• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We notched off some key wins that made a lot of people's tournament lives much different

Slik over Riddle
June over DEHF
Seagull over Shaky
Speed over DSF
GIMR over Kiraflax
Candy over Nairo/Vinnie
Coney over Bloodcross/Will

Edit: I don't know why people are saying we're inconsistent. I think Xzax is really good, people aren't giving him enough credit for his accomplishment.

ChuDat

Smash Master
On another note, I profited about $60 in money matches :). Not bad but I feel like I got a lot better.

I'm money matching Xzax at VC8 :mad:. Yes, I'm salty.

Inui, doubles money match at VC8? Me and any MD/VA'er.

Also, P~S is going down the next time I play him ;)

Haunted Halloween Bi-weekly on October 30th? I think so :)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
If I came to this I would've got Top 5.

You guys suck.

*exit the mk main*

Omni

BRoomer
I've been giving it a lot of thought and I think it may be time for me to retire from Brawl.

It's like going to your favorite restaurant for years only to find out your favorite dish is being replaced with a really mediocre one. But since it's your favorite restaurant and all your friends eat there you keep going anyway. And then you take a bite out of the new dish. And each stale crunch reminds you of flavorly goodness of your previous existing favorite dish. And then you get mad and question why you keep eating here.

And you get up and you're getting ready to walk out but then you see all your friends and they're all eating the same mediocre meal and having fun and you're like, "Man, well I guess I can deal with it since I've got awesome people around me." So you sit back down and sometimes, and I mean sometimes, the good company you are in gives the illusion that the mediocre meal you're eating is actually pretty tasty.

But after sitting down for too long you remember and not even the good company you're around dissolves the blandness of the dish. But you do your best to stick with it.

Meanwhile, new resturants are opening all around you with much more exciting and tastier foods. Foods you can eat for hours at a time and never get full or dissatisfied. And you visit those places and you're like, "Wow, what am I doing eating that mediocre food? This is so good."

And then one day it hits you.

"I can get the yummy and much more tastier food To-Go and just eat it at the original restaurant where all my friends are."

The End.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I've been giving it a lot of thought and I think it may be time for me to retire from Brawl.

It's like going to your favorite restaurant for years only to find out your favorite dish is being replaced with a really mediocre one. But since it's your favorite restaurant and all your friends eat there you keep going anyway. And then you take a bite out of the new dish. And each stale crunch reminds you of flavorly goodness of your previous existing favorite dish. And then you get mad and question why you keep eating here.

And you get up and you're getting ready to walk out but then you see all your friends and they're all eating the same mediocre meal and having fun and you're like, "Man, well I guess I can deal with it since I've got awesome people around me." So you sit back down and sometimes, and I mean sometimes, the good company you are in gives the illusion that the mediocre meal you're eating is actually pretty tasty.

But after sitting down for too long you remember and not even the good company you're around dissolves the blandness of the dish. But you do your best to stick with it.

Meanwhile, new resturants are opening all around you with much more exciting and tastier foods. Foods you can eat for hours at a time and never get full or dissatisfied. And you visit those places and you're like, "Wow, what am I doing eating that mediocre food? This is so good."

And then one day it hits you.

"I can get the yummy and much more tastier food To-Go and just eat it at the original restaurant where all my friends are."

The End.

Have you ever seen those people who go to restaurants by them selves? Do you ever not feel bad for them? :chuckle:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well if you quit I hope you still like help me train from time to time and track my progress and s**t

it really helped..

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
BTW does you quitting mean you're not interested in running tourneys?

Omni

BRoomer
well if you quit I hope you still like help me train from time to time and track my progress and s**t

it really helped..
i wouldn't have a problem with that.

BTW does you quitting mean you're not interested in running tourneys?
hrm. nah, i'm still interested in running tournaments. i may even still be up for holding the training sessions and just focus on getting everyone else better. but i dont think i want to enter any more tournaments. at least not for a long time.

maybe i just need a long break. or maybe i just need to play more melee/sc2/bomberman blast. who knows

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Omni do you have the power to change my name to TKbrO on smashboards?

and if not who do I go to to do that?

Omni

BRoomer
Omni do you have the power to change my name to TKbrO on smashboards?

and if not who do I go to to do that?
if you want a name change you have to purchase premium. once you do that e-mail Virgilijus and he should be able to change your name

Coney

Smash Master
i get what you're saying; honestly i wouldn't play this game if there were a better version out, or if ddd wasn't in it. but the truth is smash is really completely unique and it's the only game i really enjoy competitively, and ddd is literally the only character that isn't so boring/bad that i can't use them in a competitive atmosphere.

the thing is, so many people say they're out and they just come right back in...i don't know if it's the game or the community but, it seems like brawl is a difficult thing to remove oneself from.

