• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread (Updated 01/13/2010) -- Please Submit Ratios and Summaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He wins in like every position XD
He out maneuvers, forces approaches, can avoid and counter all of our approaches, kills better, and his strings do more damage because his throws dont do 4 damage

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I do think that Fox is one of Yoshi's bad match-ups, but 2nd worst? I can't picture that at all.

Same thing with MK, but everyone seems to disagree with me there. I'm almost compelled to put MK at a 45:55, actually. *shrug*

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Marth isn't hard guys. Learn the match up. =/
I agree, I think that the only legitimatly gay MUs for us are Lucario/Wolf/Tink. Otherwise its not that bad.

And I agree with Polt on MK, but id lean a little more towards 60:40. We do MUCH better than a lot of the cast against MK.

bigman40

Smash Master
Honestly, I see fox not being in the top 5 in terms of difficulty as the others give us. Fox wins in a lot of scenarios (just like every other character that beats us), but we actually have a fairly good countering game when we're playing outside his range (not CQC and not where he can lazer safely). I find it to be a comfortably losing matchup, but not listed as the top 5 worst.

D

Deleted member

lol polt if i had gone to brackets today i woulda played DSF =]

I dunno, it seems really hard to land against MK.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I don't have experience against good Lucarios, so I can't comment on that, but I definitely agree with Wolf, TL, and MK being among our worst matchups. MK seems easier than he actually is a lot of the time because of how common MKs who don't play the MU properly are, but when they do play it right, it's really lame.

:005:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Recovering high is a good thing to do against MK, in my opinion. He does really well against Yoshi on the ledge. B-reversals and such should make it extremely difficult for MK to follow you in the air.

I just don't have as much trouble against MK than I do with Yoshi's other hard match-ups. I find Fox, Falco, and Diddy to be harder than him. In all of the match-ups I consider to be 40:60, MK is the one that's closest to becoming a 45:55.

D

Deleted member

I used to think diddy was yoshis worst.
Then i started playing terribly gay.
And now i beat every diddy i play (granted, i havent run into any top diddies) very badly.

Idk i b reverse a lot but i feel like nado just ***** yoshis landings too bad =[

O well. Its mostly our differing experiences, which is weird cuz i probably have played better falcos, and think its easier, while you play more good MKs and think its easier XD

Edit: The problem, scatty, is that fox is the best character in the game at moving in and out of ranges, and there is no range except CQC that is unsafe for fox to retreating SHTL against yoshi.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
v4 of Yoshi MU Chart? So we can start rediscussing every character?

Also Polt played a pretty good Fox yesterday and won, I WAS SO HYPED DURING THE MATCH. All I know is I can probably go up against his Snake, but not sure on Fox yet...

D

Deleted member

I have never played choice's anything.
I beat megafox on wifi i think.

D

Deleted member

Gnes: Lost to ike
Razer: Lost to ike
Dojo: Lost to sonic
Trela: idk he plays lucario hes bad
Espy: Lost to K prime and got 3 stocked by ESAM
K Prime: Not even notable?
Xyro: Again, nothing notable about xyro except he plays a bad character and doesnt win very often.
DMG: Again, nothing notable, doesnt place, etc
Polt: Terrible yoshi
Denti: a random

shall i continue (double posting)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
That post doesn't make much sense, Sockz. So what if people lose to Sonic or Ike or Pikachu?

I mean, if it's something like an Ice Climbers main losing to Ganondorf (or another 100-0 match-up) then it'd be a different story, but it doesn't matter who they lose to otherwise.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Obviously, but if you're going to troll at least try to make some sense. Of course, it'd be preferable if you didn't troll at all, but that's not going to happen.

Gnes

Smash Master
Xyro: Again, nothing notable about xyro except he plays a bad character and doesnt win very often.

LOL judging from your location, and considering your region gets ***** by ness and sonic u can calm down.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Fuuuuuuuu

Gness went in before I could. Effn name searching brings us to the yoshi's... o_o

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Actually ive beat notable players.

Ive also beat all yoshis including you if we ever meet.

bigman40

Smash Master
Recovering high is a good thing to do against MK, in my opinion. He does really well against Yoshi on the ledge. B-reversals and such should make it extremely difficult for MK to follow you in the air.

I just don't have as much trouble against MK than I do with Yoshi's other hard match-ups. I find Fox, Falco, and Diddy to be harder than him. In all of the match-ups I consider to be 40:60, MK is the one that's closest to becoming a 45:55.
Not necessarily. Recovering high isn't the best option because the placement is more odd than coming in at a mid section of the level. Coming from the top still has us in range of MK's wacky shuttle loop's directions whenever we're deciding to go for the ledge (down-b or by fast falling), and Uair/Nado covers even more options sadly.

MK has to make a little more clear decision if you come in at a mid level. This allows you to choose whether to DJAD or go for the ledge with lower chances of being hard read. Uair/nado is slightly lowered in effectiveness in this scenario.

But mainly, I'd say recover everywhere (with recovering low the least amount of times used)because some places force MK to do harder choices to make gimping more successful.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I guess it's kind of situational. I mean, if MK is trying to fight you off-stage it's really easy to DJAD past him.

Recovering low is definitely the most dangerous thing you can do in this match-up, though.

D

Deleted member

Idk Meta knight is gay, idk how diddy is worse unless you mess up and let him kill you early or some ****.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Diddy lives longer, has true combos, has an air-grab that's hard to punish, and the best shield in the game. It's a very annoying match-up, really.

EDIT: Oh, and it's extremely hard to get the lead back when you lose it.

bigman40

Smash Master
It's situational, but it gives you the least chance of getting screwed or interrupted from landing onto the stage as safely as would other methods. Not to lower the strength of recovering high vs MK (cause the chances of landing on stage again is pretty feasible), it's just that recovering at mid-level corresponding to the ledge is a little more effective.

Also, I should've expanded what I was saying. I didn't mean to just pick out when MK decides to rush out at you. I also meant to say that if he decides to wait on the stage for your DJAD, then it allows us to reach the ledge safer since we're not in a position to where he can react to it at ease than the others.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi has some of the best shield pressure in the game, resets back to neutral easier than he does versus MK, has the best mobility in the game, and utilizes a single naner much better than diddy does (as well as keeps control of naners much more easily). yoshi can literally super jump and grab diddys naner as he throws it, throw it to the other side of the stage and he is in control. Throw the naner up, and you can throw an egg or just double jump and catch it again, diddy cant do ****.

I do agree its quite hard to get the lead back against diddy if he wants to time you but thats never happened to me before. We pressure diddys shield really well, because we dont have to commit to anything since we just double jump away.
Yoshi times out diddy really easily since diddy cant like jump up and hit you while you are high up, cuz if he rising uairs and misses then hes below us, and diddy doesnt like that.
Chain grab is very useful because diddy sucks ofstage
I dunno, my opinions on matchups change quick, so if i ever get ***** by a good diddy i will probably think otherwise. But so far, even medium good diddy kong players have not gotten anywhere near taking a game off me XD

Sharky

Smash Master
idk about diddy, I just go rob cause I happen to have fun with that mu. =P I would like to agree with stocky in that we can get really gay aerially against diddy, though I can't admit to having too much experience in the matter.

Marth is evenish, it comes down to spacing and reads really. We both have great punish games on each other, I'd give marth the slight advantage.

Lucario
MK
TL
hard to say after that, maybe fox. mk and tl are pretty close too.

Airborne

Smash Lord
and the best shield in the game. It's a very annoying match-up, really.

aiirrrrrr graabbbbbbssssss

Edit: Also, after playing Judo's diddy in friendlies yesterday, I have to say that Final Destination seems like a better stage to separate Diddy from his bananas, and that our CG ***** him there. For stages like Battlefield, I advise air camping (like stocky implied) or work with platform camping (like Scatz does against Snake). Separating the diddy from his bananas on Battlefield is rather frustrating due to the fact that he doesn't need to travel nearly as far to regain control of them.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
aiirrrrrr graabbbbbbssssss

Edit: Also, after playing Judo's diddy in friendlies yesterday, I have to say that Final Destination seems like a better stage to separate Diddy from his bananas, and that our CG ***** him there. For stages like Battlefield, I advise air camping (like stocky implied) or work with platform camping (like Scatz does against Snake). Separating the diddy from his bananas on Battlefield is rather frustrating due to the fact that he doesn't need to travel nearly as far to regain control of them.
It's a bit difficult to get an Egg Lay with a banana in front of Diddy and a banana in Diddy's hand. Actually, I find Diddy to be very hard to grab in general.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Except that he still has one in his hand and can easily pull another one out. He's probably also charging a Peanut in the meantime.

Diddy gets stupid when he has the lead over you. =(

D

Deleted member

Polt, naner leads to grabs, and you can get him very defensive (most characters have to commit to attack a sheild, yoshi doesnt really.

Guys its really easy to steal diddys naner as he puts them out or when they are on a platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom