• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

me9595

Smash Apprentice
I hope next time i wont end up in the pool with 4 meta knights, i know i need to work on that match up but still i like to win games every now and then

JTsm

Smash Master
Result thread will be up later. SPAU is truly the definition of WTF. LOE1, you'll be the next Roller. I believe Loe1 2012. L

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
Changed the title to Apex or Japanese since people want Japanese again.

Also there will be a venue fee of $5. Not sure for singles or doubles yet.

Might be getting a new venue, but we'll see sooner or later.

I played on FD 4 times that tournament, 2 of them I got cp'd to it, once we stage struck to there and I lost the one time I cp'd it myself.

unless you were making a point about DSR which I always believe should be on

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The counter picking / stage strike system was silly.

But eff delphino and CS, and this is coming from a guy playing d3. Walkoffs are lame.

We should do a different Japanese ruleset imo.
Or MK ban

Kel

Smash Master
I'll go to anything that I get a ride to. I don't really care about the rules, but I definitely missed DSR this last weekend.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
DSR can't be on with less than 7 stages. Otherwise a 3/5 set can run out of stages. And it's inconsistent to have rules only apply to finals.
Melee tourneys have started to do: 5 neutral stages + 1 counterpick stage, DSR enforced, but you can always counterpick the stage you struck to for the first game. I like that format a lot actually.

JTsm

Smash Master
DSR wasn't on since the number of stages, but I guess you could do that ^

Kel

Smash Master
There is also a variant where you cannot select the stage you last won on. This allows special rules essentially to be used in finals only while not affecting the rest of the tournament.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
coming from the person that only CP's 2 stages every tournament
At least none of them are janky :denzel:

And I don't recall BF, SV, Halberd, PS1, Delfino, FD, Lylat, and CS being 2 stages.

...****, Delfino and CS are janky stages. At least they're not as bad as Brinstar/RC.

:phone:

Top Bottom