• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Robocop (Congratulations to M2K/Hall/CAO/Tedeth and many more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.D

Smash Master
man that suuucks. I feel epic sorry for SD and SP. If I was there I would money match them too and give them the money :(

Maybe next year instead of sponsoring someone to come and take all our money we can just add the money to the tournament to make sure we get all of our bro's there.

Or sponsor SS.
I'm more upset that Rob won't be there than about missing my flight :(

Yeah so as Cao said me and SP were very unfortunate this morning - a 2 vehicle collision held up traffic between Gladstone and Rocky for up to an hour and a half each way, which resulted in us being 10 minutes late to the check in counter. Tiger's strict conditions about check in meant they wouldn't allow us to board (despite my tantrum lol). Booked new flights with Virgin for $600ish meaning my total output on flights for this event are roughly equivalent to M2K's flights to Australia >.< Funny how things work out...

Anyway gaiz just posting to say I don't want people to bail me out, I would have spent that money on getting my car fixed if I hadn't done some work on it myself to pass rego so I'm no worse off than I expected to be a week or two ago - SP may be a better candidate for financial help though as he is a student.

Anyway, I'll now be arriving in Melbourne around 6pm tonight so hopefully I will see some of you then <3

Thanks Cao for helping us out thismorning I really appreciate it.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
man that suuucks. I feel epic sorry for SD and SP. If I was there I would money match them too and give them the money :(

Maybe next year instead of sponsoring someone to come and take all our money we can just add the money to the tournament to make sure we get all of our bro's there.

Or sponsor SS.
spot on bro, spot on

Zero

Smash Hero
Other half of Perth peeps are landing at around 6 am on Friday, will hopefully be joining in on dodgeball but then don't really know what we're doing from there. Would like to go to a smash fest if possible.
read gdsfsad

Update of this Friday's schedule for everyone! Be ON TIME PLEASE!

THE ROBOCOP PRE-PARTY - DAY ZERO INFORMATION

Day Zero (Friday) will feature a bevy of social events for Smashers to meet up and basically own this town for a day.

EVENT A: DODGEBALL (FRIDAY, 1.00PM)

Dodgeball: Meet at Flinders Street Station under the clocks at 1pm Friday. To avoid the abrupt disappointments of Dodgeball last year, we will have a FFA event, with the sole survivor winning a free pair of their very own designed Converse Chucks to fit, imported from Venice Beach, California! (Value excl. shipping @ $99)

You can submit any design to the guys from The Ave Venice, even all your favourite Smash characters!

EVENT A2: NINTENDO EXPERIENCE BRAWL TOURNAMENT, EB SWANSTON STREET (FRIDAY, 3PM)
http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=332&pageID=6

EVENT B: ROBOCOP DINNER PARTY (FRIDAY, 6PM)

Dinner: +39 Pizzeria & Degustation. We'll be heading here right after the Nintendo competition. It's moderately priced, about $20-$25 would be all that's needed for a good dinner with drinks (there are good vegetarian options here as well). I will need to gauge attendance for this in order to make an accurate reservation, so if you plan on coming along, give me some indication that you will be attending. In any case, I will make a provisional reservation for 20 people, but I will expand that if I get more confirmations from people.

EVENT C: ROBOCOP BAR HOPPING (FRIDAY, 8PM) -- OR,
EVENT D: VARIOUS SMASHFESTS TAKING PLACE THROUGHOUT THE CITY

After dinner you have two options. You're either:
EVENT C) Probably wanting to play some Smash -- there are planned Smashfests by various folks right after the dinner, or
EVENT D) Probably wanting to sample Melbourne's best known drinking institutions.

Redact will be hosting a Smashfest, but I will be acting as a guide to show visitors and drink/social-happy Smashers some of my favourite drinking holes (+18 only). The bar hopping tour will include the following bars, possibly more (all being free entry):

- The Melbourne Supper Club
- Berlin Bar
- The Croft Institute
- Section 8
- The Rooftop Cinema

This is likely to end at 10PM.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Did you post in the thread about Schedule changes when they were being discussed to say that it would affect you?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
As long as billy signs you up, you should be able to continue playing from losers bracket if you miss the first set.

fantanoice

Smash Cadet
I agree, but who is to stop anyone in Jason's network from posting anything said elsewhere? The responsibility still falls on your shoulders. If you want control more over your privacy, don't use Facebook. Plain and simple.

Take this to PM, if you want to. But don't discuss it further here.
Or use the privacy settings. That's what that little padlock thing is for. Herp derp.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
FFFFFFFFFFFffff not gonna be able to make it to dodgeball or EB tournament. Stupid work.
I'll be at the dinner though so you can all bask in my glorious presence then.

I was aiming to win dodgeball too :(

L0ki

Smash Cadet
Oh, I forgot to mention, we reprinted a bunch of the passes so everyones pass should have the correct Smash timetable on them now. (apart from Staff passes, but you guys get a competitor one too)

CAO, I didn't get a chance to print those station signs for you though as you never sent me the high res poster.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Sorry, but my question never got answered before.

Anyway, just a question regarding the setep for the tvs and consoles. Can I just bring my stuff in around lunchtime and drop it off in the room we're holding the tournament? I'd rather not carry a heavy bag containing my wii and cube around the city all day ;(
Would like some feedback if somebody doesn't mind...

L0ki

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but my question never got answered before.

Would like some feedback if somebody doesn't mind...
Do you mean on Friday?
Zan and I will be there from about 2pm, so any time after that you're welcome to drop stuff off.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Fark having work today.

Will rage hard if everyone in my team is a 'tard and doesn't pull their weight so we can leave early.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Today's schedule:

1PM-2.30PM = MEET AT FLINDERS ST STATION STATION, UNDER THE CLOCKS, SHARP, FOR DODGEBALL!

3PM-6PM = NINTENDO/EB SWANSTON SSBB TOURNAMENT (Bring non-HBC Wii setups and controllers)

6PM-9PM = CQ VENUE SETUP and DINNER

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
So... I payed online and everything (Entry and Smash), but nothing got mailed to me or whatever, what does that mean?

I still have the receipt...
do you mean mail as in post mail? because nothing gets sent through that

nor does anything happen with email, at least from as far as i know nothing happens

you just rock up on the day and tell them your name, ezpz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom