• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I know that much but I know its some weird system where if for instance Im Johnny Cage, I input O or B (Xbox) if it comes in contact with my opponent and I input <- -> I do a shadow kick instantly.
there's something called negative edge where if you input the button and then the D-pad inputs it acts like you pressed the button last. So if you're sub zero and you press "x" and then "↓→" he'll still shoot the ice ball. It's stupid

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Zero is aweosme and Mega Man is amazing
Love your sig.

Melee sucks.
False.

Also, some people mm so they'll play at their best not because they're pressed over 5 bucks.
I agree with this.

Hello yalls, this is Rob from a few days ago at your MD/VA smashfest. I enjoyed our limited time together and felt I started playing really well after my few matches against Seagull Man (aka I was stealin his moves). I've got a few shouts for yall since I can't sleep.

Names are disregarded as you are classified by what characters I played of yours.

:wolf: :link:-You easily pounded me the hardest out of these guys. Maybe you blew your load on me before that tournamnet, but I feel you are on the road to being a top player in your area. I don't have any advice because, frankly, you should be giving me advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, I've got some. Don't wait at the Wendy's pick up line for 30 minutes when they refuse to answer the box :( I wanted some nuggets :(

:samus:-Thank you for hosting and for laughing at my dumb self for unplugging the wii and not knowing where my copy of brawl was and I'm sure various other subtle stupid things I did that amused you. I love the samus matchup, as I said, but you got me with a few tricks I wasn't expecting, like the super telegraphed spike and you hitting me with a fully charged blaster as I was spamming away with lasers and you SDI nairing out of my jab combo. Keep up the Samus, she's one of the top 3 most fun characters in brawl and I think it's cool you use her.

:rob:-Thank you for the hook up. Also, we had 2 really tight matches in our set that could have gone either way, sucks your controller wasn't working very well. You did help me prepare for the NC brawlers since all of them play :rob: and I got to test out some ideas i've had against him with you. We had a nice convo outside that I enjoyed and I definitly want to hang out again sometime :)

:lucario: :dk2:-I am glad I didn't know you were #1 on the PR because I went into our matches unphased and I think I did very well against you especially since I didn't even know Lucario was a character before the other day. You were very nice and respectful and a tough opponent. Your match as DK should have gone my way, but I just kept going for crazy stuff off stage because I have no idea how a real DK would play against me outside of an UBER-casual friend of mine. I should have shined your planking but B-air just seemed like such a good idea.

:falco: :metaknight: :snake:-GG's. You had a very different playstyle for each of your characters than I was used to. I don't know who your main is, but I felt each of these characters were about even of difficulty for me, which is something to be proud of, specifically your camping game with snake. Keep pressing on and maybe stick to 2 characters as I saw you playing as a few others against other people.

:marth: :metaknight:-I played you the most, fellow traveler, Mr. Florida. Marth vs Wolf is stupid especially since I'm a former Marth "main" and most of my pre-natal development was against a marth/sheik player so I really, really love that match up. You were using your shield breaker smarter than I've seen anyone use it, keep it up and work on your bair-into-fair spacing, that helps against Wolf and people with decent airspeed.

:gw:-Grabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE please!!!!!!!!!!! Game and watch has such a nasty tech-chase game and there were probably 5 times over the 8 minutes of gameplay we had that I just stood there, facing away from you, helpless, and you didn't grab This isn't melee where SG is a bad option because I can bair you before you can get your grab out, grab grab grab! Otherwise, nice GnW, you had a few sneaky nairs on me, that hitbox was in your favor, lol.

I didn't get to play :lucas: or the local :marth:, but I watched a few of your matches and I was pretty upset I didn't get to play you guys. Maybe someday if I can get back out.

FYI, if any of you come to a midwest tournament, let me know and I'll try and host/house for ya.

Peace!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
yesterday was fun. me, sin, lie, ps, aposl, gimr, seagull, and like 3 other guys i've never seen came in.

everyone finally told me i should just stick to being a MK/Falco main so im gonna bury the rest of the cast away cept for pulling out that occasional DDD on Noid :troll:

where is COT5 gonna be? i'mma really try to be there. for realzies this time. no gf johns.

also funniest moments of the night was Sin when we were all sweating like pigs. "yo my draws are SOAKED right now," and "omg my beard is drippin" lmao.

@PS: about our convo.

[yt]xaXtNQnt9f0[/yt]

vs.

[yt]OMj22AimBWw[/yt]

no johns. make it happen.

