• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Aposl

Smash Ace
Bio goin in! Damn verbally ***** smacked! (this is directed at the guy with the Owen Wilson nose LMAO!)

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
What habits were these bio? Snack if you wanted to wifi so much you should of messaged me. Just like I mentioned to you back when we went to that tourny with joe. I'll gladly wifi and work with you on any issues and you can get me better at the same time lol...

I don't believe in the crap about watching vids... I'm sure it helps some ppl but def not all... Too many variables in vids/ppl(play styles)/characters

:phone:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
What habits were these bio? Snack if you wanted to wifi so much you should of messaged me. Just like I mentioned to you back when we went to that tourny with joe. I'll gladly wifi and work with you on any issues and you can get me better at the same time lol...

Well that's half true.

I think watching vids is the best thing you can do. Learning different styles and switching between them on the fly makes one an incredible player.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Bad timing. Working on quiz :8

And actually it would help me. I know a lot of match ups but not all... Even then I don't have every single bit memorized.

Coney

Smash Master
people learn different ways

neo and omni are players who are predominantly smarts-based, they "hone" their game with practice and diligence more than anything else, and they seek out resources to improve their games and win with contemplation of serious, hard data

but frame data and theorycraft does literally nothing for a player like me (i think lie is this way too), its just all instinctual and "feeling." these players win when they're "feeling" good, confidence is up, when they can get into the other person's head

some people think smash is a game you can practice and get better at, i think it's honestly more of a "have-it-or-you-don't" kinda deal, but that's just me

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
that's coming from a guy who has like 0 tech skill, lol.

but nah me and neo come from melee: where tech skill and practicing data is required along with mindgames aka getting into a person's head

i mean tbh Coney u werent getting better until you... practiced at it

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
I said I would wifi you months ago... Drive is a very important thing. ESP for this game lol. I kinda regret picking up peach when the game came out. But my drive told me to stick with her :/. I want to learn other characters tho

Coney

Smash Master
that's coming from a guy who has like 0 tech skill, lol.

but nah me and neo come from melee: where tech skill and practicing data is required along with mindgames aka getting into a person's head

i mean tbh Coney u werent getting better until you... practiced at it
exactly, that's what i mean though

practice is big, but people practice in different ways. mine wasn't really to get better, because i was already pretty good, i just hesitated where i shouldn't have and anticipated too far into the future

i'm not saying that the two are exclusive, but most people are obviously more inclined to one side or another. its not like i don't know my ****, but it means less to me than someone like you

KageMurphy

Smash Master

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Wow I missed a lot

Here at ATHF, we believe in creating drama, not being the source of it. With that said, we take no responsibility for the massacre on this thread.

I wanted to take a moment and agree with Coney, Coney ****s up tech stuff all the time but still is successful. It's because he has one up on the opponent that he can score victories. The melee vets rely more on precision and downloading styles to be victorious rather than adapting right away

Case in point: NEO didn't have lie's style downloaded, lost a few times, and now it's a free match for him and I doubt he'll lose again anytime soon to him. Both ways are successful, but each have cons and pros.

As for stuck up higher ups that say they don't have to help the mid levels- step it up. If you want to succeed as a region you can help train the young folk to be near your level. It will also buff your own game once they start reaching your level. Case in point- NASCAR Champion Jeff Gordon chose a man named Jimmie Johnson to drive his new race team while he still competed. Johnson ended up accelerating past Gordon and winning 5 championships, which has now propelled Gordon to a new level. The same can apply here.

Regarding the scrubs who expect something from higher level players- Don't. Step up your own game. If you want someone to help you, look around. Someone is always willing to help. EE became great friends with Anti. They trained on wifi, and now EE has turned from someone who used to lose to my ike with MK to solidly beating me in dittos and getting some big wins. If you want to make it happen, it is available to you. The people who are good now had good teachers but also had or have a greater desire to progress themselves.

So, in short, both points are valid. ATHF- sorry i missed our practice session yesterday, i'll be at the next one, count on it. Also I might be down for smashing on wednesday, who's up for it?

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Ahh. What a good example. Thank you Tant. That actually gave a better picture of the situations. I also like the fact EE got help from someone from another region lol.

I would like to smash wednesday!!! Plus I can ask you some advice on tourny stuff Tant :$. Maybe running one in laurel soon.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Yo, I'm awesome, how? Straight edge living.

:017:

Also, if anyone goes to the MK banned event in NJ this Saturday I'll come, if not, gonna play some Yugioh

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
Nice. I'm running chaos stun myself. I only recently got into yugioh since my friends got me into it so I don't actually own cards yet and I'm waiting for prices to go down. Maybe you would be willing to help me out with my deck?

i can i have alot of cards im not using.just tell me what you need.:)

Aposl

Smash Ace
hey guys i dont want to beat this to death but its REALLY IMPORTANT that we get this partnership with Twitch.tv so please go to out Twitch account and help us get 250 subscribers by Wednesday, 4k being the overall goal!

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_fWkHIb0M
the official PSA

also, anyone who follows us, if you could then just get one person to continue the trend we will have our numbers in no time. Thanks guys!

Aposl

Smash Ace
go ahead! No one will stop you from helping, and I would appreciate it greatly!

Aposl

Smash Ace
over all we need 4kbut our immediate gaol is 250 by wednesday night! so we are only 55 away at the moment so I thank everyone so far!

On a separate note what does everyone think about the week after thanksgiving for the next Xanadu?

Top Bottom