• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I find it hilarious Neo is in it for money when minimum wage pays more if you measure the time you spend at a tournament, without even including time spent at smashfests.

Word. Keep it up.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
why bother playing this unbalanced game that is unfun when you get just get a job at a supermarket and have twice the fun juggling fruits and vegetables

........................................................................................................

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
welcome to Maryhoodland*
You're sucha G.
I find it hilarious Neo is in it for money when minimum wage pays more if you measure the time you spend at a tournament, without even including time spent at smashfests.

Word. Keep it up.
ROFLMAO.
why bother playing this unbalanced game that is unfun when you get just get a job at a supermarket and have twice the fun juggling fruits and vegetables

........................................................................................................
Dude no...I work at a supermarket as a dude who stocks shelves. **** is boring and time doesn't go by quickly. Sure, I get paid like 10.25 an hour, but I like being able to attend tourneys once a month on a Saturday O_O. Tourneys are SO fun.

The guys who work in the produce department have to cut up tons of vegetables/fruits and then package them over and over. Then they distribute them to the aisles (1 aisle for produce).
its funnny cause m2k got first...at tants house turney....

DIP!!
-Dead-@this.
i've always said that when m2k complains noid

i don't really get it

btw, check this out:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12764885#post12764885
Looooooooooooool.

White people have such good curses~

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I could contribute my opinion...

or just say to Omni and Neo to stfu, because I doubt many people care about their opinion as much as they care about their skill level.

And quite frankly, Neo isn't of regional, let alone national caliber yet and I don't know what's going on with Omni.

Also... If I was in it to "just win," I would have picked up Falco already. But even now, I have other goals than just winning at tournament. I'm trying to progress my character's tournament viability and metagame. I lost my sets at KTAR5 because I went in making poor decisions and forgetting fundamentals about Samus, even though they were in MUs I am fully capable of winning against anyone.

I got angry over my losses and declared on the livestream that I'd drop Samus. I take it back. It's not happening, at least not for now.

For you guys who have are bragging about "OH, MY DRIVE TO WIN IS BETTER THAN YOURS" or Omni's "Here are the guys who are really trying!"

stfu plz

If you were really in it to win only, you'd be practicing more often and using MK only. I see neither occurring.
Interesting.... +2 respect points for NOID.

Also another thing, I don't have fun playing this game in tournament

Yes, I don't. BUT, I have fun winning in this game. The satifaction I get from winning tournament matches are greater than the satification of playing the game and of course playing in tournament.

Same went for when I played Melee. All I did was litterally **** bricks while playing tourney matchings. Hoping a Fox didn't grab upthrow to uair me 3 to 4 times to death, hoping a spacey didn't shine spike me at 10%, praying I'd waveland correctly and not air dodge like an idiot into a tipper Marth's fsmash on Yoshi's, etc. **** wasn't fun at all. But you know what was fun? Winning.

Same for Brawl and when I played SF4 competitively. **** wasn't fun at all. I had fun playing the game in friendlies most of the time, but not in tourney. Was always stressful. Who ever goes "man I had so much fun getting pillared to death by Dr. PP in my pools matches!! Not being able to move and get ***** at the same time was amazing!!". Also who goes "I fought this air planking mk and it went down to the last 5 seconds and I hit him with a random attack then jumped off stage and won by time........WAS A FUN MATCH!!!!" LOL **** THAT!!!

Those are probably more extreme cases but it happens often. Only time I have fun in tourney is when I absolutely **** someone. I just like the accomplishment of winning really. Maybe its just me, but there's my 2 cents.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
This region is pretty much Drama/VA because all I see from Maryland is a bunch of arguments and posting their opinions and VA is just watching and popping in with one liners (Boss, Korn, June) except for Kaffei lol.

Everytime I see a post by you like this I'm just imagining you laughing at me for putting fr33 *** money into the pot. Well **** you. I hope you really enjoy my money mother ****er
Dude, what are you saying??? lmfao

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Dude no...I work at a supermarket as a dude who stocks shelves. **** is boring and time doesn't go by quickly. Sure, I get paid like 10.25 an hour, but I like being able to attend tourneys once a month on a Saturday O_O. Tourneys are SO fun.

The guys who work in the produce department have to cut up tons of vegetables/fruits and then package them over and over. Then they distribute them to the aisles (1 aisle for produce).
Yeah I know. what i was trying to say that since neo doesnt enjoy playing this game he might as well just do supermarket stuff for fun instead

or rap cus he's actually really good at that

Luckay4Lyphe said:
Dude, what are you saying??? lmfao
I'm saying that I imagine NEO laughing at me inside for entering a tourney when I have no chance of making money & that makes me feel like ****

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
If you're serious you have some self esteem issues brah. You're not going to get better if you keep saying you're bad and if you lose you can't let it get to you, just move on. More tournaments to come! Either the money comes or it wont, it shouldn't be the main focus because thinking about that already took away half your focus from playing the game.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman

Word. Keep it up.
LMFAO here i thought I was the only one who saw this... meh, good to know someone else sees it...

Or you could do my job and get paid very well to count money and listen to your music as loud as you want :8?

:phone:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I lost my sets at KTAR5 because I went in making poor decisions and forgetting fundamentals about Samus, even though they were in MUs I am fully capable of winning against anyone.

I got angry over my losses and declared on the livestream that I'd drop Samus. I take it back. It's not happening, at least not for now.
all i hear is johns.
just like every tourny you place and not make top 5 in.
lol <3
stay free

For you guys who have are bragging about "OH, MY DRIVE TO WIN IS BETTER THAN YOURS" or Omni's "Here are the guys who are really trying!"

stfu plz
no u

md/va has been like that since early melee days. and that kind of talk motivates and jumpstarts the right kind of people. remember when i started talking trash earlier last week and things became more competitive again? that's the point

if u dont take anything from it that's fine. you can stay being MD/VA's designated pot monster

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Me, Joe and NOID played under our best at KTar, but at least we went, stop busting our large nut sacks!

:017:

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
all i hear is johns.
just like every tourny you place and not make top 5 in.
lol <3
stay free

no u

md/va has been like that since early melee days. and that kind of talk motivates and jumpstarts the right kind of people. remember when i started talking trash earlier last week and things became more competitive again? that's the point

if u dont take anything from it that's fine. you can stay being MD/VA's designated pot monster
lol

Again, stop spouting your crap dude. You haven't performed at all recently, and the time you did was when Boss was 2nd. In other words, when this region had no high tiers placing at all. Or, derp derp, when Coney was taking 1st in our region while barely winning against mediocre MKs.

I don't recall anyone all of a sudden becoming more competitive. Logic was always that way. I recall him being as much of a loudmouth and being dedicated to the game 2 years ago as he is now. So was June. Lie has risen from trash to become good, and that was all in his own work, not because of the words of some guy disappearing from the scene, coming back to say he wants to win, and then disappearing again.

Neo is just Neo: "My execution is terrible, I'm going to put time in to perfect it." Later: "I'm busy with music for this ****ty game." (I don't care what he does with his life, but I'd rather him be honest about his commitment to this game.) And then you, who's continually played, quit, and came back again. Their competitive drive exceeds yours, and it definitely wasn't with your help.

Don't try to take credit for anyone's success or "drive." They're in it for themselves, without your input. It's about time you realize it. This goes back to your HTC too. Yeah, Zak got better with your help, but I doubt his inspiration rose from you. He had his own goals for D3, he fulfilled them, and guess what? He stopped playing competitively. The least you could do is put up or shut up. I haven't seen you enter a tournament and take top 3 in a long time.

Seriously. Both you and Neo. You guys barely go to tournaments. I don't want to see you guys spout out wins from a year ago, or from 10-man tournaments, or from an MD/VA metagame with absolutely NO HIGH TIERS. Honestly? Of the top five char (MK/Diddy/Snake/Falco/Wario) only Lie has a character that's of regional merit.

