• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol Boss didn't you retire? -__- the **** are you talking about..?!?!?! And I honestly think Md/Va is bad because they focus on the wrong thing when playing the game... That's why ppl should really start coaching until certain others get the gist of what the coach is trying to explain to them in difficult matchups. that's just my opinion tho. lol

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
lol its true..all i ever get is (boss play wario,luigi sucks blah blah)

OR

man i **** that guy,he's free,sry bro im like 9320302040 and 0 with u....

instead of us telling those type of people what they need to be wrking on in terms of gameplay....

we jus simply shut em down and keep playing.....we are gonna keep being a bad region unless we jus help each other **** other regions.....other regions scrubs even laugh at us xD

no one cares about the region though.....everyone jus lookin to get that quick pocket change...
SO I'MA ACTUALLY NEED YOU TO SHUT UP
when you receive advice you say
a) you have to do it, such as when i told you about your spotdodge habit or
b) psh, i'm Luigi

and on top of that you didn't practice for the longest, so you of all people should not be bringing this point up

and it's not that no one cares about the region just because, it's more like we're tired of caring about the region. if you all don't wanna put in the effort, don't want to go to events and support the community, hate on each other consistently, why the **** would we still try to help the region out? i've gone out of my way to help people at like every event i go to so i'm taking a lot of offense to what you said

Kaffei

Smash Hero
SO I'MA ACTUALLY NEED YOU TO SHUT UP
when you receive advice you say
a) you have to do it, such as when i told you about your spotdodge habit or
b) psh, i'm Luigi

and on top of that you didn't practice for the longest, so you of all people should not be bringing this point up

and it's not that no one cares about the region just because, it's more like we're tired of caring about the region. if you all don't wanna put in the effort, don't want to go to events and support the community, hate on each other consistently, why the **** would we still try to help the region out? i've gone out of my way to help people at like every event i go to so i'm taking a lot of offense to what you said
I don't think this is very fair to me
I put in a lot of effort into my character.. i wanna go to events, i wanna support the community, and i dont h8 on anyone.. like wdf
1. i cant go to events cus i never have rides.. i dont have a car to drive either so it would be nice if someone other than zant could provide me a ride.. cus zant's the only reason i ever get anywhere
2. i just said that this reason h8s on each other and then coney basically said it's a good thing.. then u come here and say it like it's bad. ok wtf can u guys make up ur mind
3. like 80% of the time i go into this thread you guys are talking about beating ppl in mms and stuff and salty everything.. can we plz have no more salt

the only way i can improve is by doing what m2k did.. playing alone (or wifi but i dont really like wifi)

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
i've gone out of my way to help people at like every event i go to so i'm taking a lot of offense to what you said
Just curious but what do you mean by this? Help in what way? Out of your way?

Lol Luckay. It's gonna take something big to happen to change peoples views in this place :8. I support the region and I think lots of people are amazing. Tho I wanna better myself and I don't think the "pros" always had someone telling him/her how to get better, they just kept on learning.
:phone:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
The only person who cares about people in this region is me, I teamed with Bob when no one else would, FREAKIN BOB. You're prolly thinking, Bob? whos that... well, that's the damn point!

:017:

Aposl

Smash Ace
No one owes anyone help. Anyone who is good ultimately had haters AND supporters, but they where different people. No body got good all by themselves, and no one ever was good but didn't have someone say "I can and will beat that guy(then they did)" Yes we could be more supportive, but real members of the community don't NEED that. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't consider you a real member of the community until you consistently or have consistently gone to events, basically if you went to one thing and no one or the majority of everyone doesn't remember you you aren't in the club. Kaffei I know who you are, im just saying that before you think its directed at you lol. Finally I just want o say, have any of you ever seen a karate movie where there is a pupil and a master? What about a star wars movie? Well in a lot of these movies the pupil likes to talk back and he usually gets put in his place, but later the master usually dies for his pupil.Our community doesn't seem to understand the pupil master relationship. Our pro players begin these relationships, not understanding what they are getting themselves into, while the lesser player seem to think the better player owes it to them to train them till they are good. Sorry but I see the lesser players not listening to the good players far too often to really think they want to get better, but I have also tried to get better players to help me and made a significant effort, but usually end up hearing this in the end "your character is just too bad" or something else that who ever started helping me knew from the start.

