• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Wouldn't recommend August 4th, that's the day of /HOPE 5 which I think both MI Brawl and MI Melee would be interested in.

Also, July 21st is out of the picture if you want to host at Mason Hall since that's Art Fair weekend and there will be zero parking (literally). You can still host at Pierpont Commons though, it's nowhere near the Art Fair festivities.

JTsm

Smash Master
July 21st doesn't sounds like a bad idea. I'll definitely rent at Pierpoint if there are no other options on that day...

I recommend not hosting during the art fair, anyone coming from other cities are going to get ****ed by traffic on the way here, even if the actual venue isn't close.

Same with parking, people pay to park near my house and I live on the border of ann arbor and ypsi.

Is there possibly another date that we could use?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
funny how m2k picks jamnky stages too, both melee and brawl
m2k picks jamnky stages too, both melee and brawl
jamnky stages too, both melee and brawl
both melee and brawl
Hmmmmm....

MBR Singles Stage List said:
Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium
o

JTsm

Smash Master
I recommend not hosting during the art fair, anyone coming from other cities are going to get ****ed by traffic on the way here, even if the actual venue isn't close.

Same with parking, people pay to park near my house and I live on the border of ann arbor and ypsi.

Is there possibly another date that we could use?
29th of July seems to be the only other option.. August has stuff going on for tourneys

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
@ Tutu: Pierpont is over 2 miles from where the Art Fair is hosted, in the middle of a campus that nobody really visits over the summer. There won't be a parking problem there.

JTsm

Smash Master
Alright SPAU 2 will be on July 21st at Pierpoint commons.

I'll have to copy pasta TC's location info. L

JTsm

Smash Master
lol.

I need competent Co-TO's for this.... particularly someone that can seed pools well and another that can project their voice well.... pingas.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Alright SPAU 2 will be on July 21st at Pierpoint commons.

I'll have to copy pasta TC's location info. L
Man, I was shooting for a July tournament over here, and you're makin' things Difficult on me. I was all sorts of fine with your July 28th nonsense, too. Heh.

Still, I'll consider going if I have the available funds.

Roller

Smash Legend
Super, you can still host sometime in July. Also, it's perfectly ok if West MI has some tourneys meant primarily for West MI anyway. It might even be good for the scene. I would suspect motivation to improve would increase if people saw a less steep mountain to climb in order to get to the level of placing in the money.

Allows for shorter term goals which over time will lead to achieving greater goals.

JTsm

Smash Master
So for singles and doubles will still be $5, but there will also be a venue fee of $5.

Just a heads up :colorful:

JTsm

Smash Master
Updated OP with melee stuff :joyful:

~ More information will updated later ~

Kel

Smash Master
Just so you guys know; there is a tournament in NEOH on July 21st being held by Lokii. It's called Rage. This is not too far from you guys so you may want to enter it/ not choose July 21st for the next snooping.

JTsm

Smash Master
Ok so the date will be changed to August 25th since there is so much stuff going on even in August. lmao

I feel like this will be another big tourney. lol.

JTsm

Smash Master
That, and pretty much every other date was bad for either me or Juggleguy.

fZk

Smash Lord
JTSM I get $1 off the tourney fee because you forgot to give me the $1 for the large Sprite I got you at the last sf. I just randomly remembered now.

Top Bottom