Real talk. Sick of reading posts from people who barely participate in the scene. You want to know why MD/VA is dying? Because NO ONE GOES TO TOURNAMENTS.

Your words don't incite a higher competitive drive. If I suddenly place better, or if anyone in this region suddenly improves, it's not because of trash talk. Trash talk incites hype but intrinsic motivation creates commitment. For example, a love for the game. Back in the melee days, those players LOVED the game. That's what made things competitive.

If you want to improve the community and spark competition, this is the wrong way to do it. You'd be better off taking VGBC's route and making the game more accessible in regards to learning curve. Get players to appreciate the game through knowledge and the players will motivate themselves.

All you're doing is making face. Do some work why don't you.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
lol

Again, stop spouting your crap dude. You haven't performed at all recently, and the time you did was when Boss was 2nd. In other words, when this region had no high tiers placing at all. Or, derp derp, when Coney was taking 1st in our region while barely winning against mediocre MKs.

I don't recall anyone all of a sudden becoming more competitive. Logic was always that way. So was June. Neo is just Neo: "My execution is terrible, I'm going to put time in to perfect it." Later: "I'm busy with music for this ****ty game." (I don't care what he does with his life, but I'd rather him be honest about his commitment to this game.) Lie has risen from trash to become good, and that was all in his own work, not because of the words of some guy disappearing from the scene, coming back to say he wants to win, and then disappearing again.

Don't try to take credit for anyone's success or "drive." They're in it for themselves, without your input. It's about time you realize it. This goes back to your HTC too. Yeah, Zak got better with your help, but I doubt his inspiration rose from you. He had his own goals for D3, he fulfilled them, and guess what? He stopped playing competitively. The least you could do is put up or shut up. I haven't seen you enter a tournament and take top 3 in a long time.

Seriously. Both you and Neo. You guys barely go to tournaments. I don't want to see you guys spout out wins from a year ago, or from 10-man tournaments, or from an MD/VA metagame with absolutely NO HIGH TIERS. Honestly? Of the top five char (MK/Diddy/Snake/Falco/Wario) only Lie has a character that's of regional merit.

Real talk. Sick of reading posts from people who barely participate in the scene. You want to know why MD/VA is dying? Because NO ONE GOES TO TOURNAMENTS.

Your words don't incite a higher competitive drive. If I suddenly place better, or if anyone in this region suddenly improves, it's not because of trash talk. Trash talk incites hype but intrinsic motivation creates commitment. For example, a love for the game. Back in the melee days, those players LOVED the game. That's what made things competitive.

If you want to improve the community and spark competition, this is the wrong way to do it. You'd be better off taking VGBC's route and making the game more accessible in regards to learning curve. Get players to appreciate the game through knowledge and the players will motivate themselves.

You win one million Pretzels.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Last time I performed was when I got 1st after beating Chu, Candy, and the rest of the full MD/VA squad. I've performed enough to consistently stay 5th-6th in the ranking. I don't enter much but when I do it's above average.

I don't recall anyone all of a sudden becoming more competitive. Logic was always that way. I recall him being as much of a loudmouth and being dedicated to the game 2 years ago as he is now. So was June. Lie has risen from trash to become good, and that was all in his own work, not because of the words of some guy disappearing from the scene, coming back to say he wants to win, and then disappearing again.
You're not reading then. I'm not appearing into the scene saying, "I want to win,". The whole topic was about PS. You're on some other bull**** tangent wavelength.

Neo is just Neo: "My execution is terrible, I'm going to put time in to perfect it." Later: "I'm busy with music for this ****ty game." (I don't care what he does with his life, but I'd rather him be honest about his commitment to this game.) And then you, who's continually played, quit, and came back again. Their competitive drive exceeds yours, and it definitely wasn't with your help.
Yo', you're right. Coney got better all by himself. **** a Hyperbolic Time Chamber. **** me boring my life away by trying to get you better against MK and Falco. I do much more than talk in regards to bettering this community. And my words insult people and make them want to get revenge or do better or be better. I'm not a cheerleader and if you're getting sensitive then take your tampons out your ears and realize it's not personal.