TLDR: Dont try to help people unless you are going to see it through, view teaching someone else with as much passion as you have getting yourself better. Lesser players stop *****ing if no one wants to help you, it is your job t find yourself a good player to teach you, a ride, etc.....

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Omni. Hova is probably gonna be brawling today.

That mekos style commenting on previous post lmao

The only person who cares about people in this region is me, I teamed with Bob when no one else would, FREAKIN BOB. You're prolly thinking, Bob? whos that... well, that's the damn point!

Lmfao that's exactly what I thought... "wtf is bob"

:phone:

Aposl

Smash Ace
I didnt know I was good enough to be a name or be insulted in this way! Yes recognition!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lol chill mayne.......

there are some people in the region who obv help....i jus forgot to mention them xD

obv logic,noid,neo,coney,omni,K4L,junebug.

but lets be honest......we clearly still DGAF xD
y am i in that list lmao
im not good enough to help anyone
the only way i can help is buyin ppl food

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
It's not the fact that you guys owe anyone help, but you should feel inclined to being the better players in your region to do so. With that kinda attitude Aposl everyone sans like 5 people in your region would be *** because they didn't cut it improving on their own.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
It's not the fact that you guys owe anyone help, but you should feel inclined to being the better players in your region to do so. With that kinda attitude Aposl everyone sans like 5 people in your region would be *** because they didn't cut it improving on their own.
I think you are misunderstanding his point. He is saying two things. 1) to be good, you actually have to want to be good and do what you can. Read character boards (not just your own character), watch vids, practice, etc. When that happens 2) higher level players should help lower players become better can take effect. They will see that you are trying and be more willing to help.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
No one owes anyone help. Anyone who is good ultimately had haters AND supporters, but they where different people. No body got good all by themselves, and no one ever was good but didn't have someone say "I can and will beat that guy(then they did)" Yes we could be more supportive, but real members of the community don't NEED that. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't consider you a real member of the community until you consistently or have consistently gone to events, basically if you went to one thing and no one or the majority of everyone doesn't remember you you aren't in the club. Kaffei I know who you are, im just saying that before you think its directed at you lol. Finally I just want o say, have any of you ever seen a karate movie where there is a pupil and a master? What about a star wars movie? Well in a lot of these movies the pupil likes to talk back and he usually gets put in his place, but later the master usually dies for his pupil.Our community doesn't seem to understand the pupil master relationship. Our pro players begin these relationships, not understanding what they are getting themselves into, while the lesser player seem to think the better player owes it to them to train them till they are good. Sorry but I see the lesser players not listening to the good players far too often to really think they want to get better, but I have also tried to get better players to help me and made a significant effort, but usually end up hearing this in the end "your character is just too bad" or something else that who ever started helping me knew from the start.

I'm pretty sure everyone who saw this just kept scrolling down but i want everyone to understand this is the problem with MD/VA I'm just going to add on here. The PT user is right 100% nothing left out its just no one ever had the guts to say it even me. And now I Respect this man more than I ever have before like brawl I hope you all understand this mistake and not get PUNISHED for it again meaning let help each other out you never know you could learn something new from this Pros and Lessers. instead of knowing someone based on their character get to know them personally show more respect for one another and show a little more appreciation to the one's that help like VG for example how many people in MD/VA can say that they have personally thanked and/or said the tourney was fun?(lol) not alot. instead of taking try giving more no matter the situation because one day not today or the next day but some day the person you helped will most likely think to themselves and say"This guy needs help, he helped me why not help him/her out." and most of the time you will need that help don't think of it as a payback but just being nice humble and generous. If we did more helping then selfish thoughts then I would be glad to be part of MD/VA but I'm not at the moment. So what do you say MD/VA we start fresh as a community were all grown-ups here right? lets start acting like it.

TLDR: Dont try to help people unless you are going to see it through, view teaching someone else with as much passion as you have getting yourself better. Lesser players stop *****ing if no one wants to help you, it is your job t find yourself a good player to teach you, a ride, etc.....
I admit to doing this as the lesser player but working on it.

y am i in that list lmao
im not good enough to help anyone
the only way i can help is buyin ppl food
yes that's right kaffei keep feeding
In return I help you get better.:troll: sike! JK

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol I don't see anyone in Md/Va go out their way in helping anyone except for VG. Don't they have some sort of Website where people can learn this game? Or if so match-ups..? #Jussayin.

