• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBR membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
name search ftw :p

glad to see people would consider me for something like this.

in all seriousness, PockyD is a good choice for something like this. he knows the game at least as well as, if not better than, I do, and is a very formidable debater. I know he's not a popular pick and will be shot down as a troll or something, but I'm throwing his name into the discussion, because whether people care to acknowledge it or not, he should at the very least be considered.

in addition to assuring character diversity in something like this, regional diversity is also a must. if a region feels unrepresented in the MBR, they will have a hard time respecting the work that comes out of it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What about Melee players that are already in the SBR-B? AOB said we could already apply through the group memberships for it if we wished to.

As for suggesting other people, some people that come to mind that aren't already in it or already in the SBR-B are:
-Scar
-Pakman
-Vanz
-Magus420
-teh_spamerer
-Cactuar
-JFox
-Mogwai

Yea it's pretty Tristate bias lol, but that's how we roll (aka, it's the players I am familiar with the best and can safely recommend)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
What about Melee players that are already in the SBR-B? AOB said we could already apply through the group memberships for it if we wished to.

As for suggesting other people, some people that come to mind that aren't already in it or already in the SBR-B are:
-Scar
-Pakman
-Vanz
-Magus420
-teh_spamerer
-Cactuar
-JFox
-Mogwai

Yea it's pretty Tristate bias lol, but that's how we roll (aka, it's the players I am familiar with the best and can safely recommend)
I think we should try to mix it up, and choose a handful of knowledgable players from different regions. I'm not saying tristate doesn't ****; it would just be mad cheesy if 7 out of 15 MBR members were from the same region and played together. KirbyKaze, Unknown522 Mogwai, JFox, Dogy, Scar, Scotu, SKLER, and Magus would all be good picks.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
4% always votes for me in everything

i love that guy

cosmo would be really good too, he doesnt post as often as some but hes smart and would participate well

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
talented players always end up in the back rooms anyway. thats why they have no worry. for the resurrection of the back room, I'd like to fill it with intellect before I fill it with talent. The MBR uses much more intellect than it does player talent in its decision-making.

Kirby Kaze I'm unsure about. I've seen lots of good and lots of terrible **** both from him.
glad the person in charge shares my feelings about KK. i like what little you've already said about the mbr, mow. it already looks promising, and not like canada+mogwai like all these nominations are coming up with XD

i'm going to whittle my nominations down to rockcrock and n64.
i'd still nominate myself but it's surely a slim chance. i'm highly intellegent in and out of melee and play lots of characters well, but southwest smash is almost dead and no one here is respected without being nationally acknowledged, pretty much...so i find it hard to make a case for myself outside of what i think. still, hope to see some southern theorists in there if not me. timerbomb or tee aye eye, maybe :D

Tero.

Smash Champion
If we're talking about intellect, I'd nominate myself.
I'm going to nominate myself again if we're talking about talent.

D

Deleted member

Ideally, I'd like to add a couple europeans, some canadians, aussies, etc. I'm not adding 10/15 from the EC. I'm also not adding all of PA. While PA does have modwai, cactus, scar, pakman, and to a lesser extent pocky, you guys are going to have to narrow it down a bit.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ideally, I'd like to add a couple europeans, some canadians, aussies, etc. I'm not adding 10/15 from the EC. I'm also not adding all of PA. While PA does have modwai, cactus, scar, pakman, and to a lesser extent pocky, you guys are going to have to narrow it down a bit.
I'm not Modwai until KevinM decides to make me Falco boards mod T_T, so it's just Mogwai for now.

Also, I'm CT, not PA

Also, PockyD is California, not PA

Scar and Cactuar I would assume fall into the Lee Martin clause.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
rockcrock, knihT, strong_bad, n64, and myself are my nominations. this is judging from the main forums, not character-specific.
I don' feel that I'm knowledgeable/skilled/experienced enough at this game to be in any type of back room. Not sure what other people think, though. I think the fact that no one else has mentioned my name is a pretty good indication of that though =P
I've never really seen anything from strong bad other than his "DK is amazing" posts but that may be because I see him in the MW forums too.
DK sucks, I post that stuff because it's amusing. :D
my point is that while magus and ryoko certainly fulfill the first 2 and are also very talented players, they are no longer active and would probably have a hard time keeping up with tier discussions and new matchup changes and new tournament rules etc
uhh i talked to magus like 3 days ago and he said he still attended melee tournaments.
ryoko? i don't think he still plays melee.

