• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
@RandomTBush, I found something in ichigo's file from bleach vs crusade. I opened it for hexing and pretty far down it says CHR0. several different times throughout the file thereon. Does that mean I can port the animations for him?
Probably, but I believe the CHR0s need their headers re-arranged, too.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know where to find the MDL0 files for Mario and Sonic at the olympic winter games... I hate to ask but can someone pm me Silver the Hedgehogs model?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I need help with my Zero. Why doesn't he work on all stages? When he does work, there's this inky effect I mentioned earlier, but white. It also gets the glow from any move I do then keeps it until I die or do another move.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I need help with my Zero. Why doesn't he work on all stages? When he does work, there's this inky effect I mentioned earlier, but white. It also gets the glow from any move I do then keeps it until I die or do another move.
There is probably a texture that adds an odd glow on him because in Tatsunoko vs Capcom I noticed he does pick up a bit of stage shading from his glow.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
There is probably a texture that adds an odd glow on him because in Tatsunoko vs Capcom I noticed he does pick up a bit of stage shading from his glow.
Well, I did delete three of the four glow textures I found. I could try deleting the 4th one, too. It looks like a white circle on a black background.

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
Where do you get the TvC characters cause I want to put Ken the Eagle in brawl

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Dibs on Blowjob?
TBush, could you PM me BJ's model? I might as well ask for it since the automatic way is almost out :p
Okay, I've sent it to you.

I honestly don't know where to find the MDL0 files for Mario and Sonic at the olympic winter games... I hate to ask but can someone pm me Silver the Hedgehogs model?
I'll put his models together and send it to you later on.

As I said earlier, I'll look into why the materials are glitching up.

Well, I did delete three of the four glow textures I found. I could try deleting the 4th one, too. It looks like a white circle on a black background.
A white circle on a black background? Like this?

That's what I made fully transparent to remove the glow for Roll.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
A white circle on a black background? Like this?

That's what I made fully transparent to remove the glow for Roll.
Looks pretty similar to that, but mine is a smaller circle. Is that texture rim_t or something? If so, I already made that one transparent, but I then deleted it.

This one is called "tuya".

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Looks pretty similar to that, but mine is a smaller circle. Is that texture rim_t or something? If so, I already made that one transparent, but I then deleted it.

This one is called "tuya".
Hm. I didn't even modify that texture. I'll try with the Zero model I have. Send me the model you have and I'll take a look at it. (It'll be faster, since I'm busy with other things right now.)

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I am feeling ignored...

Anyways, can someone check the Mario Party 8 models for me if they are MDL0?

n64billy

Smash Ace
Did anyone do Blaziken already?
If not:
Would you be able to share that model with me? I managed to get Heatran working fine, but no matter what I try, I can't get the materials or polygons to work. The values that I need to re-arrange just are NOT there no matter where I look.

If not could you at least tell me how you got it working.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
As RandomTBush said, INCOMING TIDAL WAVE OF REPLIES!

but for some reason his texture colouring is off...
If anyone has ideas on why this is and on how to fix it, then give me a shout :)

*Sigh* Will people please listen to me this time, I really am tired of saying this (so I'll just copy-paste from earlier):

The texture problem does not only have to do with models from other games, we've seen a lot of that problem in the Fully New Character Archive. It has to do with something being named improperly in BrawlBox. Kryal said he fixed it, but it didn't seem to have worked. You can fix it manually though. (Check the OP of the Fully New Character Archive. [Which I am now going to abbreviate as FNCA])

I mentioned this to Kryal, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next BrawlBox.

He also mentionned he could put ANY model into Brawl, but he hasn't done anything in a few months.
Ah, and I thought that my friend's brother's friend was a crackhead. Now that I know this is true and wasn't just a lie, then I know exactly what to do.

You know, he's actually been asking for our help for ages, but nobody seems to have been listening to him.
A couple people have helped him now.

I provided stuff for him, didn't know what he wanted it for. o_0
He needed both the hexed and unhexed model so that he could compare them and have the batch file automatically do what needs to be done. As in, he checks that the unhexed Zero has _______ at offset _______, while the hexed Zero has _______ at the same offset, so he has the batch file automatically change _______ to _______ at offset _______, and so on and so forth for everything that needs to be done.

In short, he just needed the files so that he wouldn't have to hex them himself and then do what I said above.

-He had 2 parts to delete instead of 3, and i had to add 2 setts of FFFFFFFF instead of 3. So this may show up in other models as a heads up
You have now proved the point I have been trying to get through to people for a while now: Every game that has MDL0 format will most likely be a different version of it, just like Brawl and TvCs MDL0s, which means there will most likely need to be a different tutoral for each game.

so I'm making custom animations for EACH animation. Yes, you heard me.
In my opinion, that's what everyone should be doing for their characters. I really don't understand why anyone would use someone elses animations for their characters, unless for templates.

Dibs on Blowjob?
Whoa, there.​

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
He needed both the hexed and unhexed model so that he could compare them and have the batch file automatically do what needs to be done. As in, he checks that the unhexed Zero has _______ at offset _______, while the hexed Zero has _______ at the same offset, so he has the batch file automatically change _______ to _______ at offset _______, and so on and so forth for everything that needs to be done.

In short, he just needed the files so that he wouldn't have to hex them himself and then do what I said above.
I dont know, cuz the offset for one model isnt neccesarily the same for others. i dont know why he doesnt just use the guide to make the program...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late reply, RandomTBush, I didn't see you had edited your post. Sent it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I dont know, cuz the offset for one model isnt neccesarily the same for others. i dont know why he doesnt just use the guide to make the program...
I honestly did a horrible job of explaining that. Just think of it this way, would you rather take the time to hex the files yourself, test it in BrawlBox, fix the textures, test it in-game, and then make a program that does what you did, or would you rather get files that work, look at the two, and make the program?

n64billy

Smash Ace
*Sigh* Will people please listen to me this time, I really am tired of saying this (so I'll just copy-paste from earlier):

The texture problem does not only have to do with models from other games, we've seen a lot of that problem in the Fully New Character Archive. It has to do with something being named improperly in BrawlBox. Kryal said he fixed it, but it didn't seem to have worked. You can fix it manually though. (Check the OP of the Fully New Character Archive. [Which I am now going to abbreviate as FNCA])

I mentioned this to Kryal, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next BrawlBox.
Sorry about that... :dizzy:
I thought that this was just a problem with how the materials mixed with the lighting, and not the actual texture itself.
Thanks for that!

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, I've started making a video tutorial for the hexing of mdl0 files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0pXNouG9Q

Let me know if you guys think I should make the quality better because I didn't notice it was bad at first until I got done with the Tutorial. If you want me to redo it I will just let me know.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
No. Make his bone translations for his other frames (1-whatever) the same as the translations from frame zero
Wait a second. If I were to make all his frames be the same for his frame 0 zero, wouldn't that make him T-posed all the time. Which means I'd have to redo all the animations. Is that really what I have to do?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second. If I were to make all his frames be the same for his frame 0 zero, wouldn't that make him T-posed all the time. Which means I'd have to redo all the animations. Is that really what I have to do?
Assuming you can't extract the animations and have them work, then yes. As far as we can tell, animations would need adapting too.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay I need help on changing the BoneIndexs. I can't change them in Brawlbox and I am not sure how to do it in hex editing. I need someone to tell me how I would go about changing the bone indexes to match the ones in the original character using hex i guess would be the only way.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
ONLY do this for the bones that have the translations refferenced ONLY on frame one (so stuff like arms, and legs NOT HipN)

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, I've started making a video tutorial for the hexing of mdl0 files.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0pXNouG9Q

Let me know if you guys think I should make the quality better because I didn't notice it was bad at first until I got done with the Tutorial. If you want me to redo it I will just let me know.
Why, thank ya, suh. I haven't seen the tutorial yet, so no feedback as of now.

EDIT: Yeah, the tutorial's fine so far. No need to redo it.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
ONLY do this for the bones that have the translations refferenced ONLY on frame one (so stuff like arms, and legs NOT HipN)
So I would copy the translations from frame 0 from bones that don't have to do with his main body bones right? and put them on frame 1-whatever right?

Also I need help with the bone indexs, I'm not sure how to change those.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Well, I'm working on Robotnik's animations, and well, lets just say they will be so funny that you wont be able to concentrate

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm working on Robotnik's animations, and well, lets just say they will be so funny that you wont be able to concentrate
Alright when you have some time please tell me how to go about changing bone indexes. I will credit you in my post of the character. No rush by the way just when you have time.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Alright when you have some time please tell me how to go about changing bone indexes. I will credit you in my post of the character. No rush by the way just when you have time.
Yeah, open the mdl0 in hex editor, go to the bone's model offset, and a few bytes ahead should be the index. make sure you swap indexes, so you dont have duplicates
daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt
NiGHTS isnt looking promising with the fact that the models are faceing away from you when opened :( (it needs custom animations)

kailmanning

Smash Rookie
Has Anyone Hexed A Scizzor? I Have Been Trying for the life of me to even view it in brawlbox i have been following the guide perfectly... Is This Even Possible With Pokepark Wii Model Or maybe some kind of different method? if this has already been answered, then i apologize

n64billy

Smash Ace
Has Anyone Hexed A Scizzor? I Have Been Trying for the life of me to even view it in brawlbox i have been following the guide perfectly... Is This Even Possible With Pokepark Wii Model Or maybe some kind of different method? if this has already been answered, then i apologize
Already hexed it, but only has 24 or 26 bones (Can't remember which it was, but it was definetly one of those two) and if irc the minimum was 29? You'd be able to get him into Brawl, but not as a playable character.

Top Bottom