I still think Md/Va is a Joke region though. All our good/decent players either retire or take long breaks... Who are our good players anyway? That are actually active and do well OOS? #Juscurious

The definition of "Good" players in our region in my eyes would be...

1.Junebugz
2.Logic
3.Neo
4.Lie
5.Coney

Can't think of anyone else, who other regions would be afraid of playing in this region.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
lol wrong

pro players helping lower level players is a priveledge.

it's up to low/mid level players to step their own game up.

not everyone in the community had "help" considering some of us here have been playing Brawl from the get go. the only help you need is character boards and youtube for studying.

if u look at the top top players u dont see them looking for other people for help or to get better.

step your own **** up or be forever free

Deez.

Smash Lord
Omni I agree when you say pro players helping lower level players is a privilege... No one should have to help anyone in this region unless they want to.

I don't even know what peoples skill level is at since the last time I entered a tournament.. Can't remember when that is at the moment.

Don't know who's skill increased or anything like that. but it seems like everyone is at the same since I took a break.. same people still losing to the same people. *Shrugg*

Aposl

Smash Ace
lol wrong

pro players helping lower level players is a priveledge.

it's up to low/mid level players to step their own game up.

not everyone in the community had "help" considering some of us here have been playing Brawl from the get go. the only help you need is character boards and youtube for studying.

if u look at the top top players u dont see them looking for other people for help or to get better.

step your own **** up or be forever free
I like how you say im wrong but agree with me at the same time Omni, I said top players don't owe anyone help, and I also said it s up to the crappy players it is they're job to get a ride, or do whatever within they're power to get a pro to help them if they want that help. But then I said the problem between crappy players and top players trying to help each other but eventually failing is that both sides don't understand the pupil master relationship. IF you are going to train a player you have to have the heart o do that as well. Am I right? when developing your own skill you have free reign to find out what works best for you, but when working with someone else it isn't that easy. You have to work to understand them first. (but as originally stated none of this is owed, its just the right way to do it once you don the coach whistle and take out the clip board lol)

edit: btw Omni i wasnt referring to you when I wrote any of this LOL, you and me parted ways with an understanding, im talking about people who just give up and walk away, and I am definitley not even REALLY talking about myself because I don't feel like I need anyone's help.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
oh i know that. i was just referring to the bold statement that it's up to low level players to just be better instead of finding someone to make them better

we agree on mostly everything else

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Bio vs Snackattack. Who will win? Bio does have a win over aposl...So he has one name.
It's not an insult or a compliment. He has ONE literal name under his belt and it's you :awesome:.
You know Joe, we're good friends and all but honestly, shut the **** up. **** like this is why I don't want to even try to get better.

By the way, both Omni and Aposl both have good points. Sometimes you have to watch videos and study. Sometimes you need to play people to get rid of habits, like NEO got rid of several of my bad habits while playing.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I did my best, I have no regrets.

You know Joe, we're good friends and all but honestly, shut the **** up. **** like this is why I don't want to even try to get better.

By the way, both Omni and Aposl both have good points. Sometimes you have to watch videos and study. Sometimes you need to play people to get rid of habits, like NEO got rid of several of my bad habits while playing.
Just saw this. This, right here, is a great post.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
You don't wanna try and get better so you can not get picked on? Not that it matters tho, Snak goes hard and we give him **** all the time, we love him tho regardless, he knows that :3

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's the wrong way to approach things to get people better. I mean yeah, Snack and Shippo don't care, doesn't mean a majority of low-mid don't either.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
It's the wrong way to approach things to get people better. I mean yeah, Snack and Shippo don't care, doesn't mean a majority of low-mid don't either.
That's one thing you're wrong about.

I do care. I watch videos everyday, sometimes the ones from '08 and ****.

I can't make it to fests and locals all the time because I don't have a license. I've asked people to pick me up but it's out of the way the vast majority of the time.

I try to play Wifi but no one is on the Xat to play and the AiB ladder and Here are both way too much trouble imo.

Top Bottom