Omni

BRoomer
Alright. I'll definitely be at CoT5 then.

But yeah, you can tell Logic just folds under M2K's offensive pressure.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Maybe m2k just went super aggro because he just didn't care about this tourney unlike vs Brood where he is repping the U.S. and vs Rich Brown where he was supposed to be the favorite and the pressure was on him in those sets. In Logic's defense it's not like m2k has gotten less knowledge on the olimar mu since then.

Omni

BRoomer
Nah, Jason ***** Brood R1 like he did to Logic.

The difference is in R2 Brood started playing solid, making good reads, and punished M2K hard for being overly aggressive. Punishing an overaggressive MK makes him become much more cautious about getting in.

Also, M2K went in on Logic the last time they played as well.

:phone:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yesterday was fun. me, sin, lie, ps, aposl, gimr, seagull, and like 3 other guys i've never seen came in.

everyone finally told me i should just stick to being a MK/Falco main so im gonna bury the rest of the cast away cept for pulling out that occasional DDD on Noid :troll:

where is COT5 gonna be? i'mma really try to be there. for realzies this time. no gf johns.

also funniest moments of the night was Sin when we were all sweating like pigs. "yo my draws are SOAKED right now," and "omg my beard is drippin" lmao.

Deez not Sin

Omni

BRoomer
I'll try to sign up soon.

In the meantime...

Who wants to Brawl whenever? Kinda got the next two weeks free.

[yt]RQ79tpthURw[/yt] - 5:14, lol

Omni

BRoomer
Just left Chu's bi-weekly. I don't say much, but I have a lot of good things to say being an MK main in MD/VA.

1.) Azen (Marth, yeah I said it)
2.) Chillin (Snake)
3.) Chu (Kirby)
4.) Omni (MK)
5.) Slik (G&W)
5.) Forte(MK)
7.) G-Regulate (Snake)
7.) Candy (Snake/MK)
9.) Hova (Peach)
9.) Knacker (ROB)

What does this mean? It means that MD/VA has progressed the furthest in this game by keeping MK out of the top 3 consistently. The only real MK's that ever take first is M2K and Forte. I lost to Azen's Marth 2-0 not because I'm bad, but because Azen is great player and has definitely learned the match-up.

Anyway, I'm down for banning MK. I don't care. Maybe he'll make the game better. Maybe he won't. I say we at least do a trial period to see how it effects the game.

208 pages? Stop wasting your time whining and be better.
lol, what a relic. originally pro-ban proof right here.

i like how non-scrubby my mentality about the game has been since the get go. and i like how im the only one on that list that still plays brawl, lol... oh wait... awww :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
you plan to play this for 20 years?....you will be like 36...your dreams and aspirations suck.
OMFG LMAOOOOOOOOO@@@@@
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DIED LOL xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

TKO way too funny lol

nah bro i was just exaggerating i mean i wont get good for a long time

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
good **** omni, you posted game 2 of a set, where game 1 m2k got a lead and flew under the stage on smashville. i already knew with rainbow and brinstar as an option for game 3 i could not win and just tried to be super agro since camping didn't work last time

feel free to stop being delusional an realize mk should be banned... just go peep the characters in the results thread, or ask ally why he uses mk (spoiler:
"because i need him to fight mk")

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
good **** omni, you posted game 2 of a set, where game 1 m2k got a lead and flew under the stage on smashville. i already knew with rainbow and brinstar as an option for game 3 i could not win and just tried to be super agro since camping didn't work last time

feel free to stop being delusional an realize mk should be banned... just go peep the characters in the results thread, or ask ally why he uses mk (spoiler:
So that was game 2? I'll edit that.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

everyone who doesn't main MK is aware that MK should be banned, but the reality is he won't. so if you want to win at this point it's either put up or shut up

1. brawl isn't balanced

2. tournament brawl is not fun, and **** friendlies only have "areas" of fun for some people

this isn't anything you don't already know/didn't know going into the match tho PS, MK won't be banned so you/i/anyone who doesn't main MK need to either make our own mains gameplay frame-to-frame tight and/or develop an MK on the level of our main and other MK mains

Omni

BRoomer

all i here is johns

[yt]gMqubROAbcw[/yt]

my argument was you getting better to face M2K. that ain't gonna happen by switching to MK. not this late into the metagame where MK mains have had 2+ years of all across the US/World MK ditto training.

and ally uses MK because MK is the best character in the game. he barely uses Snake anymore except for matches that he excels with him at. stop giving ally johns that don't exist, lol

Top Bottom