Omni

BRoomer
but i wanna quit so bad. so baaad...

everything you've said tho coney is spot on

it's like a drug i don't want to be addicted to. like having sex with fat women or some kind of abusive, life threatening drug

and watch me be ready to do these brawl bootcamp training sessions in full force within a week or two...

Coney

Smash Master
brawl is really the only game that's ever appealed to me competitively tbh, except for maybe mario strikers, but nobody plays that **** and it's really just as busted

it also gets more appealing the less you play of it. i know after a tourney i just don't wanna play (or if i do, it's random characters with items and ****, that's GREAT for blowing off steam) but the next week i'm wanting to throw a smashfest or something

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
i get what you're saying; honestly i wouldn't play this game if there were a better version out, or if ddd wasn't in it. but the truth is smash is really completely unique and it's the only game i really enjoy competitively, and ddd is literally the only character that isn't so boring/bad that i can't use them in a competitive atmosphere.

the thing is, so many people say they're out and they just come right back in...i don't know if it's the game or the community but, it seems like brawl is a difficult thing to remove oneself from.
agreed, my good sir.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
m2k vs esam was a really epic set, i was cheering for m2k really hard and it was intense.
but you gotta admit, the ending was SOOO boring and bad. M2K got a ahead slightly, lost his stock, and then it was 1 stock to 1 with like 3 minutes left. m2k basically ran around doing "safe"(more like impenetrable) moves all spaced perfect, with no real intention of hitting, just running out clock and making esam just chase him around relentlessly. such a close epic set, ended so terribly

M2K did was was right, but COME ON, get a slight % lead on your last stock with 3 minutes left and the best option is to jump around dairing all match? every match has to come to that and its lame as hell. ive said it before, brawl players dont play to win, they play to not lose.

chillindude829

Smash Master
fix'd

least we got sc2?:urg:
lmao, md/va is pretty bad at melee but we're a joke at brawl. not a single player who can place top 10 at a national at all. chu is still better at melee than he is at brawl despite never playing.

at least tope can go to georgia and place 3rd, whens the last time md/va got top 5 in an OOS brawl singles event... period?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
m2k vs esam was a really epic set, i was cheering for m2k really hard and it was intense.
but you gotta admit, the ending was SOOO boring and bad. M2K got a ahead slightly, lost his stock, and then it was 1 stock to 1 with like 3 minutes left. m2k basically ran around doing "safe"(more like impenetrable) moves all spaced perfect, with no real intention of hitting, just running out clock and making esam just chase him around relentlessly. such a close epic set, ended so terribly

M2K did was was right, but COME ON, get a slight % lead on your last stock with 3 minutes left and the best option is to jump around dairing all match? every match has to come to that and its lame as hell. ive said it before, brawl players dont play to win, they play to not lose.
Timing people out IS playing to win, having the patience to time somebody out is a skill, not everybody can do it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I was thinking the same thing...LMAO

the melee players are about to have a ball with that sentence

he meant that s**t from the heart too...lmao

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Timing people out IS playing to win, having the patience to time somebody out is a skill, not everybody can do it.
Agreed.

I was thinking the same thing...LMAO

the melee players are about to have a ball with that sentence

he meant that s**t from the heart too...lmao
Most Melee players are bad at their own game, even the supposed top ones.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
why play a fighting game where the winning strategy is to not fight? i admit it takes skill to be good at brawl, but the strategies to win mostly involve not fighting and not approaching.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
why play a fighting game where the winning strategy is to not fight?
it is A WAY to win. in a lot of games you can do the same thing(it might be more difficult) but you can still do it, and even in melee its done(see players that actually want to camp in melee). Hbox and mango have admitted to being so good for playing gay and camping.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
why play a fighting game where the winning strategy is to not fight?
Did you know that is a dominant strategy in all fighting games? It's not as dominant as it is in Brawl, but being defensive and reactive is much better than attacking even in Melee.

If you can't see that...then...wow...

Look at Melee; two campy patient Jigglypuff players are crushing everyone and a Peach that throws 8,000 turnips per match is right underneath them.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LMFAO

god this is ironic
I know your opinion of me is low regardless of anything, but am I wrong?

For instance, I watched Shiz approach M2K when he was two stocks up and then get gimped three times when he had a 99.9% chance of winning if he just stood across the stage and shot lasers instead. Why did he do that? Just camp and win.

Top Bottom