
What the flux?
I edit something at an internet cafe and everything just deletes on me...
Does ANYONE have the full first post so I can just copy all the info from that?

FYI Metaknight is not banned, disregard the first post as it is at the moment, all characters will be playable, I'll get that op fixed up as soon as I have time.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Wew the first post has been fixed.

Cobalt: lol I just realized what you said. I didn't change it because of what you said, I prefer you coming to tournaments, makes the day better overall. I changed it because doubles should be first at any tournament. It's just better that way.

Anyway...all the info is back up.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
heh, i never liked the 300% thing, like, 5 grabs or 100% seems more fair, but ah well *shrugs* guess it just forces everyone to avoid that grab like the plague

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
I don't like it either. I always thought 5 grabs with no grab -> spike was good.
But meh, not that big a deal. Just more dodging. =)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yer I don't like Castle Siege neither but if I remove that then I will either have to replace it with a different stage or remove another stage as well as Castle Siege to keep the Starters at an odd number (SBR rules, I don't know why it's important except for tournaments with the stage strike system.)
I can suggest taking Castle Siege out and replacing with Jungle Japes or Corneria. That or removing Castle Siege and also something like Lylat Cruise or Halberd...comments?

As for the IC's, I want to keep it at the 5 grab limit (or the 100% isn't a bad idea) but we'll see how the 300% rule works at the first tourney. I guess if it's being abused then I will be forced to limit it.

_X_

Smash Lord
screw sbr, just remove castle gaysecks imo
jei n x rules rite
Yeah but, collectively, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that SBR have run more events then Jei and myself. They should know what's up.

But on the other hand, yeah, we're calling the shots I guess. There's no real reason that Australia can't be setting the standard instead of following the American'(?)s once again.

How do people actually fell about Castle Siege?

Oh and Jei, feel free to post my info on the front page, most people have it already anyhow.

Email: jesse.ryan.olver@gmail.com
Phone: 0401932000
Turn ons: Holding hand, talking, platonic relationships.
Turn offs: Not Dekar ; )

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
If I get just a few people's negative opinions on Castle Gayse....Siege, then I will move it to the counterpick list. But I don't want to move it just because Dekar says so, he is known to smoke from the crack-pipe.

Ahh Dekz those were the days.

X I added your details. Anything else to add?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
If you need to get rid of 2 stages to keep an odd number of starters, then you can throw Castle Siege into Counterpicks with Delfino Plaza. Delfino is similar to Castle Siege where the stage changes often. Along with that, Delfino has walk-off edges which makes killing easy for chaingrabbers (i.e. DDD) and it has walls for d-tilt traps.

Corneria: Personally I love this stage. It's my best counterpick but I still believe that it should be banned. The main reason is because of camping. Get a character that can move along the ground (or through the air) quickly and that has a projectile and you have your winner.

Pokemon Stadium 2: This is one of those lol stages. I've never seen anyone counterpick with it. Just my thoughts about it. Not saying it should be banned or anything :p

Shadow Moses: You're surrounded by two walls that go to infinity. This is a very easy stage for ICs to kill their opponents without going over their chaingrab limit as well. "If the walls are a problem, then just break them down". Sounds fair enough. Right? Never mind it doesn't. To break the walls means you have to attack them making your own attacks weaker. Also it takes time to break them down. But heck let's say you're Isai and can break them with one hit, then you have another problem.....walk-off edges. I think you got the point or need I say more?

Mario Circuit: Camping. Camping. Camping. Also did I mention this stage is good for camping? Wait at the edge of the stage and your opponents will have a very difficult time approaching you. The platform on top of you (at the left and right sides of the stage) prevent your opponent from approaching from above. A character like Falco can abuse this stage too easily. Projectiles + reflector. If you attack him and you get shieldgrabbed, Falco can do a reverse chaingrab and kill you without breaking a sweat. Also a broken stage for ICs, Pit, DeKar, Snake, and Olimar.

That's all from me for tonight. I need to sleep. More info tomorrow if necessary.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yay finnaly got my power back! its been out for like 6 days since the fires got near my house >.>

I know this is waaaaay off topic but is everyone alright from the fires? =s we were close to loosing everything =/ im like 5 minutes away from kinglake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom