• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
blame the clubs...lol

Real talk though, I made a good amount of friends from this region and pretty much the world through smash and I think thats what kept me here so long.

but now as time goes on I don't see brawl getting any more interesting then it is atm and most of the people I actually like hanging out with outside of brawl (Slik, Coney, Pink fresh...etc) I see them enough.

so maybe it is time to really stop playing?....idk...I'll probably show up to most regionals and nationals but entering? probably not.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
referred to females as females instead of *****es. had to correct myself

btw. ****s gonna be poppin at this spot called the clubhouse off georgia ave tonight. my boys bday and mad *****es will be there

yea, i don't have the desire/or time to play consistently...o well

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uhhh I'm going to a concert with Cate tonight...and tomorrow night...LOL...that girl has been occupying my life

also Mohawk's friend that went to the club with us has that has that on and off boyfriend...well they are on again

I hate her...she was putting on me on the dancefloor only to hit me with the "in a relationship status" on FB....LOL

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I MEAN YOU TOLD ME THAT but I didnt know they was on and off like every other damn day...lol

why even break up?

and idk idt mohawk chick is going but she added me on facebook so you should add her imo.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I don't think I'll be making Xanadu. Money is tight and gas has been putting a brutal pounding on me lately.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I don't think it's dead. I just think people aren't gonna go to anything unless it really benefits them and they know for a fact people are going to show up.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^which is why its dead

its exactly like a party.

"I ain't going if you aren't going"

"well I'm not going if these 2 other people aren't going"

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
When our only significant tourneys are "Regionals" where people show up, it's no surprise this scene is very small now.

I think in the summer time the brawl Md/Va scene will pick up again. Well more the Md scene. Md/Va might as well split up at this point to just Md because only Va folk left are like June, Boss (Doesn't enter singles), Korn (Rarely comes), Sova, and some other fredericksberg peepz.

I love going to tourneys and playing brawl with you guys, but not to the degree I'd spend every weekend at a tourney filling a pot.

I'm sure Logic, Gimr, Lie, and Aposl will continue hosting tourneys, which is respectable, but I recommend they hold tourneys once a month to give people time to take off work/school and practice if they want to attend.

I don't know the next tourney I will attend, but it probably won't be till middle or end of May at this point (Except mid tiers because my work schedule doesn't coincides with that event making me able to attend).

Also in an unrelated note: You can now edit your details to include a Melee character on the side with brawl. I think that's cool cause now I have both Falco and Wolf LOL. Too bad Mk or Wolf weren't in Melee.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea the oversaturation of tourneys kinda of killed it also

I know there was like a 6 week stretch of saturday tournies one time...lol

Omni

BRoomer
It's not even the oversaturation IMO. People are just losing interest in the game.

I mean the last Xanadu was hype 'cuz we got OOS to come and we *****. But I mean, Idk. It just seems like the community is getting smaller and smaller.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
we should make sure we don't take what could be just a coincidence and turn it into "the scene is dying."

If people have a negative attitude and continually state "the scene is dying", then it's going to die.

Omni

BRoomer
Yeah, but it's silly to ignore it, too. Having a positive attitude towards the Japanese nuclear diasaster doesn't change the fact that it is still a diasaster.

I do think VGBC & Friends should tone it down on throwing so many tournaments. I think it's having more of a negative affect like TKO said.

But yeah, the scene is dying. You can tell directly by looking at the PR list and the pretty lame state of this PR thread.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Most people complaining either aren't that good and give up or never ventured out of state much to experience other **** I guess. This region is just wack sometimes, least some new heads make an effort. Either way, ride it till them wheels fall off, least VG and some others still have a competitive spirit.

I suck and I still like playing, dat addiction.

Omni

BRoomer
I've been to CT and PA.

But yeah, to each their own. Things are lookin' kinda' grim right now.

Lobos

Smash Master
Whats the difference between now and back in decemeber? lol

negative nancy omni

oh btw i'm totally done with brawl....2.5 years is enough LMAO

Top Bottom