• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread (Updated 01/13/2010) -- Please Submit Ratios and Summaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You did. :D

I kinda wish you hadn't, though. I've wanted to toss out some infractions for a while!

DARN YOU KIDS FOR READING THE RULES

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Sorry for the off-topic MU, but being a Ganon main, I wanted to add my own tidbit to the Yoshi vs. Ganon MU. I personally believe it's 75:25. The reason being that Ganon can not, in any way, shape or form approach Yoshi. Yoshi's pivot grab destroys his ground approachs and Yoshi's quick buffering ability outframes Ganon in almost every way. Ganon can't gimp Yoshi, he can be camped by him and has a very tough time landing kill moves on him, since he only has a handful of viable moves in this MU, entailing staling of moves.

The reason I believe it is not worst is because Yoshi does have such a rough time killing Ganon, whereas Ganon, if he DOES land a kill move, can do away with Yoshi around 120%. But again, the trouble is the fact that Yoshi shuts down every viable approach Ganon has and can combo him like a sandbag. A 65:35 for Ganon would be someone like Zelda, who shuts down most of his options, but not all, and he can still wiggle in. Ganon has very, very limited options versus Yoshi and he has to rely solely on the Yoshi's incompetence/impatience to get in.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sorry for the off-topic MU, but being a Ganon main, I wanted to add my own tidbit to the Yoshi vs. Ganon MU. I personally believe it's 75:25. The reason being that Ganon can not, in any way, shape or form approach Yoshi. Yoshi's pivot grab destroys his ground approachs and Yoshi's quick buffering ability outframes Ganon in almost every way. Ganon can't gimp Yoshi, he can be camped by him and has a very tough time landing kill moves on him, since he only has a handful of viable moves in this MU, entailing staling of moves.

The reason I believe it is not worst is because Yoshi does have such a rough time killing Ganon, whereas Ganon, if he DOES land a kill move, can do away with Yoshi around 120%. But again, the trouble is the fact that Yoshi shuts down every viable approach Ganon has and can combo him like a sandbag. A 65:35 for Ganon would be someone like Zelda, who shuts down most of his options, but not all, and he can still wiggle in. Ganon has very, very limited options versus Yoshi and he has to rely solely on the Yoshi's incompetence/impatience to get in.
its 95:5 cuz you have sparta kick therefore giving you an automatic +5 bonus in the mu

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Just when I had praised some guy for posting in here properly, someone comes in and does the opposite!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Get to fixin'.

I'll be here if you guys need me to move/update/burn stuff.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Remember, if you guys have summary stuff, post in here, PM me, VM me, or bump the matchup thread.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We decided that Yoshi v. MK is 65:35 MK's favor, ill add a summary later :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If I was deciding i would've said 60:40 MK, and since most were leaning towards 65:35, I asked for agreement from all, and there weren't any nos, so i took that as yes

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Confirmation by indecision is usually a pretty terrible way of doing things.

But people around here don't step up, so sometimes it's the only way to get things done.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It happened because MKs stopped being stupid and whoring their gay **** and actually started thinking and using the right gay option at the right time.

**** MK.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Crap.. if I lost on my first tournament cause of an MK I know i'll be losing alot from now becayse of MK. Plus to make it harder on us maybe a diddy kong or Falco.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Each improper apostrophe in that post makes me want to kill various cuddly farm critters.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Nah, if I had to rate Yoshi's top 5 worst match-ups, it'd be:

1. Lucario (duh)
2. Marth
3. Wolf
4. Toon Link
5. Diddy/Falco (I find them to be equally challenging)

And to remain on-topic, I suppose I'll vote for Airborne. =P

:069:

discuss.

I would say:

1. Lucario
2. MK/Wolf
3. Wolf/Falco
4. Tink

something like that :p

Lucario is without discussion our hardest, everything afterwards is subjective and depends on our personal surrounding imo

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mine would be:
1. Lucario
2. Wolf
3. Tink
4. Marth
5. Falco

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yeah Marth is 60:40 at worst.
it seems I agree with Delta.

Lucario our worst, without discussion
then MK
then Wolf
Toon Link.. possibly, spontanously I can't think about another character at the spot.

that four I would consider as "65:35", anyone missing?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't know about TL, I did beat Santi back at :aurel's RQ.
I think Lylat is a good stage to take him too...

1st - Lucario
2nd - MK
3rd - Wolf
4th - Falco

People may say falco is easy, but I still think lasers **** us pretty hard, (Even though not a serious tourney) I got reserve 3-stocked by someone who doesn't MAIN Falco, and then continues to **** me the following week at a real tourney with Falco.

D

Deleted member

Thats just you though.
Not even being mean, thats just them being better than you.

5 worst matchups:

1. Lucario (30:70 maybe?)
2. Fox (around lucario level, less momentum based, more onesided at neutral position than lucario is though)
3. MK (35:65 ish)
4. Wolf (same as MK)
5. Toon Link (just gay lol)

Marth and falco are both matchups where we have good options but the options of the other character are just stronger than ours so we lose.
Diddy i think we can have the advantage or even as long as the LGL isnt too strict. Diddy gets gayed so bad its so sad, he cant kill yoshi until like 170 unless u are stupid and let him pressure ur shield and then dsmash.
Wario is slight disadvantage, snake too, we **** both characters but they **** us back (and wario get to kill at 80).
Im not sure where to put pit, i think he beats yoshi badly but im not sure. Zero suit and pika are both slightly disadvantaged , peach is slight disadvantage, etc.

Useless thoughts just felt like id get um over with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom