• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match ups: Fox, Falco, Marth, and Captain Falcon.Fox update 11-26 /newer falco vids

LEEEOOOOO

Smash Rookie
On a fast faller, its pretty effective to get them off, just dash right off the stage, aerial forward A to kill, and jump back on. At a good range of % you can DI towards your opponent while off the stage without using your first hop. This really only seems to work for fast fallers who fall quickly below the stage. Not sure if this was mentioned yet.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
On pretty much everyone, if i'm too far away to get a grab off a tech chase, i'll throw needles as they're rolling/getting up. is this considered a waste if the needles are fully charged? should i save them for another occasion? i figured the 17 damage is nice.

also, on a stylish note. dthrow tech chased short hop needles into grab is sexy.

:093:

Vincent46

Smash Cadet
could you give me some tips on the Jiggs matchhup? I always get ****ed up by rests :\

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Amazing insight on the fox matchup. It is by far the hardest opponent for me with my sheik.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
dont jump cancle grab with shiek..... it's basically the only grab in the game that doesnt benifit from a jump cancle because all it does it make the grab range abit shorter and the grab stays the same so no lag is taken off when you JC so just do regular grabs.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Her standing grab animation goes higher in the air thus making it better for grabbing people out of aerials. The lag also makes a difference when you're dealing with characters that have frame 1 moves and good sidesteps. There's a lot of merit to JC grabbing.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I always cg all characters with JC grabs.

I can do it in dittos at 7%, not gonna lie I have to practice it a bit before a match but when it's "fresh" I can consistently do it.

I'll try the running grab though, if it's easier then Sheik dittos are gonna be sooo fun

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Chaingrabbing against Sheik when you're grab is the weakest (when it only does 4% damage) is possible with away DI. I didn't think it was but I just did it yesterday. It's really ****ing hard. I did it by accident to be honest. I'm so mad I discovered that you can do that ugh. Now learning chaingrabbing is going to be so much harder since I'm going to practice it when it's at it's most weakened state. T_T

Btw, I do it without jc'ing/boosting. Just a normal running grab when chaingrabbing.

Also, critique me please: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9936957#post9936957

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i have been wondering this for a while...

at low percents, which is the best grab to use when attempting the chaingrab in dittos...

i guess dash grab comes out the quickest, as an extra frame isnt thrown in there to cancel...

jc'ing is prolly the best at higher percents cause of the increased height...

thoughts?

i have quit trying to regrab at under 15%, i just ftilt or jab and then attempt a regrab

MasterLance

Smash Rookie
I want you to do Puff matchup, please. I am taking Sheik becuase of the speed and the odd reovery whihc I think will be helpful facing Puff.

Vegard

Smash Lord
what should you do vs down tilt spamming Marth's? I struggled so much with that last time I played. I know when you're within range, you can pull of a grab, but that means you should be close to him.

Any tips?

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
what should you do vs down tilt spamming Marth's? I struggled so much with that last time I played. I know when you're within range, you can pull of a grab, but that means you should be close to him.

Any tips?
try to hit them with your sh fair/ bair but space it when they have low % otherwise they can cc (asdi down) grab you

you could try to just sheild it and wavedash in when they space it that way you can mess up their spacing but still react too what they doing after the d tilt

Vegard

Smash Lord
alright thanks.

Though I have tried to wavedash out of shield, but i guess i'm not timing it correctly / not doing it fast enough.... had no idea that sh fair could work.. also, I usually only have this problem when trying to get up from the ledge, after wavedashing on to it.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I usually only have this problem when trying to get up from the ledge, after wavedashing on to it.
In this scenario, a Marth player (or anyone, really) will probably be anticipating a fair so be cautious about using that. Wavedash -> shield -> Wavedash OoS -> grab is a realistic option, and certainly one I use frequently myself. If you're having trouble wavedashing out-of-shield, you might try just jumping onto a platform and avoiding any fighting on the edge all together. That's a pretty nasty place to be if your opponent is Marth. You could get up and spotdodge or roll but that can get really predictable and easy to punish if you abuse it. Particularly because Marth can stand in one place and cover multiple options if he's quick about his reads.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE, put up vs PEACH, that nasty ho has been killing me whether I am falco, fox, or sheik. Sheik does well as she can punish floats with priority, but the dang blender, it cuts me over and over again. Another problem is that dang dash attack that pushes you and can combo so easily.

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
I'm more of a sheik secondary, and it's interesting to me that it took you a while to figure out captain falcon, because my friend plays sheik as his main, and I play falcon, and I would generally always win. Nice to see some insight from the other end, I suppose. Great guide.

:phone:

Top Bottom