• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
All I see is complaining

all it takes to fix that is a cot5 register and driving there

and tko there's a great club in philly i know you'd love to hit up during the tourney ;)
i wont be there but if i were u i would make sure you go

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yes chibo because now that you mention the club it makes me want to waste 200+ dollars to go to it.

you are more persuading me not to go by still posting.

either way I'm going because it might be one of the last chances i get to chill with allied if he actually moves to Texas...probably not going to enter though...don't have a good doubles partner

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
alcohol is like 60 tops for 4 bottles of vodka

usually when I go to nationals the Hotel goes on MY card then I under charge everyone because I usually have the most money anyway when we split for hotel

I drive an acura which takes premium which means if I fill up from around E its 50+ now

don't know how much registration is but I'm sure its over 35.

Food? for a whole weekend atleast another 20

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
it's all good. I'm playin'. It just stinks that you have to pay so much for such a close tournament

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
are you not doing the same thing? - alcohol

besides I'd rather go to genesis than this anyway and I already booked my ticket to that.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I always find a really cheap hotel. So I usually don't pay much, for a tournament in Jersey or PA that I stay the night at a hotel at, I usally spend about 80 bucks

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll sign up probably at the end of this month Chibo. Probably be the last national I go to before Apex 3.

Gas prices are WAY too high at the moment =/.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i just now realized how funny the name "Seagull Man" really is

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i just now realized how funny the name "Seagull Man" really is
I know what you mean. Tis why I'd rather change my gamer name or people just call me Joe. People always tell me to not change my name though. I wish I could go back to Turkeywonder. Turkeywonder is sucha better name.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Turkeywonder... no.

Maybe you should name yourself Seagull Woman after FLA :awesome:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Then we'd have to stop saying typical gull post

that's unacceptable

Edit: Joe, going home every night is gonna be just as expensive. To go to philly and back from ellicott city is a tank of gas nearly, its probably near 40 bucks a day and you won't get much sleep. We will find an affordable room

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Nah...It ain't THAT expensive. I'm gonna just go home every day. I assure you two hours of driving both ways won't equate to 40 dollars unless you have a very ****ty mileage. Not to mention my car takes regular gas and has a 13 gallon tank...I never get much sleep at nationals, which doesn't concern me because that's coffee's job to remedy me.

:phone:

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Nah...It ain't THAT expensive. I'm gonna just go home every day. I assure you two hours of driving both ways won't equate to 40 dollars unless you have a very ****ty mileage. Not to mention my car takes regular gas and has a 13 gallon tank...I never get much sleep at nationals, which doesn't concern me because that's coffee's job to remedy me.

:phone:
wtf u driving a hybrid?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Slikvik is correct. The drive round trip is 222 miles, now making that trip twice makes it 444. Based on the avg MPG of a 4 cylinder toyota camry, you would get about 24 miles per gallon. Divide that out and that is 18.5 gallons of gas needed to make the trip twice. Running gas at the price of 3.79 per gallon (probably under what it will actually be), your cost for two days worth of going to philly will be 35.06 per trip, or 70.12 total.

10maths

So basically, if you can get a room for less than 35.06 for one night, you would be saving money and a TON OF TIME by doing so. If you split with our room, it should be mad easy.

Edit: My estimaing says chibo will get rooms for 109 or 119 somewhere since it is only a 2 day tournament

Meaning, if we get a room for 119 per night, and we stay friday and saturday, and you only stay on saturday, we will only charge you one night. If we split 5 ways, then your cost of a room would be 23.80. If we get rooms for less than that, then even better.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I did the calculations myself and I'd only spend about 65-70 dollars at a gas rate of 3.875 a gallon. I save 10-20 dollars. Big whoop.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I do enjoy driving, but I'll see what happens. Nothing is set in stone at this point other then that I'm going.

It's pretty rare for me to travel to tourneys not within Md in general lmao.

If I do room then it'd probably be with where ever Caitie wants to room.

Top Bottom