• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Lukky

Smash Cadet
@lukky: post that URL to your website here so we can see what is what. also, we gotta get mad sessions in dawg. MD definitely needs our second MK main back (no offense sin/tant/ee, but ya'll weren't always mk mains)
I didn't wanna spam threads with the site so I just made it my sig, eventually when we start doing tournament interviews and stuff we'll definitely feature them on the site, but for now it's just the basic news and reviews and such.

We need to get some major sessions in, I have like 2 years of rust to knock off, so I need this practice...not to beat Lobos though...he's always sucked lol

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
let people do whatever they want

jeez lol
it's like if you telling me to stop eating ramen... gtfo :embarrass:
im just saying why we are a scrub reason and telling people if they want better results what they should do

obv they dont have to. ive been tellin neo to main mk for years

I mean, they're all really smart in the game so I can't have qualms can I :)

If you want to spark debate you should post people who you think are really dumb in game lol

and you should define what you mean by smart, and I think from seeing your list, it's people who are good at reading
ya that's what i mean by smart. just having the ability to outplay your opponent and normally always be one or two steps ahead of them

*sigh*

people just don't get it

Edit: ^^^^I'm with him
horrible retort.

im not sayin md/va needs a leader. im definitely dont feel like being a leader. im already kinda doin my part by training up anyone and everyone from md.

im saying it's not cool to sit back and be like "we're a scrub region. let's accept it and play for fun!" i mean **** that. we go to tournaments. we represent our region. we compete. it's a competition. and therefore you play to win

there's nothing wrong with playing for fun. i assure u that winning is fun, especially if you're not a person who has tasted winning often or at all.

and idk about u but i wouldnt have fun going to a tournament only to be constantly reminded that my character sucks *** and i'll never really have a real shot at ever taking top spots

Lukky

Smash Cadet
I haven't been on this for a while but from what I've put together it seems that people don't mind sucking...but what's the point in competing if you don't wanna win...seems like a waste of time and money but hey I haven't been to a tournament in years so what do I know lol

I am definitely a fan of the Let's Plays btw

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
OK. Mario mains need to stop using Mario and pick a top tier.

As a matter of fact, all of MD/VA need to be top tier whoring except for successful novelty players like PS.

1.) Boss needs to switch to Diddy.
2.) Chu needs to switch to MK.
3.) NEO can keep Marth, but needs to main MK.
4.) TKO needs to switch to Falco and stay Falco.
5.) Idk wtf Noid is doing with Samus/Sheik but that **** needs to stop.
6.) Nova needs to drop ROB and just pick a top tier.
7.) Aposl needs to drop PT; probably pick up Snake or Wario.
8.) Pink. Hm. His Lucas is legit, but he needs a strong top tier main like Diddy. Lucas can be his novelty backup.
Nah, I'm good.

A win for me with a top tier would be pretty empty...especially since I play real fighters and know how incredibly lulzy Brawl is.

I play top tiers in games that matter, if that makes you feel better...

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
@lukky: post that URL to your website here so we can see what is what. also, we gotta get mad sessions in dawg. MD definitely needs our second MK main back (no offense sin/tant/ee, but ya'll weren't always mk mains)

yo another list to spark up activity: top 5 smartest players in md/va (who currently play brawl)

1.) Boss
2.) Chu
3.) Omni
4.) June
5.) Coney

what it do
I'm mad salty.
I just gotta step it up though.
Lets goooo KTAR

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo I told Coney's parents he was gonna be good after I put my head up against his mother's stomach while she was pregnant with him and heard him say "yeeeup"

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Nah, I'm good.

A win for me with a top tier would be pretty empty...especially since I play real fighters and know how incredibly lulzy Brawl is.

I play top tiers in games that matter, if that makes you feel better...
joh ns

but it sounds like you're not really playing to win. just playing for the sake of playin so if that'swhat'suwannadothendowatudo

Coney

Smash Master
Yo I told Coney's parents he was gonna be good after I put my head up against his mother's stomach while she was pregnant with him and heard him say "yeeeup"
thats just creepy....

and he's older than you.
his mom put her stomach up to my mom's stomach which is weird since i was older and i think you develop ears late so i don't know how he heard but whatever

i owe all my success to GIMR, sorry fellas

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
My dad knew Coney's mom, so his mom told my dad that she thinks his son will play brawl.
My dad said Coney is going to be great one day.

Then my dad told me when I was born that Coney's gonna be great someday.
So I past that knowledge on to Coney at BTYF.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Winning the biggest **** sucker contest isn't much of a win.
hey, i heard you're a coney hater and act incredibly jealous of him.

it's showin.

***** *** ***** ***** fgt

My dad knew Coney's mom, so his mom told my dad that she thinks his son will play brawl.
My dad said Coney is going to be great one day.