I don't take credit for anyone's success or drive. Where the hell did that come from? Coney already had potential; he just needed a confidence booster and the rest was done by just practicing. Wtf do you mean put up or shut up? I've been playing in this community since Day 1. Yea, I've had my hiatuses, but I assure you my existence has been much more of a contribution than yours so chill out with that nonsense.

I haven't placed Top 3 in a while. What's your point? The people I'm telling needs to step it up are the ones who aren't doing that.

Wtf? So Lucario and Olimar isn't regional material? LOL. Right.

You can't barely participate in a scene and stay ranked, Noid. You know what's more sick? People like you who don't do **** and think they have the right to tell people to shut up.

I've run tournaments. I've run training sessions. I've coached countless players. I've given advice. I've wrote training guides. I give back to the community, Noid. People look up to me for advice and I give it and it's appreciated. And the ONLY reason why I've been to less tournaments is because I have a girlfriend whom I see on the weekends. And I still manage to make it a few and take out top players like Vinnie or PS and knockout pot monsters like you.

wat

melee was just a great game. trash talk and drama hped the melee scene like crazy. and unfortunately not enough people love this game. u can "love" a game but if everyone is just sitting on their thumb pressing buttons with their low tier characters it ain't making anything competitive.

stop talking like you know what to do or as if you have done anything. you haven't done squat. tell me one thing you've done to help this community grow. provide rides? that's a start and pretty much the end

do some work my ***. you're talkin to yourself, dude. you're only talkin to yourself

hova

Smash Champion
lol

holy ****!!

someone in md/va who isn't stupid

well done NOID

Omni... NOID just **** all over you and was 100% correct in everything he said. do not try to save face... just shut your mouth and keep walking

hova

Smash Champion
lmao... none of this changes the amount of poo Noid just dropped on your face

don't worry i'll help you clean up

*grabs fire hose*

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Hova <3333333 We need to Smash when my work schedule doesn't suck!

Also, next event should be big, hoping Kenny can pull some strings for a WoodBridge for June.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I was talking to Nova about us both hosting something in DC several months ago (and from what he told me it would've been enough venue space to host a regional), but I haven't heard from him since... :/

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
lol

<3 noid

edit: reread it and the 3% i thought you were wrong about, you were right about lol

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
holy ****!!

someone in md/va who isn't stupid

well done NOID

Omni... NOID just **** all over you and was 100% correct in everything he said. do not try to save face... just shut your mouth and keep walking
OMFG. Hova posted holy ****!!!! Things are getting serious lmfao!!!!!!!!!

And I totally agree with Noid :8 now can we play brawl! Less *****ing more brawling?

One last thing!!! I officially like my daily md/va brawl drama boards. It brings such humor to so many lives lol...

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Noid, if you're smashing today ill have to skip. I'll be back next week though no johns. Also I have time either Friday or Saturday this week to smash, if anyone is down.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
My only problem with MD/VA tournaments is because I can't drive. It's much easier to get to closer tourneys because getting a ride isn't as hard, I'll have to look into getting rides more often because I really want to participate more.

...VA tourneys would be nice too...

meepxzero

Smash Master
Well dante has like 50+ moves not all of them are hard all you need is the L, M, H, DPM, J.h, QCFM, H, S, J.m, J.m, DJ, J.m, j.h, QCFH, (if they bounce on the ground and you're near a corner) OTG (DF)H, -> H, Bold Move Cancel, S, OTG (DF) H, QCBL Branch to fireworks, Million dollars.

Or those crazy ones with the DPx2M ones. Those are amazing. Dante combo's all in all should take about 2-3 days to do if you're on a schedule like me. I still gotta work more on my Dante, but I have mastered Chris and Zero.

The BnB I use has some bold cancels and double motion moves. I can get them like 80% of the time, but id rather get them close to a 100%. I hate his easy bnbs cause on smaller characters they can drop.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
shoutouts to kaffei misinterpreting my post and taking it to heart

noid - doesn't know what he's talking about

afk

Top Bottom