• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up disagreements: Wolf!

Nic64

Smash Lord
Snake can't grenade out of IC's grabs unless they **** up regardless.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
you can't pull a nade if they do it right, don't spout false information

Edit: Me and Nic ****** this thread

Actually yeah wobbling/hobbling is troublesome against Snake but yeah you know ICs overall is easy move to Pit now -_-

****** huh? So what do you think about Pit?

Nic64

Smash Lord
55:45 or 6:4 Snake's advantage IMO, it's closer when he planks but Snake can still deal with it.

It's like the Fox and Link MU to say again. Snake shouldn't play defensively and approach the enemy. Snake's approach can't be easily beaten off by Pit actually.

Nic is cool IMO. He's the type of person uhhh I forgot how to say it

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If mikehazing is not banned at your tourney, you can do that to escape the IC's grabs.

napZzz

Smash Hero
berk instead of reading an outdated matchup opinion full of whiny ic mains crying from like, a year ago maybe you should try the matchup yourself vs. a good ic

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
You're not taking into account Snake's survivability or stupid kill power. Pit kills Snake at 180%, Snake kills Pit at 100% All you're saying is that Snake has to approach and Pit will always stop said approach.

This is why theorycrafting is stupid, it doesn't happen like this.

Snake has a plethora of mixups at his disposal and Pit would have to read the Snake perfectly every time to "easily beat off Snake's approaches." Just because you lose to a Pit doesn't make it Pit's favor, it makes the Pit better than you.
I don't think we survive that long...Pit's B-air and F-smash are not that weak. Also, take into account Pit's Juggling/Gimping abilities.
And we kill pit at.....about 120.
And yes...most of the time Pit....will stop our appraoches that don't include Nades.
But I could be wrong. :p

6Mizu

Smash Champion
You're not taking into account Snake's survivability or stupid kill power. Pit kills Snake at 180%, Snake kills Pit at 100% All you're saying is that Snake has to approach and Pit will always stop said approach.

This is why theorycrafting is stupid, it doesn't happen like this.

Snake has a plethora of mixups at his disposal and Pit would have to read the Snake perfectly every time to "easily beat off Snake's approaches." Just because you lose to a Pit doesn't make it Pit's favor, it makes the Pit better than you.
I don't think we survive that long...Pit's B-air and F-smash are not that weak. Also, take into account Pit's Juggling/Gimping abilities.
And we kill pit at.....about 120.
And yes...most of the time Pit....will stop our appraoches that don't include Nades.
But I could be wrong. :p

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Epic double post

Pits bair is short ranged and predictable.

If you can't SDI Pit's fsmash, you need practice.

Why would our approaches not incorporate nades?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Wow....sry bout that....**** comp. didn't show...it AND it logged me off as I tried to post it. >: (

No punishment plz. TY.

I can.
Cause not all approaches do.

Anyway, I think you won this. :)
Good job you convinsed me (I'm stubborn whenit comes to MU's)

I now believe it's an even MU.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Actually Syx, although I havent tried it with pits f-smash, i have trouble sdiing diddy's f-smash, so its not that easy.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Pit and Snake: Snake is forced to appraoch. and all of our appraoches are obvious ans easily beaten off by Pit. I think that enough said for that.
So Snake v Pit
55/45 (pit's fav)
Name one top-level or recognizable Snake player that has been beaten by a Pit. Or a Pit player that has consistently taken out ranked Snakes.

If you cannot, then there is absolutely no evidence behind your statement, and thus it cannot be true.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Koolaid ***** Snakes, but thats beside the point, since we all decided that this thread is useless.

It would be great if you would lock this thread Panda. ^.^

napZzz

Smash Hero
Name one top-level or recognizable Snake player that has been beaten by a Pit. Or a Pit player that has consistently taken out ranked Snakes.

If you cannot, then there is absolutely no evidence behind your statement, and thus it cannot be true.
unforunately I dont think this matchup has even happened at a top level in awhile tbh. Thats the problem.

It'd be interesting to see a modern day top snake take on one of the good pits though.

-Ran

Smash Master
Snake and Pit is about even. I've played against Esca [veeeery good Pit] enough to know it. It's really a matter of who gets the first stock, since then the true camping begins. Both characters have issues dealing with the others camp game.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
WELL Koolaid doesn't **** me anymore. I've beaten him at UMAD tourney, and nearly beat him at Bum's tourney. That grand finals video against him is an awful example of how I do against him now that I learned the matchup. And Fatal goes pretty even with koolaid. They haven't played out a set since BATL 4 tourney though, so I dunno.

Oh, and the match is probably 55-45 Snake IMO. Yea, that's right. It's not in Pit's favor. It's just a fairly tough matchup.

Teh Future

Smash Master
berk instead of reading an outdated matchup opinion full of whiny ic mains crying from like, a year ago maybe you should try the matchup yourself vs. a good ic
the matchup is at least 60-40. Snake has all the tools to destroy ICs, just because all you did against me was camp nades and run away doesn't mean its all you can do. after we get hit by grenades and knocked into the air you can seperate us easily and kill nana. You just kept running away which is the only reason I managed to get you to last stock

napZzz

Smash Hero
the matchup is at least 60-40. Snake has all the tools to destroy ICs, just because all you did against me was camp nades and run away doesn't mean its all you can do. after we get hit by grenades and knocked into the air you can seperate us easily and kill nana. You just kept running away which is the only reason I managed to get you to last stock
lmao I had 30 minutes of sleep and had been up for way too long, I think after I played you I went and napped for like 1 hour or two. and I played the matchup how its supposed to be played you idiot

if ic's best aspect is their ability to take your whole ****ing stock with one grab why would I get close to you? But snake is also a grounded character, meaning that all it takes is for snake to slip up ONCE and his stock is gone from whatever percent. He cant win the game with nades alone and running around, eventually he WILL miss a grab/tilt and ic's can capitolize on that.

I'm also pretty sure that if blizzard is spaced correctly so that its only hitting snake with the tip it blows up nades without hitting ic's and that will shield poke snake if he's trying to shield it and blow him up.

Ic's can even juggle snake with their ******** uair and other moves. plus once he's in the air he's at risk for getting grabbed when he's trying to get back down

what YOU need to stop doing is acting like its a tough matchup because you cant learn it. Snake may be able to seperate them, kill early-ish, camp them, etc. but he's not immune to getting grabbed. and all it takes is ONE mistake and the game is most likely equal again or ic's are winning.

Oh btw, how'd it feel getting 2-0'd by breezys ganon k. if you cant beat a ganon with ic's I dont think your opinion on any matchup should matter lol

Teh Future

Smash Master
I dont see how me being inconsistent has anything to do with a matchup ratio but I guess if your just gonna throw a fit if anyone posts anything negative about you theres no point in discussing anything.

btw, your diddy is terribellllllllleelele.

OHS ****IHSHS ON

Prawn

Smash Master
AFAIK Koolaid doesn't "****" bizkit and fatal doesn't "****" koolaid.

He puts up a tough fight against both of them and is very capable of beating both of them.

Top Bottom