• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

g-regulate

Smash Hero
as far as i know, there are little if any Richmond Brawl players. however, melee players like tope, cyrain, doll, savege, and the rest of team richmond still play down there. junebug doesnt live in richmond

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Wasn't sure if I should've made a thread for this or not, but I think I'll be fine posting here.

Anyway, if me and (possibly) TheTantalus were to host a tournament in my area of Lusby, MD, who would come? I have plenty of pot fillers down here would gladly attend, but I didn't know if anyone from the actually Smash community would show up or not due to me being so far away from everyone. So give me your thoughts on whether I should try and put something together or not.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Wasn't sure if I should've made a thread for this or not, but I think I'll be fine posting here.

Anyway, if me and (possibly) TheTantalus were to host a tournament in my area of Lusby, MD, who would come? I have plenty of pot fillers down here would gladly attend, but I didn't know if anyone from the actually Smash community would show up or not due to me being so far away from everyone. So give me your thoughts on whether I should try and put something together or not.
Where exactly is Lusby?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Like an hour south of Silver Spring, 2 hours south of Bmore. It's like real out of the way for most people...but I was just wondering if anyone would consider coming if I were to run one.

If you need to know how far away you are from you're area in particular, use Mapquest or Google Maps.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Like an hour south of Silver Spring, 2 hours south of Bmore. It's like real out of the way for most people...but I was just wondering if anyone would consider coming if I were to run one.

If you need to know how far away you are from you're area in particular, use Mapquest or Google Maps.
I'll go anywhere as long as I can catch A ride or The Bus/metro/light rail

Just gotta find which way I need first.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hackfest is getting really hyped! NY just confirmed. Hope to see a lot of MD/VA at this. Don't let me down! We gotta hold it down on our home turf.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so no brawl tournaments this week, only BRAWL PLUS!!!!

everyone who has never played brawl plus should check it out and see how they like it!

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I may be heading to Monstar Monthlies.
Hope to get some practice in with good players, god knows I need it.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Anybody interested in buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?

There's a free drawing...if you guys click the link below and fill out the answers to the survey, then you get your name in the drawing ALONG with me. The winner gets a copy of Modern warfare 2.

Even if you're not interested in the game, please help a fellow hokie? And if you win, sell the thing. it's sure to be hot the first month.

LINK: http://www.playfire.com/win-codmw2/323337373730

ANSWERS TO SURVEY:
1. Infinity Ward
2. PS3, Xbox 360 and PC
3. November 10th 2009
4. fourzerotwo
5. Dual-wield handguns
6. Modern Warfare 2: Ghost
7. False - it's one iteration on
8. Square Enix
9. Task Force 141
10. Sargeant Gary "Roach" Sanderson

Winners picked on 8th of November.

Thanks guys.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If this ever gets updated, could you add Hackfest 5.0 to it? It's on January 9th. We will be hitting BWW and laser tag after the tourney.

Also, Vanz and half a dozen players from the NY B+ crew Insomniac (Gurukid, Blackanese, etc) are already confirmed. This is gonna be a big one. Hopefully MD/VA can come out for this to defend our home turf.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
MD/VA has very few melee tournaments. In fact, I am pretty sure we have more brawl+ events than melee. That may change in the future if there is a strong enough push. If you are really interested in melee try PA they have some everynow and then. It seems the best place on the East coast for melee is MA but that could just be because they have so few tournaments than one or two melee events a month seems like a lot.

Honestly you have a better shot at finding melee tournaments in other states, in which this thread may be useful to you. Not as good as the local finders though.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251487

Top Bottom