• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Someone knows if Sam and Max have MDL0's?
Both of them (the Wii version) [not the pc one]

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have a model that I used Fortwaffles hexing programs on that Im using in a stage that can randomly freeze the game halfway through a match. Any ideas to fix this?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey I have a model that I used Fortwaffles hexing programs on that Im using in a stage that can randomly freeze the game halfway through a match. Any ideas to fix this?
Which model, and from what game? I know that some models need additional/proper fixes for them, like the ones from Mario Sports Mix or TMNT: Smash-Up (which I still haven't mentioned how to fix yet...).

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Can someone resend me Leanardo.

all my drives got corrupted. and so all my projects were "deleted"

besides i can make it better this time. i just need to find a character that doesn't have as many bones as him. that bone adder program really screws things up.

Oh and a Rathalos/ with a few of his animations. (it's needed for a finalsmash.)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Can someone resend me Leanardo.

all my drives got corrupted. and so all my projects were "deleted"

besides i can make it better this time. i just need to find a character that doesn't have as many bones as him. that bone adder program really screws things up.

Oh and a Rathalos/ with a few of his animations. (it's needed for a finalsmash.)
I'll re-send Leonardo to ya in a bit.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why is the memory dump of Judgement I made so big?? It's 976 MB.

Does it always vary in size?

Anyway, I'm trying to see if the Eighting games use Chr0 for characers(They use it for everything else) but compressed in the .mot file like Mario Sports Mix.

BTW, Eighting Developed CV Judgement as well as TVC and the Naruto games and well...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BsnHyIhhKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kudEstyzM

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Sorry I've been away from the scene for a while. Hey, RTB, if you have Master Splinter and animations, can you send those? My programs arnt the best considering I could only code for game maker and GBA, but... its still a bit helpful :p lol

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Which model, and from what game? I know that some models need additional/proper fixes for them, like the ones from Mario Sports Mix or TMNT: Smash-Up (which I still haven't mentioned how to fix yet...).
Well its a model from Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic games. The model is from the Good Egg Galaxy course and is basically just a bunch of rocks. It can freeze mid-way through the match for no apparent reason.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How do you get models from a WiiWare .wad?

Or in fact, how do you do anything with WiiWare games? I've never taken models out of a game before, only gotten them from other people. =/

dark sonic 15

Smash Journeyman
i found out whats happened AnmTexSrt hade no name i named it textures and it fix it now it lets me save
and export the model now

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Is there a way to resize him without using animations or PSA?(What I used in this Pic)
Using PSA causes collision detections to mess up big time.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I've seen that Inazuma Eleven Strikers has got Mdl0 archives compressed in a single .bin, but, strangely, Brres are kinda corrupted. I've been trying simple hexing, and all I got is some Folders showing there, but with larges, and I mean really larges names like, well, you can imagine. Can someone, please, put a solution to this if it's possible? All the clues I got now are that it has to be related with the folders that contains everything, but no more.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I've gotten as far as getting the brres files out of Bomberman Blast, but that's it. I'm really confused on what to do next. I can open the brres in BrawlBox to look at the textures, but the model doesn't work, and I don't get what I'm supposed to be doing to it. There are so many programs in the first post for different purposes, and some of the "automatic" ones don't seem to be doing anything, so either I'm not doing it right or you have to do something special to Bomberman Blast's files.

There's not much information in this topic about that game specifically, but at least one person managed to successfully get a model into Brawl, so that's why I haven't given up hope yet. But I'd appreciate some guidance.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I've seen that Inazuma Eleven Strikers has got Mdl0 archives compressed in a single .bin, but, strangely, Brres are kinda corrupted. I've been trying simple hexing, and all I got is some Folders showing there, but with larges, and I mean really larges names like, well, you can imagine. Can someone, please, put a solution to this if it's possible? All the clues I got now are that it has to be related with the folders that contains everything, but no more.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Memory dumps work fine with the game, but there are three problems:

1. The models are really tiny.
2. Trying to find a specific thing in the memory dump is difficult.
3. Their heads are separate from their bodies, like the ones from Mario & Sonic.

But it does use MDL0, for sures on that, so I'll add it to the first post.

I've gotten as far as getting the brres files out of Bomberman Blast, but that's it. I'm really confused on what to do next. I can open the brres in BrawlBox to look at the textures, but the model doesn't work, and I don't get what I'm supposed to be doing to it. There are so many programs in the first post for different purposes, and some of the "automatic" ones don't seem to be doing anything, so either I'm not doing it right or you have to do something special to Bomberman Blast's files.

There's not much information in this topic about that game specifically, but at least one person managed to successfully get a model into Brawl, so that's why I haven't given up hope yet. But I'd appreciate some guidance.
Drag-and-drop the BRRES files onto LZ77Ex to decompress them, or use the Wii-LZSS script for QuickBMS. Either one works.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I see what you mean. Memory dumps work fine with the game, but there are three problems:

1. The models are really tiny.
2. Trying to find a specific thing in the memory dump is difficult.
3. Their heads are separate from their bodies, like the ones from Mario & Sonic.

But it does use MDL0, for sures on that, so I'll add it to the first post.
Sorry for laming and for being noobish, but, could you please tell me how to Memory Dump?
I'm planning on doing some IE characters, and I need to know how to extract them, so please...

EDIT: I've found in one of yout previous post how to, anyway, thanks.
EDIT2: Okay, now or I'm a stupid person, or it's just my PC that doesn't want this to work, because after doing memory dump and hexing the brres out from the dump, it still gives me the same error as extracting directly from the .bin, so, in other words, if you could teach me how to don't be a stupid, I'll be thankful.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey there guys I'm in need of a Semi-Truck? Or at least a large car/vehicle that I can vertex into one...I've already tried the Cargo Truck from Umbrella Chronicles.
-Omni

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Worms: Battle Islands does not carry the sacred MDL0...

Question asvell, why do only some of the models in Wario Ware: Smooth moves work?
i was trying to extract the OOT Link model from it and it wont show up and it gives me an error, but the bones show. And the Temple of time room works perfect.

None of these were edited in the slightest, literally i didn't even use the model porter, i just opened them and some worked

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Worthwhile double-post.

Wow. Even Trackmania: Build to Race / Trackmania Wii has MDL0.

And don't mind the tires -- the textures are stored in a separate file, and I forced the BRRESViewer to display the primary textures only.

...Too bad they didn't accidentally leave the MDL0 compiler in there along with everything else. That would have been awesome.
Awesome.
Imagine edit F-Zero stage for Island environment?

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey Random do you think you can PM me on kitty corp regarding some broken Wario Ware models? My username is SmashHackers

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Can someone check "Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road Victory"? It says it was developed by 8ing on Wikipedia.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Can someone check "Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road Victory"? It says it was developed by 8ing on Wikipedia.
Good news and bad news. Good news -- it does! Bad news...

Seems like the heads and bodies are separate for the models...

(EDIT: Only for the main characters, it seems. Found a bunch in DATA04.RSP, and the NPCs are in one piece. Monsters are in DATA08.RSP.)

And on another (not-surprising) note, Wii Play: Motion also uses MDL0.

Hey Random do you think you can PM me on kitty corp regarding some broken Wario Ware models? My username is SmashHackers
I'll take a look. I've heard that Wario Ware models don't always work properly. Could be because they're "version 8" MDL0 files? Wonder what the differences are...?

Top Bottom