Tero.

Smash Champion
LOL

kJaB is neither active on smashboards, nor has he that much knowledge in general (he sure knows his stuff, but that's mostly flashy unimportant things).
He isn't even active on the german board or the german back room.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Mango can't pass math? Eff that, I'll tutor him on AIM ^_^

But yeah, SBR people are also meant to act as regional mouthpieces as well. Any kind of SBR decision or discussion should have as many voices behind it as possible, which is why it's often about TOs and socially active members as well. Throwing in players just because they're good doesn't help that, since the best players tend to be concentrated near each other.

And yeah, between Genesis' results and making my video I found the burning passion within me to continue playing and writing about the game, so if MBR kicks me out I'll be really sad :(

Vegard

Smash Lord
LOL

kJaB is neither active on smashboards, nor has he that much knowledge in general (he sure knows his stuff, but that's mostly flashy unimportant things).
He isn't even active on the german board or the german back room.
lol you guys got your own back room? wow best example of elitism ever. such a small community, but still an own group for "special" people.

Tero.

Smash Champion
lol you guys got your own back room? wow best example of elitism ever. such a small community, but still an own group for "special" people.
We have more than 1000 members on the german boards and a Back Room consisting of 10-15 members.
But yeah elitism ftw.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
viperboy_74
XIF
Zoso
I never knew those guys were in the back room. I will have to harass TJ about it sometime. :)

Edit: Hell and aurafox. **** that is some old stuff right there. Is there any backroomer from the Midsouth that is active that is on BR now or what if it supposed to be region representatives or whatever?

Going down this list seeing all these old names, no wonder you guys want to replace people or get more people or whatever.

Scar

#HarveyDent
uhh i talked to magus like 3 days ago and he said he still attended melee tournaments.
ryoko? i don't think he still plays melee.
uhhh ive GONE to like every local melee tournament of note in the past 3 years

the last one magus was at was in NY like 3 months ago and he didn't enter, before that was a TSA-run event in jersey like a year and a half ago, and maybe a year before that he was active.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah probably.

but my point was that he isn't active in the current scene, and SB's "he goes to tournaments" post implied otherwise. inui's brawl events + side melee tournies do not count as active in the current melee scene @ all

and my OVERARCHING point is that MBR membership should probably be at least somewhat dependent on that

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
yeah probably.

but my point was that he isn't active in the current scene, and SB's "he goes to tournaments" post implied otherwise. inui's brawl events + side melee tournies do not count as active in the current melee scene @ all

and my OVERARCHING point is that MBR membership should probably be at least somewhat dependent on that
I agree. But come on..... it's magus.

EDIT: **** YOU MOGAWI

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I never knew those guys were in the back room.
I don't think we've met, but if we have and I just don't remember, my bad.

Arcnatural
Cactuar
Magus
Wobbles
Mogwai
Teczero

Off the top of my head.

JFox

Smash Hero
Magus may have more knowledge of melee's game engine than ANY other smashboards member. I think leaving him out would be a disservice to this community.

Umbreon- Just out of curiosity, how many people are you planning on having in the MBR? Right now theres close to 120. If you add 15 intelligent people, plus maybe 20 lee martins? I'm just wondering why you are keeping the MBR so privatized when there are clearly more than 15 really intelligent people on these boards.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Magus is a ridiculously helpful when it comes to most things and is very often called upon when a question about the game comes up. I agree with everyone else on this, also I see JFox posts pretty helpful posts fairly often and can intelligently talk about the game.

D

Deleted member

If you're looking for a fight, I can give you one really fast.

Don't do it again.

edit: JV give me the initial limit of 15. I'm probably going to cap it at 50 people. Total, after additions.

LuCKy

Smash Master
Mango can't pass math? Eff that, I'll tutor him on AIM ^_^

But yeah, SBR people are also meant to act as regional mouthpieces as well. Any kind of SBR decision or discussion should have as many voices behind it as possible, which is why it's often about TOs and socially active members as well. Throwing in players just because they're good doesn't help that, since the best players tend to be concentrated near each other.

And yeah, between Genesis' results and making my video I found the burning passion within me to continue playing and writing about the game, so if MBR kicks me out I'll be really sad :(
i passed it this year with an A-

=D

-mango

BunBun

Smash Master
Put up:
BigD
CunningKitsune
Magus420
Taj
Tec0

EDIT: And if we're also including regional voices and things, I'd like to put up myself and dmac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom