• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
@RandomTBush
do you can send me the metal sonic model please cause i dont know how to extract the models form mario and sonic

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna call dibs on anyone, mainly because I'm gonna be busy with other things. That, and a character I do want to make for Brawl I'll want to try importing myself. (That's why I want to figure out how the rigging works in MDL0s.)

@RandomTBush
do you can send me the metal sonic model please cause i dont know how to extract the models form mario and sonic
I'll send you its high-res model sometime tomorrow. I think I need some more sleep first... :x

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
You know, with all of the potential unlocked by RandomTBush, I think it's due time we came up with a "Needed" list, for characters a lot of people were dying to see playable. Hell, even without non-Brawl models it might be a good idea. I mean, people seem to have forgotten all about Ridley and Little Mac. xD

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
You know, with all of the potential unlocked by RandomTBush, I think it's due time we came up with a "Needed" list, for characters a lot of people were dying to see playable. Hell, even without non-Brawl models it might be a good idea. I mean, people seem to have forgotten all about Ridley and Little Mac. xD
You ever heard of the Fully New Character Archive? Ridley and Little Mac are both being worked on.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I never sed I'd animate them, or even work on them XD back on topic. eggman loads, but textures are screwed up, and he is halfway in the ground when walking
Then you would be preventing anyone from working on them therefore making your dips useless. Meh I'm just joking around though. I wasn't serious about my comment anyways.

Edit: So any other new on other characters?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Then you would be preventing anyone from working on them therefore making your dips useless. Meh I'm just joking around though. I wasn't serious about my comment anyways.
tis fine. lol i was just joking cuz everyone is dibbing characters. I may work on blair, but it's a shame she has to be on an alloy cuz she has like 35 bones

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
If everyone calls dibs this thread is going to be filled with spam and empty promises. D:

Suren

Smash Journeyman
If everyone calls dibs this thread is going to be filled with spam and empty promises. D:
You don't know who can't keep their promises though so don't doubt everyone. I actually plan on finishing my project once I get the character model.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I was more referring to the spam bit, but I wanted to sound like I wasn't backseat moderating. D:

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Yay, I succesfully ported animation. This should help me immensly.
This is nice to hear. Maybe you would like to share your work with the class? =3 -sits down like a hopeless student that will fail and never graduate-

Edit: What did you have to do to get the ported animations?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Here are the four CSPs I made for Zero, so far. I plan on doing Harpuia and Omega Zero next.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
This is nice to hear. Maybe you would like to share your work with the class? =3 -sits down like a hopeless student that will fail and never graduate-

Edit: What did you have to do to get the ported animations?
Those sneaky *******s hid the animation brres inside of the main brres for the character. It doesnt show up in BrawlBox though, at all, even if the character is functioning in-game. In a hexeditor, I searched for "bres", that went to the first one that had the mdl0 and textures. Then searched again for the next one. There was another one that I ingnored and will go back to, but I searched a third time, and there it was, another bres, and further down it said chr0. Delete everything before that bres that contained the animations. Save that, and if you open it in BB, it will show a bunch of chr0's with no names or animations that change. The number of frames will all also be the same for all of them. The unknowns are filled with random numbers, and the frame count is 0. If you get to there I will continue.( the game you take it from may not use chr0's for animations, in which case this will not work).

Here are the four CSPs I made for Zero, so far. I plan on doing Harpuia and Omega Zero next.
Those look awesome.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Those sneaky *******s hid the animation brres inside of the main brres for the character. It doesnt show up in BrawlBox though, at all, even if the character is functioning in-game. In a hexeditor, I searched for "bres", that went to the first one that had the mdl0 and textures. Then searched again for the next one. There was another one that I ingnored and will go back to, but I searched a third time, and there it was, another bres, and further down it said chr0. Delete everything before that bres that contained the animations. Save that, and if you open it in BB, it will show a bunch of chr0's with no names or animations that change. The number of frames will all also be the same for all of them. The unknowns are filled with random numbers, and the frame count is 0. If you get to there I will continue.( the game you take it from may not use chr0's for animations, in which case this will no work).
Well my project is Silver from the Winter Olympics and he does have a hand full of animations from what I've seen in the game. But I don't know how the animation system works for Winter Olympics so I'll have to find out when I get the file.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was fast. I was thinking of offering my help, but you've got it covered. X looks a bit awkward, but the others are awesome. Can't wait to see Omega...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I kinda got stuck on step 6. I am no genious when it comes to hexing, so if anyone would explain to me in an easy way what to do.

kailmanning

Smash Rookie
Already hexed it, but only has 24 or 26 bones (Can't remember which it was, but it was definetly one of those two) and if irc the minimum was 29? You'd be able to get him into Brawl, but not as a playable character.
Awww Man.... Thats Balls

Well, Scizors Out Of The Question..... How About Scyther Lol

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Already hexed it, but only has 24 or 26 bones (Can't remember which it was, but it was definetly one of those two) and if irc the minimum was 29? You'd be able to get him into Brawl, but not as a playable character.
Man, that sucks! Hitmonlee has 28 bones >.<

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Here's a hint for you guys:
rip the Spiderman model and his symbionte and normal suit.
Then swap Zelda with spiderman and Sheik with symbionte spiderman.
So that there would be a cool spiderman that can switch his suit, and maybe a Psa,when the normal spiderman has more combos,but is less powerfull than the Symbiote spiderman.

Anyway if someone can give me some models from Mario and sonic at the olympic games,it would be awesome.

n64billy

Smash Ace
dibs on dusknoir, darkrai and deoxys 8D
Dusknoir was already called, but doesn't have enough bones, and I swear that someone at ESH was already working on Deoxys.
EDIT: Not that you can't work on them, just saying...

------------

On a side note.... some of the models from PokePark Wii have a really random and annoying problem.... not all of them have the correct values to change for materials and polygons. So I can't try them out on anything since they're still not complete. Halp? :(

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Gengar - 16
Pichu - 16
Geodude - 20
Magikarp - 20
Scyther - 20
shaymin - 20
Sudowoodo - 20
Lapras - 21
Blastoise - 22
Scizzor - 23
Wailord - 23
Gyaradose - 24
Mawile - 24
Sableye - 24
Treeko - 25
Umbreon - 25
Aradactyl - 27
Hitmonlee - 27
Leafeon - 27
Meowth - 27
Raichu - 27
Abra - 28
Eevee - 28
Vaporeon - 28
Espeon - 29
Shaymin sky - 29
Shinx - 29

Flareon - 31
Salamance - 31
Deoxys - 35
Luxray - 35
Darkrai - 36

I felt like counting the bones of a couple poke park wii chars

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Why do all the good pokemon have to be on the red list :(
inorite? i wanted to use raichu so badly, but i'll settle for luxray. I left out the rotoms, prygonZ and duskull because i messed something up and was too lazy too look back

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Here's a hint for you guys:
rip the Spiderman model and his symbionte and normal suit.
Then swap Zelda with spiderman and Sheik with symbionte spiderman.
So that there would be a cool spiderman that can switch his suit, and maybe a Psa,when the normal spiderman has more combos,but is less powerfull than the Symbiote spiderman.

Anyway if someone can give me some models from Mario and sonic at the olympic games,it would be awesome.
Spiderman from what? :s Are you thinking of the Marvel Vs. Capcom series? Tatsunoko vs Capcom is different.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
RandomTBush
do you mind posting a download for that MoonViewHighway stage you posted a pic about a few posts back?

Top Bottom