• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Sorry to be a little buggy, but has anyone taken a look at Godzilla: Unleashed yet. I would do it myself, but [john]I don't think my disk drive can read Wii Discs and I don't like torrents.[/john]

Plus the thought of Godzilla being playable tickles me.
I took a look at G:U's files (being a huge Godzilla Fan myself), but they're in .bdg format. So until we find out how to extract those, we're stuck.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
No one has sent me any files.
So yeah. I haven't done anything yet.
Alright, its going to be a while, but I'll get you the files. I have to hex one first, though. (Or, someone who has already hexed them could save Dantarion [and me] a lot of time and just send him your files [its not very hard, just go to your uploading site and hit upload files].)

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
hey someone's gotta start animating :p
not impressive but it's a start
work on it later for now im shoveling snow :(

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I already sent Danty a non-hexed one. ;-;

Hrm, can't figure this out ;_; ds22, could you hex up BJ's model from NSMBW for meh? I got it working in BBox, I just can't figure out how to do steps 8 and on.

Also, what about the CHR0s? Some models come with them; can we use them?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
The second I saw this, I literally needed new pants. I tried making Zero from TvC but I failed at the importing part. I'm sure I did it correctly, as I've had no problems getting the model to work in Brawl Box, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated, over MSN if possible (GokuSSJ15@live.com). Also, not to offend you, RandomTBush, I actually congratulate you for your efforts, but could you make the tutorial a bit clearer? A few people I know didn't understand how to do it, myself included (Took me a bit of common sense to understand a minor thing, and had to restart a step because the way you said it confused me). It's still really good and I understand it, but it would be better if there was a step for each minor thing, for ******** people. :p

Oh and, would it be possible to put Zero on Link? That's mainly my goal, to fit the awesome moveset by Eldiran (Also making a stage to go with it). I don't want Zero running like a ******** mouse with electricity, or having Pikmins follow him. D:

I'd also like if anyone could send me a file that they have made, so I could take a few looks into it.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
The second I saw this, I literally needed new pants. I tried making Zero from TvC but I failed at the importing part. I'm sure I did it correctly, as I've had no problems getting the model to work in Brawl Box, but I'm not sure what I did wrong.
I'm also working on Zero, and I can't get past the definitions header editing. Once I add the FF bytes, it stops working in BrawlBox. Is that your problem as well? I've encountered the same issue with Ryu.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm also working on Zero, and I can't get past the materials header editing. Once I add the FF bytes, it stops working in BrawlBox. Is that your problem as well? I've encountered the same issue with Ryu.
My issue is that when trying to preview the imported model, I see a glimpse of the error for a split second, then it crashes.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
My issue is that when trying to preview the imported model, I see a glimpse of the error for a split second, then it crashes.
BrawlBox wasn't designed to open files from other games, so there could be a lot of complications, plus that fact that I'm sure each game has a different version of MDL0, and so I think there would need to be a different tutorial for each game. I could be wrong, but that's my theory.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
BrawlBox wasn't designed to open files from other games, so there could be a lot of complications, plus that fact that I'm sure each game has a different version of MDL0, and so I think there would need to be a different tutorial for each game. I could be wrong, but that's my theory.
I know how to get the model to show, but the problem is that after I've edited it in hex, with RandomTBush's tutorial, it stopped working.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I know how to get the model to show, but the problem is that after I've edited it in hex, with RandomTBush's tutorial, it stopped working.
Again, this is also my issue. The tutorial clearly showing him opening up the model after hexing it to demonstrate how some information had been moved around and why it caused crashes in game.

Here is the Bowser Jr. model component tree working after the hexing is done.

After the editing, attempting to view the model (or its component tree, in my case) results in a crash of BB.

In any case, it would seem there may be exceptions to this conversion method. RandomTBush may have to look at it himself.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, he did get Roll to work, so why wouldn't Zero work? Maybe he did it in another way.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Yessssssss!

If you could, please PM me and Dantarion the modified and unmodified Zero model files!
Dantarion has the files he needs, just so you know.

Don't. Quote. Pictures. D:

At step 8 I convert -8860 to hex and get FFFFFFFFFDD64. D: Is that right?
Dial up? Anyway, I don't think that's right, because I converted that to decimal and got 4503599627361636.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
ds22, I love you. May I please get a hand on it? And if possible, tell me what I did wrong?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'm following what TBush did with BJ but my offsets, even when aligned properly, look nothing like his. At 22D0 he has a line of 0000 where I'd have a line of multiple different characters. ;_;

EDIT: Oh fff. My bad. I had the .brres opened instead of the MDL0. -_-

shock44

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys I call dibs on Klonoa. Cuz I'm working on him now. When I get his bones working right I'll post pictures.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hmm, I made the rim_t texture transparent, an in-game, Zero steals any nearby texture, and on certain animations, such as touching the ground, he changes into these giant glitches of textures and lags the game. Plus, his Z-Saber is always out, or is that a PSA effect? Or maybe both. o.o

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Anyone want to try editing the size of fitsoandsoSHD.mdl0 to try and get collisions working?

ds22

Smash Lord
Hmm, I made the rim_t texture transparent, an in-game, Zero steals any nearby texture, and on certain animations, such as touching the ground, he changes into these giant glitches of textures and lags the game. Plus, his Z-Saber is always out, or is that a PSA effect? Or maybe both. o.o
Stage affected.
Try loading him in Battlefield or Smashville.
Got the same glitches with the Naruto Model when I loaded him in Delfino Plaza.

Top Bottom