• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You're doing Brawl and Melee inspite of the issues you had at the first one?

You need to establish who's going to be on your staff.

Wait.

You need to establish who's ACTUALLY GOING TO DO ****. Xatic is the reason the tournament ran as well as it did and isn't he still going to be in New York?

And nothing personal but Ori is like the laziest co-TO I know. My experiences at BAMF and every time I have ever asked Ori to CO TO for one of my events, is why I say this. Again...nothing personal but yeah.

I'm concerned about how this will work efficiently.

When is singles starting?

Also tech this will probably be significantly smallervthN the lastbone, even if you count both brawl and melee, lots of people gone for the summer and I don't think a bunch of people are going to be traveling down to MI again so soon.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm not even confirmed for this. I'm still mad about the first one. I'm just worried for whoever goes. And in addition SPAU 1 started off small then got decent sized out of nowhere. They need a gameplan.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
JTsm, I might want to start a separate Melee thread for this sometime in the next few weeks, just to make things easier to organize. Just an FYI.

To address Tech's concerns, I recommend paying someone to sit behind the Brawl TO desk all day and update bracket + enter in tio results + take registration money. It's well worth the investment. I also think we should prohibit people from entering both doubles events (Brawl dubs, Melee dubs) because I've realized allowing this in particular slows things down big time.

JTsm

Smash Master
You're doing Brawl and Melee inspite of the issues you had at the first one?
Yup. Well I have Juggleguy handling the Melee stuff. Plus, I just sent Rob a PM about starting plans.
You need to establish who's going to be on your staff.
Handling that right now. PMing people as we speak. Already have Dakota and hopefully WTP.

You need to establish who's ACTUALLY GOING TO DO ****. Xatic is the reason the tournament ran as well as it did and isn't he still going to be in New York?
He'll be back, but won't be able to come. I got this though, relax.
And nothing personal but Ori is like the laziest co-TO I know. My experiences at BAMF and every time I have ever asked Ori to CO TO for one of my events, is why I say this. Again...nothing personal but yeah.
Yeah, uh... LOL yeah. I know.
I'm concerned about how this will work efficiently.
Yeah me too man. Me too. But seriously I am. I'm planning this **** 2 months in advance.
Responses in bold^
Tutu: I have a rough schedule up on the OP.

Juggleguy: I just sent a PM to you about all of that. Plus, the rule about not entering both events? Good. lol

Forgot to mention that SPAU2 will have the APEX 2012 ruleset.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Same Venue? I'll be at this unless something ******** happens to my schedule lol. I enjoyed the first one, can't wait for this.

JCav

Smash Lord
Not like I have much preference but why Apex stage list over Japanese when it was so popular at Snooping 1? (Or at least I thought it was)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I believe JTSM wants to experiment with Rulesets to see which one becomes his personal preference.

JTsm

Smash Master
Is this still Melee/Brawl?
Yeah it will still be Melee/Brawl. Juggleguy is making a separate thread for Melee to make it organized. The thread will be up in a couple days.

Brawl will have DSR on. Thanks for mentioning it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I believe me and Rage are teaming for this. I'm going to put some insane amount of practice for this. RAGE was my wakeup call that I need to stop doing bad at tourneys.

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
I have my Co-TO's and they are:

Dakota, Kevin and Aaron. Pingas.

Also: Melee thread won't be up, so SPAU 2 will have Brawl/Melee discussions here.

I have a couple of good ideas for this event to keep things "cooled" down, so look for updates in the near future ;)

ZTD | TECHnology

I haven't decided if I'm attending yet. I'm leaning towards "no" right now. It depends on what these ideas are...and how likely the possibility of Ori and Rage teaming so SK and I can destroy them.

I failed at Singles at RAGE. But Doubles...Dan and I are back and better than ever.

:yeahboi:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Derek if you and Dan can't beat Coco and I idk how you will fare when Rayquaza ad I are teaming

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I haven't decided if I'm attending yet. I'm leaning towards "no" right now. It depends on what these ideas are...and how likely the possibility of Ori and Rage teaming so SK and I can destroy them.

I failed at Singles at RAGE. But Doubles...Dan and I are back and better than ever.

If you make it... that MM must go down. We should up the stakes though...

Derek if you and Dan can't beat Coco and I idk how you will fare when Rayquaza ad I are teaming

$20 per person? :denzel:

edit:
I don't remember losing to you. Just Coco.

:denzel:
Shhh

Top Bottom