• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match ups: Fox, Falco, Marth, and Captain Falcon.Fox update 11-26 /newer falco vids

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Yeah dsmash ftw!

Also Sheik's grab beats alot of Falcon's stuff... It's because most of his moves have a slow startup.

That's basically why you noticed that Nair beats his aerials. It's not a true priority thing, what Nair actually does is hit Falcon before the hitbox of his own aerial comes out.

Falcon's aerials, when properly timed/spaced, can trade with or beat almost everything in the game.
but shiek can still get combo by an upair form CF wit is an ***** to get out of

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Against CF, I need tips on DIing his throws. In the past people have told me but I keep forgetting. I think it would be a good idea to add that into the guide.

HAT

Smash Ace
i have two things to say

1. brickman. you are too serious.

2. i am serious about number 1. you are too serious.

3. MM me at pound 3 even if you're not going, seriously.

brickman

Smash Lord
I don't think I will be able to make it out to Pound 3. You come to me!
Sorry if I am to serious in this stuff, I wrote most of it before or during finals weeks as a means to procrastinate, so I was probably under a bit of stress. I will try and go back and thin it out/make it better sometime.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
I think this guide is really good so far, thanks for the stage selections that's one area I know very little about. Youshi Story seems to be the best thing for Shiek. How Cornera for her?

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
yeah tips on peach and samus...these are too matchup where i have trouble cuz spacing is vital and cc smash gets me all the time

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
you're sheik just do moves and space them. you have more range, more speed, a better camping tool, and less lag, it's very possible to do stupid *** combos that shouldn't work if you pick the right moves, namely bair, and space.

brickman

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever had a problem against samus, all you have to do is grab and tilt to fair= win.

Peach can be up and forward tilted to death. Don't forget to throw out plenty of nairs and fairs.

It's been a while since I looked at this. My updated position on most match ups are that sheik's up tilt pretty much eats through everything.

New Sheik strat:

Run run run run, up tilt x 3. Grab to tech chase, downsmash. It pretty much kills those little spacies.

brickman

Smash Lord
except tilts don't work super well v floaties because they can DI out of it

play better players
I referenced spacies, but I may have spoken too generally. Obviously tilting isn't going to be the preferred strategy against jiggs or other floaties.

I do think that samus and peach can be tilted to an extent, but speaking in generalities is so much more enjoyable.

In any case, my sheik's a bit rusty...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Just space aerials and platform camp with needles and gayness vs floaties. Also, Bair.

It's boring but it works.
This is truth. I have tried to not do this, because it's just SO BORING, but honestly you have to do this or you're not playing it properly.

I'm going to start doing this and I'm sure my winning percentage vs floaties will increase.

soap, how do you grab floaties? Maybe Samus, but speaking for Peach and Jigglypuff, the latter is super risky to grab, and the former is gay because she floats all the time and spot dodge to dsmash is so scary.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I find you have to do that or you get horribly ***** because Sheik is rather easy to Rest for a good Puff on the ground, and Peach is also much stronger on the ground than she is when you remove her fast FCs, CC, dash attack, D-tilt, D-smash, and force her to use her bad vertical aerial mobility to fight you. But oh well maybe I'm just crazy.

Samus is terrible so it matters less because her punish game on you is less horrific compared to Puff and her ground game is less complex and potentially dangerous compared to Peach. I find Samus you can pretty much space Bair and Fair on her shield all day and win that way, and run up with shield and punish what she does if you have decent reflexes, but Peach and Puff can be scary if you let them be.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Kirby Kaze, help me on the Peach matchup dude. I lose to every Peach in the universe because I have no idea how to approach properly.

I lost to a float campy Peach, for example. But since you're saying Peach is way better on the ground, that sounds like I just ****ed up pretty badly.

You're right, you do get ***** if you don't do that, cause I get ***** pretty regularly by Puff/Peach with Sheik. I had to go Marth v Puff =/

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DoH beat me at GA so I'd just take his advice.

What I find is that a lot of Sheiks try to use too many fancy needles vs Peach. DoH ***** me for doing too many dumb needles game 2 on PS, especially from platform, I'm finding more and more you really don't need to be fancy vs Peach.

What I did vs DoH on FD (IMHO the better match) was mostly just needle spam and then SH Nair forward when they tried to space FC Fair because of how massive Sheik's Nair is (it also comes out in front of her faster than her Fair does). And vs Nairs I would jump back and FJ rising Fair or SH Fair.

On that note, I only think making Peach come after you with platform camping is effective on Dreamland, Yoshi's, and Battlefield because of the 3-platform arrangement. FoD on some transformations but the cramped (and if they're not cramped they're too low) platforms make it harder to abuse.

soap

Smash Hero
I BAir to grab alot on floaties at low percents, it has to pop them up slightly off the ground, even on puff u can grab her out the air like that without fear of crouching, if they CC'd spam another shffl. i also do alot of aerial then run up and shield and wait for a sidestep to grab. grab combos **** too much not to look for grabs at all, do it intelligently, like when its unavoidable (out the air, wait for sidesteps, call rolls)

im good against puff and peach, never had trouble with those characters, i still never took a set off vidjo though.

i use needles when the platform spacing is right to jump up there but i dont stay up there trying to force it or its really predictable and leaves u vulnerable

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LMAO I played Connor, some dude in SoCal, and he's been reading the Sheik forums and stole all the little tips that you guys have mentioned the past couple of days. The bair to grab, the auto cancel nair, etc. It was pretty surprising

soap

Smash Hero
naw, falco boards are hella lame, plus they already figured out that character, although i have my own tricks too.

i just really like playing him, his laser game + platform laser game amaze me. he controls like an entire axis too as opposed to a small radius that is needles. and lasers themselves are in their own axis of existence, u cant stop em haha.

Bigr would always tell me " how did u get so good with a BAD projectile"

plus falco combos....<3.... playing foxes is actually fun now ( i get ADD with the tech-chasing all day lolz)

i gotta get some more tourney experience with it but im gonna seriously pull my cok out for a while

soap

Smash Hero
im thinkin of coming to that st catharines canada thing this weekend, dont know if birdy'll be ready by then, but it'll be good practice.

KK who u teamin with? im still going sheik in teams

Top Bottom