• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
it techinically works.

i did the same things for a Byakuya model. it worked only half as well..

one side had horribly stretched. i mean the knee was all the way uptop and his arm was all overthe place.

but if you fix the model i think, you can do it.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
if we CAN take mdl)'s form the 3ds, and maybe the Wii U, we oculd get characters form teh new ssb game adn put them in brawl and vice versa
No guarantees that the 3DS or WiiU will use the same model format as the Wii. I mean, look at the DS's MDL0 -- it's nowhere near being the same MDL0 format.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I mean, look at the DS's MDL0 -- it's nowhere near being the same MDL0 format.
it's another model format with the extension of MDL0

all of nintendo's systems use the same data format...
they just have to be deciphered...

the trickiest by far is melee's DAT format...

srs... we should have more than 2- wait... 1 person working on the format >:O

everyone who used to work on melee has given up on it...
I'm the only one left... and I'm quite lonely :c

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Is there any special hexing needed to get Pokepark Wii Mdl0s working without freezing???

I tried using the header fix and it displays fine in Brawlbox, but it froze my game.

I tried using the other 2 fixes for the .brres and the game froze.

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
Is there any special hexing needed to get Pokepark Wii Mdl0s working without freezing???

I tried using the header fix and it displays fine in Brawlbox, but it froze my game.

im able to get the pokepark wii models working fine (pokemons that is... i cant even find the stages in the iso)

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Pokepark uses v11 MDL0's...

Header Fix won't garuntee the mdl0 working, because it doesn't convert every aspect of the MDL0 >_>

eg: the string offsets are wierd for v11 MDL0's...
they offset to way after the end of the file :/

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet

Are you using Fortwaffles's Programs?
If so, have you tried using my program? There's a link in the first post.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sorry for the delay.
Tried that program too. Game still froze.

Oddly enough, borrowing Pokepark Mdl0s from other stages works. :(

Pity since I have a batch of unpatched brres of ALL the Pokepark Pokes, many of which I plan to use in the stage, like Primeape.

Also, changing the texture reference of the specular textures to TShadow1 didn't add shadows, despite the fact that the specular textures have the same format as TShadow1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tblkj7dljaatool
Can you people help me?

Can someone get this model to not freeze the game? I don't need the animations.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
TopN? The names of the bone shouldn't matter since I'm trying to use it in a stage.

The other models that I borrowed from Lensho's stages work and the Root bone is that name of the Pokemon.

mariodk

Smash Ace
i got a idea how to make imported Chars. to use the same animations as a Char. Brawl
just rename bones like rename left arm bone same name as a Brawl Char. and fix the animation for the model

i wanted to know if it will work?
so i can do it for Kid Goku import with Lucas´s Animations and make animation for the tail only
ok i just tried that out for Kid goku
the animations of Lucas was working but the model looks weird even after i have fixed animations for the model
so my idea not really worked :(

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
Sorry for the delay.
Tried that program too. Game still froze.

Oddly enough, borrowing Pokepark Mdl0s from other stages works. :(

Pity since I have a batch of unpatched brres of ALL the Pokepark Pokes, many of which I plan to use in the stage, like Primeape.

Also, changing the texture reference of the specular textures to TShadow1 didn't add shadows, despite the fact that the specular textures have the same format as TShadow1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tblkj7dljaatool
Can you people help me?

Can someone get this model to not freeze the game? I don't need the animations.
hmm odd, cause when i use fortwaffles programs, it makes my pokepark wii models work, but using forohforerrors makes it freeze for me.. not really sure Y... =/

sith12345

Smash Rookie
What do I do if the game has .bin character files, like Tales of Symphonia 2? Is there a way to get the .mdl0 files from .bin ones?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
You have to use an hex editor and extract the model yourself. Unfortunately, most of the time, the model will need to be fixed, because its bone tree will be screwed up, and I along with some person, are still waiting for a tutorial that explain how to fix a Tos 2 bone tree screwed up...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I bumped this to let you know I re-obtained the archives that the Pokes are in. I should be able to extract the brres which has the Poke I want without issues. Now how do I fix it to work in Brawl?

Edit: I got Primeape working.

Now I just need a Japanese to English Pokemon name reference sheet.

jellyfishjosh

Smash Rookie
That's the new Pac-Man for ya. I actually don't mind his new design (and I personally say that it's more like Pac-Man Jr., especially because of his voice).
hey can you give me the pac-man model please :cool: put it on media fire because im gonna port it over king dedede:dedede: or luigi:luigi2: or gannon dorf:ganondorf: or wario wait. good idea over wario final smash (power pelit).:warioc::wario: and thats pac-man in the past :bee:

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
anyone here know how the primitive matrices work??
('20', '28', '30', and '38')

I'm trying to work on a better DisplayList function for my converter and I need to know what to do with them... >_>

I'm already looking into Kryal's code as well as Pharrox's
Will's doesn't do anything with them (just skipps them)

and the SDK is just as much ballz to figure out as Kryal's code DX

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey a quick question: Do you know what compression Namco Museum Megamix uses sort of? Like have you actually extracted any .brres or MDL0's yet?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Just a update on which games I've found that use MDL0:

- Art Style: Cubello [US/EUR] / Cubeleo [JP]
- Art Style: Light Trax [US/EUR] / Dot Stream [JP]
- Art Style: Orbient [US/EUR] / Orbital [JP]
- Art Style: Rotohex [US/EUR] / Dialhex [JP]
- Art Style: Rotozoa [US/JP] / Penta Tentacles [EUR]
- Cooking Mama: Cook Off (double-confirmation -- only had "Cooking Mama" on the first post)
- Cooking Mama: World Kitchen (likewise)
- Let's Tap!
- Puppy Luv (found this out by complete accident, when looking up "NintendoWare")

Not really much, but it's something.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I checked the Mario Super Sluggers ISO today, and have the following info...

