• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

alex073088

Smash Rookie
i don't play + anymore and i don't much care for vanilla either but i'll play - and/or melee!
i havent tried brawl - or + yet. but im excited about the textures. Thats probabdly my favorite part.
Im super bored and live in baltimore even though I know snake/jiggs is not a jigglypuff favorite mu.

@falco I wanna get better here so bad, that would be nice to be the next takeover or perhaps better, its will be tough takeover almost beat ally in the snake ditto, plus Coney says hes a good snake.
I dont mind playing snake, i play alot of unfavorable match-ups quite often. At the end of the day losing them will hopefully make me a better player. Though i generally now at the point beating or atleast putting up a good fight with the smash bros players i do know.What part of baltimore do u live in?
yea bro.....

sypher biweeklys melee/brawl+

idk anything that does brawl in VA....but in MD they do that shiz all the time...
Where are these biweeklys taking place? i would love go, and earn some experince points..

Whats p:m smash bros?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
^train hard

this community is boring because mid level players aren't improving anymore

last set of mid level players making a huge skill jump were:

lie
june
seagull
takeover
coney

:phone:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
@ Omni I want to make a jump in level soooo much, I'll show up to any thing any time any place, although its a Lot harder without my car :( being here ( In Texas I would be willing to drive 6 hours for a tourney, maybe more) but I'll find ways to get around.

@Alex I live downtown by John Hopkins.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
that's how you breed community and competition, though

for instance, i could bring up how i could talk about how, at my prime, i used to body absolutely everyone in this region with ****ing :dedede: , regardless of how bad the matchup was, but...

you already knew that
I mean it makes sense that other regions would **** talk other regions for competition, but...
idk w/e

Coney

Smash Master
zak somehow dodged me for that entire season in tourny ;)
Considering your immaculate tournament record with C-tier characters, I'd reckon that for you our separation this was less of a "missed opportunity" and more of a "dodged bullet".

The hardest thing about your Standardknight is the fact that I wasn't around in 2008, so I'm used to fighting MKs that are more...developed. Refined. A good Metaknight is like an aged Cabernet Sauvignon. Yours is Pabst Blue Ribbon.

It is regrettable, though, that the only two I haven't slaughtered in tournament are you and NEO. No matter, I bet I could ask Bionic to put together a Metaknight script that does nothing but dash attack, tornado and punish spotdodges in a subpar fashion. Perfect simulation. I wonder how it would do against Kingtoon? Are you against substitutions?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
@ Omni I want to make a jump in level soooo much, I'll show up to any thing any time any place, although its a Lot harder without my car :( being here ( In Texas I would be willing to drive 6 hours for a tourney, maybe more) but I'll find ways to get around.

@Alex I live downtown by John Hopkins.
John Hopkins is huge. Do you mean by the shopping center that has Subway/Cold Stone/Sandellis/Chipotle and on the other side a barnes and noble?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It is regrettable, though, that the only two I haven't slaughtered in tournament are you and NEO. No matter, I bet I could ask Bionic to put together a Metaknight script that does nothing but dash attack, tornado and punish spotdodges in a subpar fashion. Perfect simulation. I wonder how it would do against Kingtoon? Are you against substitutions?
*ahem*

You did slaughter me with wario one time, but never with the penguin

Coney

Smash Master
*ahem*

You did slaughter me with wario one time, but never with the penguin
I did at UGZ, in pools once. We were in a pool with Meep and Sassy. It's the only time, though, in a series of hundreds.

ur doing it wrong Zak

can't callout someone you can't beat

"Can't" and "haven't" are similar, dear, but they're two different-colored apples.

Consider: It's not that I can't put that old, disillusioned, sick dog out of its painful misery yet, I just haven't because I haven't had the fortune of having the mangy waste limp close enough so that I can. Plus, wouldn't it be dishonorable for a student to defeat his sensei, even if said sensei is senile, crazed and washed-up? Maybe you're right though, might be best to put you down Old Yeller style before you embarrass yourself anymore. Losing to G&W and Toon Link with the best character in the game? I don't even think you have to jump in those matchups. Please just hand off that character to someone with an ounce of insight, because it's obvious the last three years have just breezed by you. In a game where adaptation and evolution is key, you're Rip Van Winkle snoring on his laurels.

anyone playing today?

i actually might like to! please call me if you get something going or whatever :teeth:

i think kenny said some people were going down to VA, i can drive us down there maybe but we'd have to be back tonight and i'd need a bit of gas moneys

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
can't use G&W as example since I went in on Gimr and Vinnie last tournament

tl gay

I created you Zak. I can destroy you.

ew @ driving all the way to Kenny's. somewhere closer!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I helped fuel his :metaknight: and :wolf: matchup experience. But as a result...We go even in :metaknight: vs :dedede: and he wins about 80% of the time in :dedede: vs :wolf: (No surpise there rofl).

Least I've never fallen for spotdodge or airdodge or roll to utilt.

Is anyone doing anything Sunday or Monday? A labor day or Sunday smashfest could/would be great and I'd gladly travel or host something. We also could just meet at the Umbc gameroom.

"Nexus wrote at 1:27 AM on Sep 2, 2011 :
In bracket i have a couple wins, kiraflax n vato. as far as mms, ive beaten logic, arty, raz, anuar, fierce. Meh ive beaten a few people. If i were to have put this off of results i would have likely not put myself in there. cuz i did really ****ing terribly up until 2-3 months ago. and last turney i didnt do so hot either. sick johns lol. "

REALLY? How'd you lose a MM to NEXUS Logic?
:018:

vato_break

Smash Master
for the record he beat me in a side tournament when i was high but i came back in beat him in losers and WON the tournament smh ..he probably beat logic like vs his falcon or something..nexus the truth bender

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
In bracket i have a couple wins, kiraflax n vato. as far as mms, ive beaten logic, arty, raz, anuar, fierce. Meh ive beaten a few people. If i were to have put this off of results i would have likely not put myself in there. cuz i did really ****ing terribly up until 2-3 months ago. and last turney i didnt do so hot either. sick johns lol. "

Just to clarify, I've never lost a Money match against Nexus. >.>

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
can anyone help out mekos
lie told him he could stay at his house, however mekos got there and lie apparently left... can anyone house him tonight or until lie gets back?

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm just going to have to start driving myself to tournaments. I just turned 17 Wednesday, so maybe I'll be able to start driving to tournaments. The thing is they are all so far away. Woodbridge is 2hr and 30 min from my house lol.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I helped fuel his :metaknight: and :wolf: matchup experience. But as a result...We go even in :metaknight: vs :dedede: and he wins about 80% of the time in :dedede: vs :wolf: (No surpise there rofl).

Least I've never fallen for spotdodge or airdodge or roll to utilt.

Is anyone doing anything Sunday or Monday? A labor day or Sunday smashfest could/would be great and I'd gladly travel or host something. We also could just meet at the Umbc gameroom.

I'd go to a UMBC fest.

Top Bottom