Then my dad told me when I was born that Coney's gonna be great someday.
So I past that knowledge on to Coney at BTYF.
NUH UH!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
joh ns

but it sounds like you're not really playing to win. just playing for the sake of playin so if that'swhat'suwannadothendowatudo
I didn't know u could john about something like this, lol.

I mean I still play to win, just with who I want to play as. If I weren't Mario, I prolly wouldn't have the same drive to become good at this game. I still study characters and read players...all that good stuff.

If it comes to it, I'll pick up a high tier. Besides, MD/VA doesn't need MORE high tier users...just for the ones we have to improve their placings at nationals.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I didn't know u could john about something like this, lol.

I mean I still play to win, just with who I want to play as. If I weren't Mario, I prolly wouldn't have the same drive to become good at this game. I still study characters and read players...all that good stuff.

If it comes to it, I'll pick up a high tier. Besides, MD/VA doesn't need MORE high tier users...just for the ones we have to improve their placings at nationals.
Matador play a character you love to play as tbh.
I'm in a disagreement with Omni about just picking up a top tier just because they are better.
In theory, you might be a better player but would you have to same drive playing this game if it's a character you oppose playing?

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Where is it that most people in the MD area play. I've heard laurel but is that it, tryna figure out where I'm gonna need to go to practice up

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Omni, if Poltergust can win with Yoshi, Xyro can do well with Spamus, and Espy and X can **** with Sonic than a Mario can place well as well. 2010 was all Yoshi and Sonic steppin up their games. Mario's up next :D.

Omni, if Poltergust can win with Yoshi, Xyro can do well with Spamus, and Espy and X can **** with Sonic than a Mario can place well as well. 2010 was all Yoshi and Sonic steppin up their games. Mario's up next :D.
Yeah, everything works when your opponent doesn't know wtf to do. That's the strength of low tiers

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
6.) Nova needs to drop ROB and just pick a top tier.

Never! jk but when my car gets back up and normal we'll work on tht.

Ummmm I wanna be good and I'm tired of not playing smash soooo I'll be around
Great. Now convince tht dude JayO to come back lol.

Just show and prove bro. Show and prove.

Oath.

Smash Ace
It's not about 1 or 2 wins every now and then, it's about consistency.

Honestly, in a game as unbalanced as brawl, I don't get why people rave about lower tier characters so much. They aren't even fun to play, why play characters like Samus, Mario and Yoshi in a game like brawl anyway? They're old AND they suck. You have to do so much more work just to do decently.

In a game made for non-competitive play, you may as well just play those characters in friendlies. Yeah yeah I hear you about them being your favorite, but you ain't doing them justice getting last place.

edit: typo'd

Play low tiers in Melee then. The wide skill gap allows you to overcome character gap (more than in Brawl)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I need an opinion, who do people think I should main?

Kirby, MK or G&W? I played them all at my most recent tourney so I'm not sure who I'm best with, but I've been feeling unconfident in my MK lately =/

I could main all 3 of them, but I want people to let me know which ones I'm best with (preferably in order).

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
ugh i need to get better...sonic isnt my problem, its just that i tend to choke alot vs certain mus....like i only know 3 of 40+ charaters in brawl plus my reaction time is garbz and some bad habits...thats it lol

@poyo kirby, mk, gaw imo

Takeover1806

Smash Champion

Kirby, MK or G&W? I played them all at my most recent tourney so I'm not sure who I'm best with, but I've been feeling unconfident in my MK lately =/

I could main all 3 of them, but I want people to let me know which ones I'm best with (preferably in order).
your best character is mk.
get off wifi and just train that bat.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

yo another list to spark up activity: top 5 smartest players in md/va (who currently play brawl)

1.) Boss
2.) Chu
3.) Omni
4.) June
5.) Coney

what it do
I have my backup Mk nice and ready. Been practicing it frequently at Umbc during the semester with Coney. That's why our matches are always close Mk vs D3.
Winning the biggest **** sucker contest isn't much of a win.
Tell that to Kaffei.
Sonic can only go so far...

Mario sucks sadly.

Yoshi is pure egg spam camp and gets beat by characters not Mk. He is good vs Mk, but most people use Mk, so Polt does good. Yoshi also beats all the low tiers. I still need to MM Polt, but I don't think he will accept.
Lucas is the only goof low tier.
Lucas is very underated in my opinion, but still isn't good if someone just has a pocket Marth, Dk, or D3.

Mk. Use Mk.
lol these people training up low tiers when our top tiers can barely make a dent in nationals
Lol.

I use Wolf for Mk and matchups I'm familiar with. If I'm not familiar or lose a matchup like Pikachu or D3, then I go Mk.

People always root against me when I use Mk. I feel like Md/Va often promotes people to not use Mk in tourneys. Whenever someone like me uses Mk, I instantly get rooted against for unless it's a ditto or someone out of state is versing me. I'm not gonna stop using Mk and only want mine to be/get better.

Top Bottom