1: Nearly everything is stored in a single .dat file. The only exceptions are the video files and sound files.

2: Ironically, for a game that has no MDL0 content, it does contain BRSTM files and a BRSAR file.

3: The game does have THP files.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
if not, then it may be similar to Melee's DAT files
Probably this, because there was absolutely no trace of there being "MDL0" or "BRES" or whatever in the memory dumps I've made, and with some textures being paletted segments of a full image (for example, Bowser and Bowser Jr. sharing one texture -- one palette works for Bowser, the other for Bowser Jr.) makes it not very likely, though.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I've ran into different file types containing the 'arc.' header before...

not sure what the file type was though...
I'll have to look again when I get my computer set up again... DX

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Probably this, because there was absolutely no trace of there being "MDL0" or "BRES" or whatever in the memory dumps I've made, and with some textures being paletted segments of a full image (for example, Bowser and Bowser Jr. sharing one texture -- one palette works for Bowser, the other for Bowser Jr.) makes it not very likely, though.
I did do some texture dumps from that game and noticed that dilemma myself. Unlike most other games, that one sure has a strange way with textures, but I guess it's partially related to texture data sizes; CI8 uses less memory than RGB5A3, but RGB5A3 doesn't require a palette (CI8 does).

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
well, i just went through Pandora no Tou: Kimi no Moto e Kaerumade (aka Pandora's Tower), and the field, and character files on the .iso is in .aar format. when extracted and viewed in HxD, there's signs of Node's and MeshId's... and their models r in .ams (ex: a_dis_1A.8.ams) and also in ALMS.

as for Arc Rise Fantasia... how exactly do i grab the models from the iso... if i see no .arc files.. >.<;

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Someone knows about extract SZP files? On luigi's mansion? (I know it's a GC game, but sometimes GC games have stuff which appears in other Wii games)

I was thinking: Bmdviewer can export to dae/obj (whatever ir model file), them it can be opened with 3dsMax 8, them, convert it on MDL0 (just like you guys do on vertex hacks)!
It's possible?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Someone knows about extract SZP files? On luigi's mansion? (I know it's a GC game, but sometimes GC games have stuff which appears in other Wii games)

I was thinking: Bmdviewer can export to dae/obj (whatever ir model file), them it can be opened with 3dsMax 8, them, convert it on MDL0 (just like you guys do on vertex hacks)!
It's possible?
first off, try every GCN game containing the same info as wii games XD

the only problem presented is the way of getting the data >_>

but yea...
so szp files huh...
fraid IDK how to extract them,
but you may be able to use another extension for them...

first off, what is the magic of the file??
(the first 4 bytes)

dan files from pokepark, I do believe,
contain 'arc.' as the magic...

IK Bomberman blast contains files with the 'arc.' magic

anyways... yea...

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
Tales of Graces (Japanese) MIGHT have MDL0's.... i exctracted a .CPK file, went through it in HxD, and i searched through it, and came across some MDL, CHR, SRT, TEX, and PAT extensions... not really quite sure how to get them.. since its all compressed i think.

im still lost on how to extract MDL0's from Arc Rise Fantasie ^^"

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Tales of Graces (Japanese) MIGHT have MDL0's.... i exctracted a .CPK file, went through it in HxD, and i searched through it, and came across some MDL, CHR, SRT, TEX, and PAT extensions... not really quite sure how to get them.. since its all compressed i think.

im still lost on how to extract MDL0's from Arc Rise Fantasie ^^"
Use the CPK extractor. It doesn't matter what files are in it, it'll extract them all. It even extracted a CPK that came in the 360 demo of Sonic Generations O_o

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Use the CPK extractor. It doesn't matter what files are in it, it'll extract them all. It even extracted a CPK that came in the 360 demo of Sonic Generations O_o
Yeah, CPK seems to be a common format if CriWare is involved in the compression. Doesn't mean that it will have MDL0s, though. (SD Gundam G Generation World has CPK, but no MDL0s at all, being a 2D game and all, for example.)

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
i had no clue there was a CPK extractor o.o (checks OP)

*facepalm* y the hell havent i seen that... i wonder wat it'll give me...

Yeah, CPK seems to be a common format if CriWare is involved in the compression. Doesn't mean that it will have MDL0s, though. (SD Gundam G Generation World has CPK, but no MDL0s at all, being a 2D game and all, for example.)
oh RTB... i was wondering... would u be able to extract the model of the first stage for me from Arc Rise Fantasia? (where u battle the Wyvern on a flying air ship).. i want to make that as a stage... also some wyverns in the background also... i sense a great stage in the making if i can get a hold of that

Edit: ok, i can NOW announce that Tales of Graces has no MDL0's at all. all the models r in .MAP format, and the textures r in .TEX, and animations r in .ANI & in .CHR... there's some .AI files tho...

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
DSX8, .AI sounds like AI behavior for enemies...
...or, adobe illustrator uses .ai, but that's not what it likely is...

Top Bottom